Poll: How do you take your tech specs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by novabeam10, Aug 17, 2009.

?

How do you like your techs

1. No tech for me! I'm fine

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. G1 style! Gimmie that plastic decoder!

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  3. G2/BW: I like a bit of bio and those funky tech bars

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. RID: Tech cards and bio backing

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Energon: They're like trading cards with no words!

11 vote(s)
    19.6%
  6. Everything on the packaging

23 vote(s)
    41.1%
  7. Printed to the back of the instructions.

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. novabeam10

novabeam10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After buying Tf's for a while I noticed a few changes. Oddly enough one that caught my eye is the bio/tech specs of the bots and how they are delivered. In G1 times they were a long cutout from the box/card with a short bio and those groovy tech specs requiring that clear red strip of plastic that always got misplaced. Late G1 and G2/beast wars reformatted the design to a collector card style with indicator bars instead of the lines. RID put the tech foremost and put the bio on a separate card sometimes. Armada had those wimpy sticker like things with no Techs at all. Energon gave us the "trading card" tech with a pic on the front and the techs on the back (still no bio) Cybertron gave us both and stuck them on the back of the package which annoyed people who wanted to get loose figs to display but needed the packaging to complete the figure. Animated, 07 movie and some classics either put the Bios on the reverse of the packaging or on the reverse of the instructions. Now the same can be said for the ROTF and universe 2.0 lines. My big question is how do you prefer your Techs? Or do you like em at all?

2. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I like mine on the packaging. I enjoy reading about a character I'm about to buy, since there are some movie characters, like Sideways and Demolishor, also all the constructicons, that don't have any real characters and have no established personalities due lack of screen time. It almost makes me sad that kids reject Transformers like that.

Sometimes I'm swayed just by reading packaging. I got Sideways by doing so, don't regret it. He's a great toy.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

G1, but I'll take anything as an improvement on what we have in Europe right now: a couple of bullet points that only serve as a preview to what you'll find on TFWiki.

4. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

I didn't mind the Energon style, but i wasn't a huge fan of Energon, so if they used that style for newer figures i would be happy, plus, who wants to cut a big chunk out of the box of the TF?. I know that the ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp (TFTM Starscream repaint) come with trading cards, they might be holographic if i remember right.

5. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

All on the packaging.

6. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    I would like to see baseball card sized ones but using a g1 look. maybe a lenticular image of the characters bot/alt mode.

7. AMG

AMG Old School

Can can print it on whatever they like. As long as I get some stats and a small bio I'm good.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    this

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I like that stuff on the box.

10. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Tech specs are something that I've truly never cared about, ever ever ever. I'd rather have more of a bio on the back than two or three lines of rubbish. But, I suppose I'd want them all on the packaging so I don't have to keep any damned trading cards or anything.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You sir, need a job at Hasbro.
    i would love to have something like that that i could put into sleeves into a notebook and then flip page after page of bio cards.

My Encore Ratchet has something like that and i just wish I could read Japanese!

12. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

All on the fking package

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    G1 style (decoder required) and on the package.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd say G1 stylee. Maybe not on the box though as I like to keep my boxes undamaged (well, not in my G1 days as I have a big stack of clipped G1 tech specs). So maybe separate collector cards with the art and bio on one side and the stats on the other. But still with that G1 flavour.
    Just what I was going to say. Damn multi-language nonsense coming over here and taking our tech specs space.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh god they're horrible.

MEGATRON IS THE EVIL LEADER OF ALL DECEPTICONS

OPTIMUS PRIME LIKES JUSTICE

SOUNDWAVE SENDS SOUNDWAVES

16. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Cards are nice. I don't want to cut up the box because then the back of the card looks cut up. G1 looked cool, but in the end, I really don't even bother with them. Sometimes I don't even read them.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I like the way they're done on the current Universe and Movie packaging: A quick little bio and all the tech spec stats. Probably the one thing they could add is the quotes, they add so much to a character's personality (like G1 Swindle's; "Make Deals, Not War").

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I like them on the back of the instructions. I always keep my instructions!

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Down one of the sides on the box. The sides of TF boxes are pretty much wasted these days anyway.
    Or make one of the flaps on the box sides (the flappy ones top and bottom that go inside under the box side) bigger and print it on that. I think there was something similar for the cardboard heads on Encore Ratchet and Ironhide. Just make one of the flaps longer and print a profile and tech specs on there. People can then cut off the flap if they want to keep it.

20. novabeam10

novabeam10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where I display my figs the Box idea gets old pretty quick I love the Japanese bio trading card idea you can put them in a trading card hardshell case out of the way. I got one of the euro techs here and ....yeah....its bad.