Poll: Does your Heavy Labor have the "squeaky" hip problem?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwave3k, Nov 5, 2011.

?

Does your Heavy Labor have the "squeaky" hip problem?

1. Yes

52.8%
  2. No

47.2%
  1. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, there is a lot of talk on the Hercules MegaThread (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/425742-tfc-toys-hercules-megathread.html) regarding the issue with Heavy Labor's forward-backward hip joints stripping off and causing a loud squeaking sound after the gears get stripped. The ratcheting sound also goes away and the leg is looser.

This poll is for people who already have, and have already opened and played around with Heavy Labor. Please vote either yes, I have the issue, or no, I don't. Please don't vote yes if you have the hip alignment issue as that already has an easy fix.

Thanks!

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I didn't know it was an issue. I clicked "no" but now that I messed with it more, it does so I change mine to a "yes".

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    oh my 0.0

now im scared...

4. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will gladly participate in the poll if RK ever ships mine!

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great idea Soundwave3k, though I think the poll could have done without the no. I think there are going to be many people like Solrac333 who will have problems soon after clicking "No." There are many posters in the mega thread who originally said no issue, but are now experiencing issues. It seems as though it is only a matter of time before problems start to arise:( 

I myself am too afraid to open my Heavy Labor to find out if...or should I say when problems will arise.

Hopefully people will be honest here and not skew the poll out of spite for those concerned about QC issues or those who don’t mind fixer-uppers. An honest poll would be nice:) 

6. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    I haven't opened mine yet, but when I do, I'm going to fix him BEFORE he has a problem, because like Transformed said, it's only a matter of time...the design and parts used are identical for them all...

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not yet, but I'm already aware of the issue, and plan to take it easy.

8. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Iz it really a big problem though?

9. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    some are thinking of jumping ship and worried about Hercules so i guess so, however TFC hasn't been given time to respond properly yet and we don't know how widespread the issue is as some appear to be fine, it the issue is abundant then a fix would probably entail new parts with the next figure however if it is a simple replacement piece/cog needed in a different plastic then that could be sent out separately. No-ones yet until TFC have had time to come up with a fix. People reacting in ways that i've seen in posts will only result in TFC being unwilling to do any other combiners after this. They don't want the to be problems with their figures and it's going to cost them money so unless they decide not to fix it i think a lot of reaction to this issue is unwarranted. I know it sucks and i know we want a fix now but we have to work with them, after all they are trying their hardest to make many of ours dream figure a reality.

10. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Well said dk

11. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Agreed! The reason I posted this wasn't to gripe or trash TFC but to get somewhat of an assessment of the scope of the problem. I also posted it as there were a few people starting to say that maybe only a vocal minority had this issue and I wanted to see if that was the case. Clearly it wasn't.

I firmly believe they will fix this, and furthermore I think it may take a bit of time to get the replacement parts as I suspect they will be made of a softer material to compensate for the issue - let's be patient! We will enjoy an awesome Deva... Hercules when all is said and done!

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine is all good so far, I don't mess with my figures I just display them so I don't see this being an issue for me.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a critical problem for HERCULES. But since that's a long way off, TFC's got a lot of time to fix it.

In the meantime, Heavy Labor will remain perfectly playable.

14. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I have two and both figures are fine in every respect. Out of the 2xExgraver and 2xHeavylabor I have the only QC is on two of the purple guns there are some white stress marks as if there was trouble getting them out of the mould.