Pokemon.....

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Omega Supreme V, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

so I'm going through all the crap I have in the attic, and realize that I have a whole lot of Pokemon stuff...I was really into it back when it first hit the USA back in the day..but now, I could care less.

my question is, are any of the original 100 cards/figures/talking figures worth anything? I'm hoping that they'll be worth something in the future, but you never know, I could be wrong. I mean I have a whole bunch of Card decks/booster packs or whatever they call them, like six or so talking 4" figures, possibly more, and many little figures that came with a little pokeball, and some things like that...

I can't believe that I bought this stuff honestly...but oh well, I was a kid, what can I expect..

2. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

Yeah man, I spent so much money on those stupid cards. I wish I bought some toys instead , honestly. I think the cards are worth little to nothing now, unless it's Charizard. :lol  I'm not sure about the figures though.

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Yep, looking back on how much I spent on the cards upsets me.

4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I sold my card set on eBay a while back for a pretty significant amount. I think you could get something for that stuff if you auctioned it off.

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Ugh, Pokemon cards...

The little Tomy figures that came with the Pokeballs in the two-packs, or the Game Boys in the three-packs, actually have some demand. Heck, I even couldn't part with all of my old ones.

Those talking figures have got to be worth something between diddly and squat.

6. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i used to buy the cards by the box full. every time a new set came out. What a wast. i have an almost comlete set of promo cards up untill a certian date. i think up till the 3rd movie. i know they y=have to be worth someting, but otherwise, all i have is jigglypuff stuff. LOL

7. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Wow, I had a whole book of Pokemon cards when I was younger. I had no idea how to play the game, though. Nobody I knew did. We were too busy playing with Beyblade tops.

8. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

Actually, the official cards and the game have changed, original cards are tourney-illegal, and pretty much useless. You would probably only make profit off a collector. Which I imagine there are quite a few of.

The toys however, i know some people would pay quite handsomely for.

9. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I have the original charizard card. Wonder how much that will go for.

I also have an old charzard figure with 2 launching flames.

I got back into pokemon card collecting last year with D/P, but my interest has once again faded. But I still take out my deck every once in awhile and battle my brother, whom I ussually lose to.

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Well if it is the first edition Base set Charizard that would fetch you a significat sum. But that is extremely rare ( it has a small black 1 on the right side by the image. )

so many years selling pokemon cards for a guy woking in his store, i am damadgd beyond repair.

Fun Fact: There is some really really rare Pikachu card that exsist in bronz ( 3 diffrent) they are like valued to 20K Well atleast that was what Pokemon Beckett valued them about 8 years ago,

11. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

• Pokemon Card Games Blue-2 Person Starter Kit , Yellow-Zap, Green-Power Reserve

those are the decks that I still have the box for, I have some more, but I haven't bothered to look at it mainly because I know that it's pokemon in there and don't really care which is which - doesn't have a purpose in my inventory

and the little talking ones freaked me out last night, I was sleeping and I guess I moved my foot or something and they were on...all I heard was a whole bunch of sounds and saw some movements...took me a whole minute just to realize what it was ;-/