Pokemon Trainers: Darkrai Giveaway at TRU

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Primevil, May 19, 2008.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    For those of you who may not have heard about it already (the announcement was a month ago), Toys R Us will be giving away Darkrai on May 31 and June 1 from Noon to 4 pm. And I'm very glad that it's happening on Sunday as well because I have my graduation ceremony on the 31st.

http://www9.toysrus.com/our/tru/prom/2008FreePkmnDwnld/index.cfm

Unfortunately, it looks like they're just giving you the Darkrai instead of the Member Card item that allows you to encounter Darkrai in-game. Which means anybody without a cheat device will still have a Darkrai in their game that they can't get to. Well, hey, we are at least still getting one, but not letting us get one as the game intended kinda bugs me (then again, the same happened in Japan but that was due to people exploiting a glitch).

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Curse my being in the UK! I want Darkrai (okay so I already have one but still...)

Does this mean that he'll start being permitted on GTS now? Or has he already since he's been around in Japan for a while? (I'm not sure, I havent had wifi for almost a year since being at uni)

3. gil

gil Godmaster

how exactly does that work. Do you have to talk to someone at TRU? I rather sneak in and out if I can.

4. Primevil

Ebay:
    Depends on your store. When they had the Manaphy event last fall, some people mentioned that their TRU had a DS Download Station set up. The backwards store here in Savannah, with nothing remotely resembling an R Zone, had an employee with a DS running it.

5. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

And surprise, Canada gets left out.

6. gil

gil Godmaster

I hope my TRU has a Download Station. I don't want to be that 29 year old dude with a DS asking a 16 year old TRU employee for the free Pokemon. Worst yet, I'll be that 29 year old with two DS's, one with Pearl and the other with Diamond asking for two Darkrais.

7. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Do what i did for Manaphy give away....I took my little boy and made him ask for it and "helped" him get the pokemon.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

YOU ARE THE POKEMANS!

Wait, wrong game.

9. ArmadaJetfire

My Pokemons, let me show you them.

10. Primevil

Ebay:
    Bumped for newly revealed information.

http://pokebeach.com/

Darkrai is Level 50 in a Cherish Ball, holding an Enigma Berry with the following moveset.

-Roar of Time
    -Spacial Rend
    -Nightmare
    -Hypnosis

In other words, it's the same Darkrai that Japan got when the 10th movie came out.

Obviously, I'm still going to get it, but this bothers me for two reasons. As I mentioned when I posted the thread, this means there's still the in-game Darkrai on Newmoon Island that we can't catch because Nintendo isn't giving out the Member Card required to get there. The other thing, which is more a nitpicky problem for me, is having Roar of Time and Spacial Rend limits what I can do with Darkrai's moveset. Part of me wants to use whatever moves I want for Darkrai, but the other part doesn't want to get rid of those moves because I wouldn't be able to relearn them.

*shrugs* Eh, with finals going on, I've got more important things to worry about right now.

11. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Not sure how I missed this info, thanks for the heads up. Been looking forward to snagging a Darkrai.

Hopefully the TRU near me will handle this one like they did the Manaphy give-a-way. All you had to do was be near the R-Zone and you could download it wirelessly. Simple and quick (no lines either).

12. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still need to beat my copy of Diamond. I hope this isn't gonna muck up my chances...

13. Primevil

Ebay:
    Shoot, one little tidbit I forgot to mention. You only need the Pokedex, not the National Dex, and Mystery Gift to obtain Darkrai.

14. ArmadaJetfire

Dont you get the dex at that start of the game? Well after you get your starter and stuff. And I dont remember having to turn on the Mystery Gift to Manaphy......

15. Primevil

Ebay:
    Yeah, but there is that period of time, no matter how brief, where you don't have the Pokedex, and I imagine that the game is coded to prevent you from obtaining more Pokemon.

In fact, I've heard that in Red and Blue, there was a glitch where if you evolved your starter before getting the Pokedex, the game would not give it to you. Apparently, by having evolved your starter, the game would register two species obtained, and therefore assumes you already have the Pokedex.

16. ArmadaJetfire

I figured it was that simple but just wanted to double check. And even thou i got the manaphy giveaway, I still have to turn on the mystery gift thing?