Pokemon Trainers

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Scrapper6, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

It is a time consuming process to level up every single one of your little monster friends; how do you speed up the process? Well specifically in the Sapphire or Ruby version; unlike the LeafGreen/FireRed versions you can't use the Vs. Seeker, which makes leveling up rather time consuming.

Is it my imagination or are there a lot of Water specific types in the Ruby/Sapphire version too? I mean I've got more Water types then any of the others combined so far.

So anyway; anyone care to discuss Pokemon? Anyone have any legitimate E-Cards from those Pokemon Events they'd sell or something? Yeah... Who's still working on their Hoenn 'Dex at the moment by the way? And who the slag was the idiot programmer who came up with that Feebas search? Man talk about frustrating to the extreme. Well that's it from me for now; looking forward to Diamond/Pearl and the chance to transfer GBA Pokemon to and from the DS cartridge at least since currently I don't have two GBA systems to trade Pokemon and fill up the Pokedexes; still gotta get FireRed, Ruby and Emerald for personal trading purposes, not to mention Colliseum and XD Gale of Darkness. First priorities for the new year I guess; does anybody else go out of their way to try and get or at least plan to get all the various titles?

2. Scrapper6

Guess no one's interested in disgussing a four year old game; not that it's 2007, either that or there aren't any Pokemon players here. Oh well; so far I'm at 115 in the Hoenn 'Dex and I've managed to get several Pokemon to level 40 at least, but I'd prefer them to be at Level 50 prior to taking on the Elite Four.

3. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

*See username*

Right now I'm playing Emerald, trying to get my team up to level 60 for the Battle Frontier. I only play a little bit each day, but I should get there by the time Diamond and Pearl comes out in April.

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    (How did I miss a thread that's three days old when I'm here everyday?)

I still love the Pokemon games, especially since they've become much more challenging than the days of Red and Blue.

I'm still working on completing my Pokedexes for both Ruby and Leaf Green, but I just recently finished purifying my Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum.

My method for leveling up and evolving is a little... "shady", if you will. Sometimes, I give a really low-level Pokemon I'm trying to level up the Exp Share, then take a much more powerful Pokemon to fight wild creatures of an equal level. BAM! Massive Exp gain. Sometimes I just use my Action Replay to buy Rare Candies. :ev: 

And yes, I've made plans to get Sapphire and Fire Red (and maybe Emerald) in addition to the two games I've been working on for a few years. I just can't afford them right now.

By the way, from what I've read about Diamond and Pearl you can't trade to AND from the GBA games. You can only transfer data from the GBA games to the DS games. I know, it's disappointing, especially since Diamond and Pearl are really only missing the starters and non-breedable legendaries.

As for your inability to trade, if you have a GameCube already, I suggest you get a Game Boy Player. It has a link cable port.

5. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

the only pokemon game i played this gen was leafgreen so i wouldn't be much help :( 

6. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I picked up Leaf Green back in October to get me ready for Diamond/Pearl. So once I beat that I started transfering all my Pokemon from Ruby into LG (inculding all my Feebas/Milotic, yes it can be a pain but once you know how it's just a matter of time, think I found one in about an hour or so once I knew exactly what to do. Plus once you get a male and a female you can just breed the bugger). I also had gotten a Mew back in Sept I think, from the TRU giveaway.

Then I finished up purifying the last of the Pokemon I had in Colosseum and traded all those guys into LG to breed the rest of the Gold/Silver guys you can't get in Ruby/Saphire, FR/LG. Then I went through the 100 trainer battle in Colosseum (I did the double battles) to get Ho-oh. I was surprised how easy the 100 was to beat. I never lost a match, and I most I only lost 2 Pokemon during a battle. I had something like 80 some continues I never used.

So now that Ruby is as done as it can be, and Leaf Green, and Colosseum, I just have to finish trading all my guys into LG (since that's the one I plan on using with Diamond). I may still have some breeding to do to fill out my Pokedex, but with the exception of Kyogre, Lugia, Deoxys, and Celebi I either already have the other Pokemon in one of my other games or I can get it in Diamond/Pearl.

I'm not getting any other versions (like Gale of Darkness, or Fire Red) since there's really no reason for me to play through all that to get one or two guys I won't use. I mean after all you can only have 6 on a team, and right now I have enough for a few high level teams (inculding several guys at L.100, no Action Replay used :p  I know, way too much time on my hands right).

As far as any Special Event things, well Mew was traded to me from TRU, Jirachi from that special disc that came with the Colosseum reserve. I know I have an Eon tickect (to get Latias in Ruby) but sorry, not for sale. Those are the only ones I've used/gotten.

