Poll: Fansproject Combaticons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jul 11, 2011.

?

What would you do if Fansproject released the three remaining Combaticons?

1. Buy them because I buy just about everything Fansproject makes.

29 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. Buy them because I am eagerly awaiting these bots.

27 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Buy them but I don't really care if they are made.

37 vote(s)
    24.7%
  4. Buy them even though I don't really want these bots to be made.

9 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. Not buy them because I don't like third party stuff.

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. Not buy them because third party stuff is usually too expensive for me.

11 vote(s)
    7.3%
  7. Not buy them because I already have the completed Bruticus and don't want new FP Combaticons.

29 vote(s)
    19.3%
  8. Not buy them because I don't really like the Combaticons.

7 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

We all know Fansproject came out with 2 awesome bots (Swindle aka Munitioner, and Vortex aka Explorer) to add to and improve the Bruticus that Hasbro made years ago. How would you feel if Fansproject went ahead and finished their own Bruticus by creating high quality combiner bots of the three remaining Combaticons: Onslaught, Brawl, and Vortex?

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Again this is the 3rd thread I read from you about these. I prefer they do other combiners.

3. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

if this is #3 i dont remember #2. obviously this one has a poll and a proper title which the other didn't. but by all means, if you like to complain, complain away bro.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    3rd thread I read about these, from you.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i think it would be awesome to have Onslaught, Brawl, and Vortex done by FP in the same quality and G1 looking goodness as Swindle and Blast Off.

The current Bots used to make Bruticus pale in comparison to FP Munitioner and Explorer.

If they wanted they could even rerelease Munitioner and Explorer as well. I think this would be their third release. Im sure more people would buy them up.

There is just no way I'm going to overpay (current value of those old hasbro sets) for those Hasbro pieces that don't even look like the characters they are supposed to be. ill pay a good chunk of change, but I want bots of the same quality as Munitioner and Explorer.

I know Bruticus looks good, but he could be much better, and the bots could be waaaaaay better.

also, i kinda like to play around with my bots and rearrange em and stuff and i know sometimes id like to have the combaticons in robot mode.

lol. if FP won't do it, maybe another third party could step in and make them. that would be ironic, no?

6. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    I picked the 3rd option because it don't really matter to me whether FP does Onslaught, Brawl or Vortex. My Combaticons are staying as Bruticus when on display.

But if FP does do these fellas, then yeah, I'll pick them up.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I voted buy them but I don't want them to be made.

I have a complete FP Bruticus that stays in combined mode. I will never see the individual bots adn Bruticus is perfect for me.

Having these boughts made will probably do nothing for the combined mode and thus I view them as unnecessary.

Save those three spots for figures we need and desire.

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I have a feeling that this is going to get worse than the multiple "Fansproect Bruticus" threads.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Id rather them focus on other things, but I would buy them.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

As cool as it would be to see FP create an Onslaught, Brawl, and Vortex that better matches Munitioner and Explorer, I'd rather see them working on entirely new stuff. I see Bruticus as a done deal and there's no real need to make the other Combaticons. This is the same reason why I wouldn't want to see them make new molds for Energon Superion.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    the poll doesn't provide accurate choices and the data wouldn't really be useful, imo.

But either way, it really seems like a big portion of the active members goes under the "would be cool/would buy them BUT prefer FP working on OTHER things", this option isn't even clearly stated in the poll. It would be nice for that to be added.

FP stuff is always good to buy, but I'd rather them dedicating themselves to other has/tak neglected homages.

12. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd buy a set but FP Bruticus is already awsome enough. Another vote for MOVE ON to other projects, no need to revist this set.

If you are not a fan of the individual bot modes, there are decent non combining combaticons for Vortex, Onslaught and Brawl out there. Just sayin'.

13. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

I rather they move on and update the other combiner teams. Heck, I would even settle immediately for an update of Monstructor/Dinoking, Road Caesar, Raiden, Landcross or Liokaiser over Bruticus...

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

FP has gradually gotten better with combiner teams. First, they make combiner add-ons for Superion. After that, they make new molds to replace Swindle and Blast-off to supplement the new combiner parts. And now, there's word that they're creating combiner teams from the ground up (Menasor?). Why look back?

On the flipside, if FP deems it worthy of their time and resources, they could create new Combaticon molds anyway. That'd be more of an obvious cash grab for them, though.

15. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Pointless, Fansproject got it right first time. I wouldn't say no to new heads for the existing bots, though, especially Onslaught. Other than that,i am more than happy.

16. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    ^yes yes yes!

17. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    No self-selecting poll provides useful data.

I love the Combaticons, but yes, Bruticus is pretty awesome as he is and there are plenty of other projects to devote time and resources too instead.

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The other bots and combined mode are fine to me...I don't see what the big deal is. There are other things I'd rather buy.

19. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    Also put me down for "would definitely buy if they made them, but they're actually unnecessary and FP should move on to other things". Combined Bruticus mode is awesome as he is already. FP hit it out of the park with this entire set as a whole, and there's no real reason to go back to revisit the past. What's done is done.

And Onslaught and Vortex aren't so bad. They're actually pretty decent toys. If the heads bug you so much, there's always the option of getting AutoLancer's (a TFW member here) custom heads and mod the ROTF Combaticons yourself (you'll need the set and a soldering iron though).

The Brawl mold, I admit, is a bit of an eyesore. But a few folks here (I'm planning on it myself) have modded PCC Heavytread as Brawl (and he even looks great in combined mode). That's yet another option right there. I'm doing it simply for fun (speaking as a newbie beginner in kitbashing/customizing/modding) and to see if I can do it as a test of my skill.

Thing is, I believe FP would rather concentrate on newer and better things, like helping MakeToys with their not-Devy "Giant" or their own fully original Mensasor/Stunticon figure set or whatever it is they have planned for us fans next!

20. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

wow. i made this choice for you.

"Buy them even though I don't really want these bots to be made."

sorry 8 options wasn't enough to make you happy.

as for the data the poll collects, it tells me exactly what i wanted to know, but thanks for insulting my poll anyway.

buy ~ 29
    not buy ~ 16

why does someone always have to pull this card in every poll created on these fanboy sites?