POLE~! I need some thoughts on Masterpieces

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nightrain, Feb 7, 2009.

?

Which would be wiser?

1. Buy all three to have an impressive looking Decepticon team.

36 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Buy just the seekers. Megatron looks silly w/orange plug and gun mode is useless.

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Buy Megatron and one seeker. Paying that much for a repaint is dumb.

14 vote(s)
    25.9%
  1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm thinking about buying Megatron, Thundercracker and Skywarp. Not Starscream because I don't really care about him and I hate his colors. I'm not paying inflated prices for an American one either.

2. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I voted for getting all of them...hopefully the orange plug can be removed......The seekers hve to have a leader!

3. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

I would actually start by buying just one MP. Then see if you like the concept and then possibly buy others. It's well known that the MPs have very complex transformations and some people may not like that.

I have Megs, Prime, and Skywarp. I'd say out of those three that Skywarp is my favorite; he has a great design, the jet mode is super sleek, and the bot in black is amazing. Megs is great as a robot, but his alt mode takes about 30 mins. I will also add that Megs' orange barrel cap is removeable.

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    ^ I should point out I have 20th anniversary Optimus :) 

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get them all. They look great as a team, especially Megatron. Having the seekers there for him to tower over adds to his badassery.

6. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Personally, MP Megatron is awesome looking, but he doesn't interest me too much for the price.

I'd REALLY like to get my hands on a MP Skywarp or Thundercracker... or even the original MP Starscream. I think I like that gray/teal color better than the cartoon color scheme.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    buy them all, i am only missing magnus and tc right now, megs looks awesome especially with the upgrade kit for gun mode

8. alpharon

alpharon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if you only buy one, you'll eventually start to want them all. That gnawing feeling will end up taking over and you may have a harder time obtaining them if you sleep on it. I've got all of them except for MP-01, but I've got MP-04 and the US releases of the mold to keep me happy until I can find an MP-01 for a reasonable price. I've already got my pre-order up for MP Grimlock to further strengthen my Autobot team.

You'll love Megatron and the Seeker molds. Megs is really very fragile, though, and the Seekers (well, most masterpiece toys) have some quality issues, but these are all overlooked by how badass the line is.

9. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know you can buy the MP Megs without the orange plug.

PM me and I'll give you the store link.

10. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I have all the MP line except TC (will get him next pay) and the first release of SS. Megs was a big letdown for me. He dosn't look right with scrawny arms and legs and also is flimsy. Plus if transform him he will likely break, many people have broken theres. The seekers wings can be broken at the joint, but if your careful not to try and bend the wing past it's limit you should be fine.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Definitely get Megatron, my personal favorite figure of any I have ever purchased.

As for what to do with the seekers, eh I've never cared for the idea of completing them personally, so to me I'd rather just get one of the mold, whichever looks best (and personally I like the look of the G1 SS and Skywarp best).

12. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would get them all as well. I like the Masterpieces though and they may never make transformers better than these guys. The entire set makes a great display with some Alts thrown in as well.

13. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have all of the MP's, besides the scale discrepancies they are truly worthy of the name Masterpiece! I say you might as well get Starscream too! You can find him on the forums for right around what he cost at retail.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just get the Seekers. MP Megatron is a poorly designed, fragile piece of crap that's prone to tarnishing/rusting on the die-cast metal parts. MP Megatron is the only TF figure I have ever bought where I felt completely ripped off; for a figure that costs ~$100, it should not be as flimsy and unstable as it is. MP-05 was bad enough that it put me off getting any future Masterpiece figures. The Seeker mold, on the other hand, is very good and well worth picking up.

As far as the orange tip on MP Megatron though, IIRC, most online retailers made them easily removable (ie - not glued in) so it's not like you're stuck with an orange tip on it forever.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I voted for getting all three. Megatron is slick. It's the best 'true' G1-robot mode version you can find other than the Revoltech figure, and you can land it without the orange cap through a variety of places (I got mine through TFSource). As for the other two, though I haven't done an eBay price check since I found mine, I'd think you could still land a G1 Starscream for about the same price as Skywarp or Thundercracker. If you don't like Starscream's paint job, period (I wasn't sure if you were referring to Takara's blue Starscream or his normal G1 color scheme), I'd vote for Thundercracker if you only wanted one. I've always really loved the deep blue that he usually comes in.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

Over at Seibertron.com they have pics of MP Megatron and his seekers in their toy gallery. I have to tell you it makes for one awesome looking display. If I had the coin, I would complete the line up.

17. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I really dislike MP Megatron but I know I'm in the minority on this so my opinions probably not very helpful here, but I would say Skywarp and Thundercracker for sure as they are very gorgeous and very awesome toys.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I don't like the robot colors on MP Starscream(for the price) and I don't want to pay inflated prices for the Hasbro one. It's a tough call between the other two. I agree about TC, and I'd add that I like that character more too. But...I mean...damn Skywarp looks GOOD! At this point I'm pretty close to believing I should buy both, expensive as they are.

19. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Wrong "Pole."

20. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a lot of people say mp megs is delicate, difficult to transform and at the same time, time consuming. they're pretty much right. that's why i haven't transformed my megs to his alt mode. He's beautiful as a display piece.

I have MP starscream with g1 colors. very nice. my next mp seeker will be skywarp....awesome paint scheme.

Like someone suggested on here...get one of the seekers and see how you like the mold, then get the rest.