POLL: Thundercats V.S. TF Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by megapork, Aug 19, 2011.

?

Which show is better?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2011.
  1. Thundercats 2011

60 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. Transformers Prime

91 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Both are awesome

76 vote(s)
    31.9%
  4. I Dont care.....

11 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. megapork

megapork Cheese

POLL: Thundercats V.S. TF Prime.

A Poll to see whether which is hotter: The thunderian warriors or the hardened robot aliens. Well Not really.

Which show is so far more appealing to you? Which is better, the one with the talking felines whose plot hasnt moved but can make a man child like me cry or the robot face taking show with more of that chick who never learns than the guy who got no face to take(Do not vote if you haven't watched more than one episode of each show
    ).

NOTE: Compare TF Prime and thundercats in the quality of writing and animation so far, not the the quality of episode next to episode.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Thundercats, easily. They've engaged me with just four episodes in a way that TFP hasn't managed with twenty-two episodes.

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly can't give an unbiased and fair opinion on this because I've only watched Prime, so I don't know how good Thundercats is. That said, there is no way a show that has only shown FOUR episodes is better then a show that has had 22, no way in hell is any show that good.

4. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

5. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Time you watched some Thundercats then, methinks.

6. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why, so I can be proven right? I'm not saying Thundercats isn't good, but there's no way it's that good. That's like saying 10 episodes of Young Justice is better then all of Justicle League; it's a spur of the moment statement.

7. megapork

megapork Cheese

Well.... I cried while watching a recent episode. First time ive cried cause of kid's show since justice league.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

both are awesome, and i don't care which one is better, because they're on at a different time, thus i can WATCH BOTH! :p 

why; oh why would any one choose between the two as long as you can watch both?

as long as they're not on at the same time, i don't give a damn which one's better, i like both! :lol 

9. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thundercats properly hit the ground running and is driving it's plot forward from the get go. The past 2 episodes can be enjoyed as stand alone or as part of the bigger story, which is shaping up to be epic.
    As much as I'm enjoying Prime, whilst things have been happening, like MECH and Starscream's machinations, these elements seem to pop up as and when they want to fit a story around them, not as part of a driving narrative. Where are MECH now? What is Starscream's MO? There isn't much longer to go with Prime's first season and it's still 'Macguffin this, Macguffin that'.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thundercat's writing so far has been awesome, but the choppy animation and sub-par voice acting (The two kitties and Cheetara just don't go with my ears and that's horrible because they're main characters) make it hard for me to consider it superior to Prime. Both series are about the same thing in quality to me due to being good in things that the other is not and vice-versa.

It's not even cool stylized choppy like in GI Joe Renegades too, it's just "cheap anime" choppy.

11. Idon

Idon Well-Known Member

Even if half of those 22 episodes are fillers which the writers don't use for character development?
    They should have taken notes from Animated, which has done a superb job on making the characters feel alive and easy to relate to.

Also ever heard of the phrase quality over quantity? Thundercats is a phenomenal show and the writers actually know what they're doing.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now you're just flat out lying. The only episode in the whole show that was "filler" was Speed Metal and that one was still full of charectization for Knock Out. If you disagree I would be honestly very interested in seeing you try to articulate why but I'm afraid that you will go on an hyperbole parade just like in that post.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong with being proven right in this case, man. In fact, you'd stand to gain.

14. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arcee and Starscream would like to talk to you about the character development thing. And yes I've heard of quality over quantity, but it makes no sense when your comparing two very different shows with very different approachs.

I'm assuming Thundercats is written as a continuity driven show and not a stand alone series like Prime, so obviously they can develop characters and stories more fluidly than Prime.

Besides, does it really matter? These two shows aren't even in the same genre for pete sakes; one is a sci-fi action show with two factions of robots fighting a never ending war on Earth and the other is a fantasy show that warrior cats. That's like comparing the Simpsons and Batman: TAS, it's an idiotic comparison.

15. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Thundercats. Sorry, but the "Song of the Petalars" single episode make it worth.

16. Idon

Idon Well-Known Member

Sure, I'd love to have a chat with Arcee on how her PTSD seems more like PMS, being all episodic and inconsistent and guess I'll have to ask Screamer how he managed to become second in command seeing how he is the weakest and the biggest coward out of all Starscreams in all TF history.

Oh I see you're one of those who will dismiss that an episode is a filler just because it introduced something new to the show even though that could have easily have been implemented into another episode.
    Ok let me ask you this then, Episode 21 isn't filler right? So what exactly did it do?
    Gave us character development?
    Nope, Miko had several chances to learn her lesson, so even if she does learn her lesson from this one, it wasn't needed, she could have gotten the hint earlier.
    Gave us the synth energon formula?
    Yeah that's neat, but couldn't they have just put a 2 minute battle at the beginning of Ep 22 in which the data container got damaged and they could only recover a partial formula?
    Same effect, nothing is lost, nothing has changed, Ep 22 plays out exactly the same.

But ok, these episodes aren't filler, no, they're just horribly written pointless episodes, my apologies.

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thundercats, easily.

18. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Thundercats

19. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Thundercats> My Little Pony FIM> Clone Wars> Young Justice> Transformers Prime> GI Joe> Voltron

I never miss an episode of TFP, I can't say that about any other show. But, that's not because I think it's better, it's simply because it's Transformers. When all is said and done I am a Transformers fan first. Believe me, I wish I could say TFP is a good show. But when I can honestly say I enjoy watching My Freaken Little Pony more....... something has gone horrificly wrong.

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I chose "both are great shows", but just because Prime isn't moving in Novela speed through its storyline doesn't indicate that its episodes are filler. The writers know that they have a second season for sure. They can take their time writing the story they want. Cats is only in its second episode, and while it's awesome, it also has the challenge of bringing back a name that some kids haven't heard in a while (or ever). This week's past episode could have fallen into the same category of Filler, as it didn't move the overall story along and just introduced some temporary characters. If you say that it served to make the main character realize the importance of a moment in time, then the same can be said about some Prime episodes where nothing moves in the overall plot, but something smaller happens that will take more importance in the future. Starscream has been developing madly in this series, over short instances within a group of episodes. I call that better writing than forcing all of that into one episode to keep it from being called filler.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011