Poll for those of you disappointed with ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JMFabianoRPL, Jun 29, 2009.

?

What should be done with TF3?

1. Keep it the same! It's PERFECT.

38 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Same continuity, but it is possible to tweak things.

129 vote(s)
    51.0%
  3. Same continuity, but pretend ROTF never existed (semi-reboot)

19 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. It's REBOOT TIME!

22 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. They Batman and Robin'ed it. Reboot, and call Christopher Nolan, stat.

31 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. No more movies! It just doesn't work.

12 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. Other?

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL Active Member

I didn't see the movie myself, but given the criticisms from critics and fans alike, I was curious nonetheless as to which way you think the future of the LA movie franchise should go.

2. rycexboi

rycexboi Member

I think I the 3rd film will be alot better than first and second. Since Mike bay will have at least a year off and have a better start compared to making ROTF which was interrupted by the DGA strike.

3. ItsStarscream

ItsStarscream ImmortalSeekerGod

If this poll is only for those disappointed with ROTL why is there a vote to keep it the same? This poll wont work I can see that now cause all the ones who did like it are going to come in and vote their opinion regardless of what the poll is trying to do... *sigh*...typical...

I voted total reboot....theres no hope for the damage thats been laid out in the first movie and from what I know of the second one...no hope at all.... (sorry it was too good to pass up there...)

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

In all honesty, I have no interest in a third installment. I'd rather see a re-edit for ROTF.

5. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

It's very easy to set up a sequel that doesn't tie into ROTF. It's not like The Empire Strikes Back where the movie ends on an unresolved plot point (owing greatly to the fact that there wasn't alot of plot to begin with). This is one of those situations where a sequel can be made that simply overlooks the more nonsensical aspects of ROTF. The twins for examply can be thrown to the background (or the curb). Reduce the reliance on MacGuffins and Deus Ex Machinas and develop the personalities of some of the transformers (probably the hardest thing for Bay). A strong script and a viable adversary is all that a sequel really needs.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't see why ROTF couldn't just be completely ignored. I liked the first film, so I have no problem with the continuity.

7. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

REBOOT. It's quite apparent that the Transformer models are way more complex and don't make sense visually or economically. Bay is a disaster, burn it down and start over. Take the franchise to someone who knows what they're doing, Marvel Studios.

8. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

They let Michael Bay off of his leash for the second one and he did exactly what everyone expected: pissed on the couch, tore up everyone's shoes, humped Megan Fox's leg, alienated the visitors and produced a lousy film. All the problems I had with the first movie were amplified here.

What Spielberg needs to do is tighten the leash until Bay is dangling from it; I.E. take a much more active role in directing the third one, lest this trilogy suffers from the dreaded sequel decay, and let Bay take *full* control of his precious explosions. In all honesty, if it weren't for the animated robots, I'd much prefer the first one to this leg-humping, plot-wandering, catchphrase-spouting, animation-recycling, FACE-GIVING, stereotype-beating piece of tin.

And starry-eyed movie lovers, take note: This movie, while you may be satisfied with it, wasn't just far from being a masterpiece; it's on the same level as the Scary Movie types of films, in humor and quality. In fact, parodying this movie in one of those might be considered overkill. It's a flawed film from a borderline nutcase.

9. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    ROTF was such an improvment over the first one just keep it the same and tweak it up seems the third one will be the last so just let them finish it and a few years down the road let someone revisit tfs and provide them more justice.

10. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    keep it, tweak it, then end it.

11. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

^ this

12. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Ah, Marvel Studios! Those are serious people whom respect the source material.
    I wish Marvel could buy the Transformers brand...

13. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    No more movies. Apparently a live-action Transformers movie is too much for Hollywood's undersized brains to do.

14. JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL Active Member

Yeah Marvel Studios. The same Marvel that approved Dudepeel, black Kingpin, the many F4 flaws, and the symbiote that turns Peter Parker into an asshole version of John Travolta.

Seriously, Marvel is better than most at being true to their original characters. But they're not perfect.

15. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

Those were not Marvel alone, all of that crap can be directly blamed on studio meddling (Fox/New Line/Universal/etc.) where they think they know what the audiences want.

I'm talking Marvel Studios as an independent entity where THEY actually have full control over their properties. They've only done 2 movies thus far; Iron Man and the Hulk reboot.

16. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same continuity but:

1) ditch the leads - Megan Fox is skanky and Shia is, well, Shia.
    2) make the Transformers actually have personalities (and no, a racial stereotype is NOT a personality)
    3) make the story about The Transformers
    4) make the Transformers LOOK like Transformers
    5) actually have a Story
    6) ditch Michael Bay and his militaristic-fetishist bullshit idea of direction

Oh wait, that's a reboot isn't it? OK, I change my answer.

"I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark when he made Pearl... ahem... Transformers"

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stop right there.

18. vslayerntx

vslayerntx Well-Known Member

same continuity but defintley have some tweeking that needs to be done.....lets reduce the human interaction parts that way cahrcaters like arcee and jolt get more screen time....after all we go there to see the transformers themseleves.....even though the humans play a part in the movie...face it we want to see more of the robots themselves.....and not sjut them sitting in their alt mode in the background ( I men a wehat is up with that....do they enjoy jusy haveing to sit in the vehicle mode in a hanger until their needed?????)

19. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

Tone down the silliness & develop the characters. More screen time for the bots, No more bots? feature the ones we already have.

Sideswipe
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Arcee

Help us learn more about these guys

20. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

Hasbro would never let that happen, but this last movie was very bad. I am not buying any of the product, besides the calendar I already got. The audience they were going for will forget this movie in 10 years. meaning NOT A CLASSIC, sadly it could have been one. They had the money, they had the intro out of the way and still a failure.