Polos/hats for Botcon (updated with T-Shirt info)

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by alphie, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

REMINDER:

Today is the last day to pre-order if you want to guarantee something by Botcon (and maybe at all!)

Be sure to get those orders (and down payments) in!

2. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Just to let everyone know we dropped off most of the shirts at the embroidery shop today. We'll take the hats and a few more shirts later in the week. Thanks everyone for your orders. I'll let you know when they are done, and those of you who are having them shipped I'll send them out as soon as we can. It should be awhile though.

3. ChldsPlay

Just another update. We picked up most of the shirts today. We're still waiting on a few shirts, plus all of the hats and beanies. If you're having the shirts shipped and if we got them today then we'll be shipping them out soon, possibly Monday.

Also, we are having a TFW t-shirt made up, and it MAY be available for a very limited run since Botcon is fast approaching. I'm not sure on the price, though I'm guessing they'd be around $20 if we make them. These would also not be personalized.

4. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ooohhhh.... What s the design on the T shirt going to look like? Anything you can show us, if even from the preliminary designs?

5. ChldsPlay

It's basically like the Polo, but with the boombox head as the only thing on the front, and the tfw2005.com would be on the sleeve. No "staff" or screen names. Just a more simple style for a more casual shirt.

6. ChldsPlay

Ok, got the t-shirt back. The embroidery guy screwed up and made it exactly like the polos, but oh well. Here it is:

[​IMG]

And here is my quickly and poorly done edit to give you an idea of what I wanted him to do with this one:

[​IMG]

Like I mentioned before, they'd probably be around $20. Maybe as low as $18. I'm not even sure how much this one cost me yet.

7. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my polo the other day! It's really nice. If you haven't got one yet, go for it (if it's not too late).

Thanks!

8. ChldsPlay

Thanks for the good word Hoolagrin, we're glad you like you're shirt.

There is probably enough time left that we can get some more made before Botcon. Not a lot mind you, but some. Also, I haven't heard much interest on the t-shirts. I might go ahead and have some (maybe 10 or so) made up to take to Botcon, just in case, but I'm not sure. It's a big financial risk with all this stuff. Everything we've done so far has probably cost us around $2,000 to have done. Now a good chunk of that is taken care of by what people put in orders for, but we have quite a lot of stuff that isn't accounted for and will be for sale at Botcon and if they don't sell decently we'll be out a good bit of money. So I'm a little reluctant to do anything new without much interest.

9. ChldsPlay

Update on Everything:

Firstly all the polos, hats, and beanies are complete. I've shipped out to everyone that needed them shipped, and most if not all of you have received them already and it sounds like you're very pleased. I'm glad to hear it.

Secondly, the t-shirts. There will be 12 available at Botcon. Two each of sizes small and medium. Four each of sizes large and X-Large. My apologies to the big guys out there (though if you do need a bigger size and want one let me know, I might be able to get it done in time). Those twelve shirts will be split into 2 groups. Six will be like the picture I posted above with the Boombox head on the chest and tfw2005.com underneath. The other six will be will have only the Boombox head on the chest and tfw2005.com will be on the left sleave (this one is my personal preference). Cost will be $20. If anyone one wants one shipped we can do that. I'm not sure of the cost yet, but it won't be anymore than $5 (the same as for the polos) in the states and will more than likely be less than that. These are embroidered just like the polos, so it's not just an image on the shirts.

Lastly we need to figure out a good way of completing the orders with everyone at Botcon. A place and time to meet etc. Many of you alphie and I know we will run into or be hanging out with. Some of you we're not sure when we'd run into you, or what you look like even. There are several options we could think about. We could have them at the TFW booth, but there's no telling the exact times alphie or I will be there. Maybe during registration? Or it may need to be done individually since everyone has there things they need to do.

So, post here if you have any suggestions or questions. Also if you are interested in a t-shirt let us know. You can PM me or alphie (though our boxes are getting full) too.

Thanks again everyone, we really hope you love everything!

10. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    I'll just assume last year's haunting mode. :D 

11. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure Backscatter & I know what Alphie looks like. We will try to find you. Last year we never even found the TFW booth. We do have our pic in the "what the heck do you look like" thread. All in all I am sure we will connect. We register on Wed. evening but will be over for the store line on Thursday as well.

12. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm with Freyabeads on this one, I'm in early for class... so if you or Alphie need any assistance on Registration day, I'm there for you two.

13. ChldsPlay

Alright, our registration is at 6pm on Thursday. We'll be there awhile before six I'm sure and awhile after as we wait in the store line for the exclusives. We'll be bringing all the orders with us at that time (All other items not ordered will be at the TFW booth during the con). So we'll try to get as much of that taken care of at that time. Anyone who isn't able to be there Thursday night we'll have to work out another time. Some of you we'll see before that, so you can get them sooner.

And, unlike last year, I will go to the bank and get some $5 bills ready so I am able to make change a little better.

14. ChldsPlay

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who purchased something from us this year. Kristen and I really hope you like everything.

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    We loved them! I wore my hat today, too :)  Fun hanging with both of you!

16. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Heck yes, I love them. I can't wait to see what you both have planned for next year.

17. ChldsPlay

Yeah, not sure how that's going to go. We didn't do very well with the Decepticop polos this year, and the Ratchet one's sold ok, unfortunately everyone wanted the same size! T-shirts, hats, and beanies weren't a big success either.

Also there were apparently some from the big H that weren't thrilled with our polos. Hopefully that won't be an issue if we continue to basically keep it limited to small runs for Botcon.

Next year is a big year for the convention though with it being the 25th anniv. and the next movie coming out, so it presents a nice opportunity. We'll see what we can come up with. At the very least, I think we'll try to come up with something new for TFW.

18. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro gave you grief for the polos? I wonder why? I loved mine and I appreciate the effort that went into it. Thanks again.

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Polo was one of my favorite items to wear this Botcon. Freyabeads feels the same way. What issue could the Big H have with that? The polo doesn't even say Transformers on it. Really enjoy the cap as well.

20. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kevin, do you and Alphie still have any extras from this year kicking about? I hope you didn't end up having to lug a bunch of them back home.

I can see why they might have some slight issues with them, but I can hope that they will turn the other cheek as it were.