Also Primevil is correct, trading to D/P from any GBA game is one way only.

Hope some of this info helps....

7. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a recovering Pokemon Addict.. had all the games since Red/Blue way back in the day... I don't know why I'm sticking my head in this discussion topic as I'm trying to get rid of my Pokemon games. lol

One thing that always bothered me about the hardcore pokemaniacs was the "I got #### shineys!" That I was constantly seeing in threads. Drove me bat Crap Crazy since I never saw one in any of the games (I never got to the Red Gyarados in GSC since I always reset it). I finally found one in my Elerald and i can see why they are addictive. :) 

8. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not so much a Pokemon game addict.

But I'm definitely into the anime. Right now YTV's showing Advanced Battle w/Ash going through the Battle Frontier and May earning her Kanto Ribbons.

I've been watching the show since IIRC High School when Pokemon first premiered on YTV

While I've been tempted, I don't own a GB/GBA so I have no reason to buy the games. Although I'm debating downloading a GB/GBA emulator to try out one of the later Pokemon games

*Gives Lupis Convoy a dose of Poke-hol* :lol 

9. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Hey get that away from me!

The First Step is admitting you have a problem. When I realized I used to dump half of my paycheck on cards wayyyy back when I was a gym leader for the CCG Tourneys... you know you have an issue.

*Goes to list his gameboy games*

10. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Ive started playing Emerald, which is the first game ive played regularly since R/B/Y. Kinda weird how much a game can change after all these years, my precious psychic types arent so elite anymore, all these new moves I dont know just yet, genders, day/night, and of course all the new Pokemon I wont have since many of them require trading to acquire/evolve.

11. Scrapper6

Yeah I got the Eon ticket too; thank you Nintendo Power, I might never get some of the Pokemon I want for the sake of having a complete National 'Dex.
    Wish I'd thought to get Colisseum with the special disk back when it first came out; ah well... Personally I think the thing of it is I can't get enough Pokemon so getting all the different versions of a game is kind of like being a completist TF collector in certain respects. I know the game's basically the same, but I can't resist the call to achieve total Pokemon videogame dominance; if I still cared about the N64 era I'd probably have kept my system to get the two Stadium games and maybe even Snap just because.

Feebas is crazy; I started search a few days ago, once I found the right spot it too me two tries to get one male and one female, now I don't have a problem. Currently I'm going for all Pokemon or at least most Pokemon in my Sapphire cartridge to Level 40 and it's working out slowly, but surely; most of the earliest Pokemon I didn't bother training I leave at the Daycare until they're in their thirties and then level them up myself. Seriously though it's going to take me another month at this rate; once I start it's hard to stop at least when I go back to LeafGreen for leveling up I'll have the handy dandy Vs. Seeker and twice the Day Care opportunities.

Just got finished catching the three Regi's; Regirock and Regice didn't take too many Ultra Balls or re-starts, Registeel was a pain though taking almost all the rest of my Ultra Balls just to snag'im. Since the Master Ball is for Latias I can just imagine how tough Rayquaza will be.

Say; does anybody use TMs religiously? Or are they like me? I get one of each TM and never really seem to use them I tend to simply rely on level up moves or natural learned moves; for instance in order to unlock the sealed cavern instead of using TM 28 Dig I just leveled up my Trapinch to 41 and let him learn Dig naturally; once he evolves Vibrava and Flygon will know Dig too I'd imagine.

As far as Shiny Pokemon go... Aside from the Red Gyarados in Silver I've only ever run into two Shiny Pokemon otherwise; a Yellow Magikarp and a Green Tipped Wingull; I don't really care one way or the other about Shiny Pokemon... I mean they may look impressive, but other then that they're still the same as an ordinary Pokemon... My old Silver save file had a shiny Noctowl I think before I reset mainly because I was fed up with the character name I'd chosen when I first started the game.

Anybody lost the batteries in their cartridges yet? I'd imagine that eventually they'd die out, but I'd would hope they'd last longer then the Five Years I noticed while perusing the Gamfaqs boards.

Heh; I've got like Twenty Rare Candies and haven't used any yet, Linoone's Pick Up is a God Send... Action Replay? What is this thing and why use it? I mean doesn't it screw up the inner game program?

Anyway... Great to see discussion; when I want to discuss something sometimes this place is the best place to go to. 4Kids should do box sets for the Anime if you ask me, but it propably would be a pain to get them, I mean I haven't been able to follow the thing since back in the third or fourth Johto Quest days so I've missed out on a lot although occasionaly I'll catch the new Advanced stuff... I miss hearing those theme songs for some reason.

12. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I play the games with a low level of regularity. I can't wait for Diamond and Pearl; all the new stuff looks great and trading over the DS Wi-FI should be tons easier than the old ways.

I followed the anime to a regular degree, and it really sucks that they've changed the voices. It must hold some kind of record for long-running show by now...

13. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Alright, I just dug out Ruby and Leaf Green to check my Pokedex. In Ruby I have 140 in the Hoenn Dex and 174 in the National Dex. In Leaf Green, I have 104 in the Kanto Dex and 156 in the National Dex.

Grr... Shiny Pokemon. GS's Red Gyarados is the only one I've ever owned. Of course, all those times I've encountered and run from Oddish and Zubat, I have this bad feeling that ONE of them had to have been a Shiny. Oh well.

And breeding is a godsend. When I searched for Feebas, I lucked out and caught a female (before I got Ditto through Leaf Green). Then I just had it breed and I hatched two more (one of which I evolved). I'll just keep breeding so I never have to search for Feebas again (especially since the location of Feebas changes all the time). Meanwhile over in Leaf Green I have five Eevees. I'm sure you can guess what I'll be doing with them.

Action Replay is a cheat device like the Game Genie and Gameshark. I use it for all the things that the game won't let me do on my own, like getting more Rare Candies, Master Balls, and the Legendary Pokemon that you need items from Nintendo Events for (and I can never get to those). I've had it for two years, and I haven't noticed any problems with the game. Then again, I've been using codes that have been confirmed to work (the codes for Ruby were already programmed into it).

14. Frozen_Primal

Frozen_Primal ???????????????????????

Because of the time stuff isn't in FR/LG, you'll have to trade to Ru/Sa/Em to get Umbreon and Espeon. Don't know if you knew that.

Presently, I'm hatching Eevees in Sapphire, trying to get a shiny. 240 or so eggs later, still didn't found one :)  Should concentrate on finishing the National Dex 1st tho, I'm at ~ 305.

15. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't played Pokemon since I beat the Blue version.

Is it still any good?

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've only got one Pokemon game, Ruby, and funnily enough I picked it up again a few weeks ago, and am playing it from where I left off.

Once you finish the game do you get to go around the world still?

17. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

I have 6 games, Pokemon Red, Leafgreen, 2x Sapphire (best game ever), Ruby (worst game ever), Emerald

Here's my Leaf green team:

Level 57 Venusaur. Moves: Razor Leaf, Solarbeam, Cut, and Giga Drain.
    Level 32 Muk. Moves: Sludge, Disable, Minimize, Screech
    Level 14 Farfetch'd. Moves: Peck, Steel Wing, Fly, Substitute.
    Level 9 Kabuto. Moves: Secret Power, Dig, Double Team, Rock Tomb.
    Level 23 Magikarp (cool name, bad pokemon.) Moves: Splash, Tackle.

That's my team. pretty cool huh.

18. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

yes

19. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I too am looking forward to Pearl and Diamond. The chance to battle and trade over Nintendo's Wifi network is probably the most redeeming factor. I bet there'll be a ton of Feebas up for trade online once it comes out, so I've all but given up on the search (+10 hours now, damn "cool phrase" or w/e keeps resetting the tiles). I'm not looking forward to how they set up the transfer between R/S/E/LG/FR to P/D though. You can only upload six pokemon at a time, then they go to this little room where you have to battle and CATCH them (how am I gonna catch my level 80s!?). Then, once they're on Pearl or Diamond you can't send them back to the advanced games.
    DN

20. Scrapper6

What's wrong with Ruby as opposed to Sapphire? I mean they're basically the same game, so why do you think Ruby is the worst yet adore Sapphire enough to buy two? Just curious is all I ain't tryin' ta be a jerk.

No matter how high he get's Magikarp will never One-Hit KO a Pokemon and when fighting him he's the worse experience giving Pokemon of the lot I think.

Your team seems a little lopsided incidentally; rather poor for taking on Trainers with high level Pokemon with Kabuto or Farfetch'd... Me personally I'd keep a well rounded team at least; makes things easier when you find a tough trainer and need to sacrifice somebody who can move fast, get a couple high-level hits in and then bring out a type matcher if you're lucky enough to have on in your party that is.

Dinobot Nuva that trade style between GBA and DS titles seems rather stupid; are you sure that's how it's being done in Japan right now with their copies?

Well; guess it's time to get back to leveling up my current team until they hit 40, only a few more levels and Golduck, Kecleon, Manectric, Breloom, Pelliper and Blaziken will be at 40 and I can swap out for a new team. It's time consuming, but once I have enough I can make it through the rest of VIctory Road and focus on leveling up by wailing on the Elite Four as often as I want.