Poor Breakaway...*sob*

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blackout2505, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I have Thrust, and he's surprisingly amazing. Seriously, I thought nothing of him and someone gave him to me as a gift. I must have trasnformed him like 200 times that day, and I still enjoy fiddling with him from time to time. This mold has a very fun transformation.

Sometimes I think it would have looked better with less toes (just the center ones). It would still be stable, and the feet could hide better in alt mode. Still, it's a sweet figure.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have the Darker version of Breakaway, still on the card. I will open him eventually.

The darker version actually has extra green paint applications on his forearms, making him more accurate to his video game model and original movie artwork. The first-released lighter version lacks these extra paint applications. Look the the picture below:

I know this may be a bit late, but recently I discovered a 3rd Breakaway variant. From the two we already know, light jet w/darker red paint vs. dark jet w/lighter red paint, there is now a third variant: light jet w/the dark jet's lighter red paint color.

In the image quoted above^, the jet mode has red paint on the sides of the fuselage. You will notice that the light jet has dark red paint, whereas the dark jet has lighter red paint. The variant I found is the light jet now with the lighter red paint. I actually had another light colored Breakaway on hand in the store to compare it to. I could clearly see a strong difference in the reds among both jets. These were the only 2 Breakaway toys they had in the entire store. There was definitely a difference in the red paint's light vs. dark, and this was not a case of one toy being painted more than the other, as the red painted areas on both toys were very well covered.

You can see the differences in the red color much better here:

http://www.tfu.info/2009/Autobot/Breakaway/robotmode.jpg

http://www.tfu.info/2009/Autobot/Breakaway/varrobotmode.jpg

So to recap:

Breakaway v1- light tan with dark red paint.
    Breakaway v2- dark tan with light red paint.(same as Takara-Tomy release)
    Breakaway v3- light tan with light red paint.<<<*NEW*

Just thought I'd share this.

3. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have the bronze version. I found him on clearance here a couple of months ago, and luckily, he's still on clearance!

Bronze variant Breakaway

Good luck!

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I just ordered one. :)  Thanks!

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anyone know where I can find ROTF Thrust?

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Thrust is cool.

Maroon and black > tan and brown

Decepticon > Autobot

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The mold belongs to Breakaway, so I'm not getting Thrust. I'm hoping for a Thrust repaint of Dirge when the next movie comes out.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I actually didn't like the head design & colors of Rotf Breakaway. However I thought the mold itself had potential. I was so excited when I saw the ROTF Thrust figure. needeless to say I got the Thrust version of this mold. I preferred the newer head sculpt,better colors & the decepticon faction on this mold.

9. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I picked up both of his colors (light + dark) when he was 1st released when TRU had the dlxs for $7. I also got the Thrust repaint as well. Thrust seemed to be be one of the harder to find ROTF figures. When the Target 2pks go to clearance (they will), I'll pick up the asian ploice re-deco of him also. He'll look pretty cool next to the Barracade w/ the same color scheme. I like this figure. One of the bright spots of the ROTF line IMO. I'm not sure about $19 though. I'm sure you could do better in the Junkion, or even eBay. I'd check the Junkion first though. Probably an easy aquisition, seeing as how the new stuff is starting to make its way around.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Got my bronze variant Breakaway in the mail today. Glad I took the chance because this little guy has so much character. Those sad eyes and clumsy big feet are endearing.