Minor/Repaint: Poor man's Bruticus upgrade

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fawnheart2000, Apr 24, 2011.

1. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

Hey here are some concepts to use the Junkion Blacksmith Infinity Warfare set to act as a poor man's upgrade to Bruticus Maximus.

If you want Bruticus Maximus to have articulated arms you would need to use the tanks as arms. Basicly from vehicle mode you swivel the turret to face backward then untab the tracks and and move them upward and twist the waist away from the front of Bruticus. This will make it so the tank figure's hip and knee joints act as a double jointed elbow for Bruticus.

The helocopter figures I haven't found a way to give Bruticus extra articulation. Let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

2. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    how exactly is it a poor man's version. those 3rd party predaking parts cost more than that whole bruticus when you include shipping. :lol 

still okay attempt though. :) 

3. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    the junkion blacksmith parts cost less than fifty bucks, and you get a whole lot of stuff for the price. Best thirdparty accessory set to date price-wise IMHO.

anyways, nice attempt, the tank wings kinda give him a meaner look, but, couldn't you have used the choppers as arms as well? I know someone showed this a ways back, couldn't find it for this post right now but maybe someone else will.

Good job all the same.

4. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

thats a rich man upgrade lol nice dude

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    now it need feet.. and then it perfect!

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Flexible, inexpensive, and with a lor of options! So agreed! Not truly an option for the poor-poor fan, but definitely a lot of bang for your buck if you've got just a little extra scratch to throw around.

I've gotten the red-set already, and think I'll be snagging the blue one soon, and so far I don't have any plans to even give ANY of it to the Predacons or Predaking!

Love the idea here, and you just made me realize that the solution to my Nexus-Prime-hands problem was sitting right under my nose! (Just gotta get those Blue hands so he really has the proper Prime-look!)

D/L

7. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

ugh welcome to the poormans club except for that fact that your the richest xD and nice upgrade too!=D

8. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

Thanks

Well I called it a poor man's upgrade because the Infinity Warfare set only costs ~$36 where as the Fansproject crossfire sets go for $120 or more.

@shinobi yes you could use the choppers, but I couldn't figure out a way to give them elbow articulation.

@g60force yeah now he needs feet.

This thread was just to show people some of the things you can do with the Infinity Warfare set since I already have the FP sets for Bruticus. I've also upgraded my Devastator with this set (thread here http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/395441-junkion-blacksmith-devastator-mods.html )
    The upgraded Devastator is where this set of add-ons will be staying.

I'm still working on making an upgrade for Superion with this set. Plus I've been working on WFC Optimus Prime upgraded with this set also.

@micky24 funny you should say that I'm actually unemployed at the moment, but I received a fairly big Tax Refund check so I was able to splurge a bit.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  9. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

i REALLY like the tanks as the arms, that looks mean!

i just wish i could find the rest of the helicopter limbs i need to complete my bruticus.

10. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

hahaha,same here ive been starting to build things from scrap so yeah but your upgrade is kinda xD higher..=D poor man all the way xD

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  11. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

OK

Yeah it can be viewed as high priced if your only thinking about the hands, but this set can easily be used to upgrade 6-8 figures. Also remember some custom head sculpts can easily cost just as much for 1 or 2 figures. So as destrongerlupus said "a lot of bang for your buck if you've got just a little extra scratch to throw around."

For instance:
    1. Hands for a gestalt
    2. Swords for up to 5 figures (depends on if you combine some to make bigger swords.)
    3. Guantlets for 1-4 figures (depends on if you use them with the gestalt hands or give only one guantlet to 4 figures.)
    4. Cannons for 1-4 figures (depends on if you use any for sword hilts or give more than one to a figure.)
    5. 2 Peg extenders or cannon tips (these act like the small guns for the Perfect Effect Shadow Warriors or Ninjas figures that extend their handles to make them work as handguns for some figures. They also work for Targetroids like Hot Flames so the Protector armor can hold him.)

Now to be honest there are two bits that are specifically made for Predaking for his shoulder cannons that I have not found a use for YET.

I just hadn't seen anybody using these Infinity Warfare sets yet and thought I'd share a few ideas. Let me know what you guys think of them and if you come up with any cool ideas for using them.

12. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

question

would it be possible to modify some of the parts with a replica part cast molded from the handle grip part of fansproject bruticus maximus's twin longbarroled shotguns/sniper rifle/machete/sword piece

in such a way that the handle grip part could be attached to parts from the infinity warfare add on set in a connectable detatchable manner?