Poor Megatron....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by WhiteMocha, Feb 5, 2007.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

2. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    that is such bull crap! did they forget that the walter p-38 was used by the nazis, the most evil group of people on this world. and when ironhide had his freaking head blown off by megatron, im sure he wasnt thinking "This guy doesn't scare me"

they just viewed him as being "non intimidating" just because he is from a cartoon in the 80s.

they dont know what they are talking about

3. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Right on. P38 is a spy gun. Not a big honkin' mess-you-up gun.

I take umbrage to Zod. Zod was the baddest of asses right up until the climax of the movie, and that's only because they fired Donner and messed up his movies.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    that list sucked...there are way worse villians...hell, they even mentioned one that was horrible, but not on the list at all....

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Uhhhhh yeah... and? That is, afterall, where over 90% of the populous know Megatron & Soundwave from - an 80's cartoon where the Decepticons were portrayed more as incompetant baffoons hatching endless "Pinky & The Brain" schemes than actually being evil bad guys. And most people just think of Meg's a gun, not specifically a Walther P38 that also happened to be used by Nazi's in WWII.

The animated movie was the first & only time we ever actually saw the Con's being real badasses that killed their foes. Before & after that, they were more of an annoyance than anything.

Don't get too bent out of shape about it.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, I agree, the list is pretty questionable. I wouldn't take it too seriously... there are a lot of villains whom they didn't include but should have, and there are some on that list (including Megs) who I don't really think deserve to be one there. It's all just one magazine dude's opinion, anyway.

I did enjoy the inlcusion of John Travolta in ALL his villain roles, though... because I agree with the guy, Travolta just makes a terrible villain. :) 

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm with incepticon. I think the cartoon version of Megs is really not intimidating at all. but you know what will be? seeing Movie Megs on the big screen. i think i might wet my pants.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yes take some random list on the internet to be the gospel!!! I swear, there is so much of this garbage in the media, and some people treat this shit like its the be all and end all of entertainment.

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I think they are pretty spot on with G1 meg's in cartoon form at least, it might not be a perfect list but a lot of them make sense to me.

10. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Poor Megs...poor Megs? Look at what they said about the Daleks.

Nobody would mess with an army of Daleks, they're the most ruthless and uncaring villains out there.

11. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

well the p-38 wasn't a burp gun. the nazis being the most evil group of people can't be said when american troops are dropping cluster bombs on children and pointing m-16s at women. those are some evil weapons; american soldiers. and your're right, it's just because he was a cartoon. he seemed to just want to bitch about some villians that HE was never scared of. maybe toilet paper really scares him. :) 

12. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    WE ARE THE SUPERIOR BEINGS WE WILL EXTERMINATE YOU HAVE TO COME DOWN FROM THOSE STAIRS SOME TIME.

13. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

its just a sucky article all together.

14. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Ahem.....ELEVATE!

4 Daleks>5 million Cybermen

15. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

You're absolutely right. The Soviets could definately give the Nazis a run for their money when it comes to evil.