Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes (being announced May 10th)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Omega Supreme-1, May 2, 2009.

1. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gameboy color after red, blue, yellow

2. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Ah I see. I used to have Yellow, but never played another one until Ruby on the GBA. Funny that I don't remember Gold and Silver at all.

3. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

YES. Day 1!

4. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally! Silver has always been my favorite Pokemon game (Pear being 2nd and Yellow 3rd), and it's nice to see it getting the remake it deserves. I would still be playing it today, if it wasn't for the stupid save battery. I can't wait to play the bug catching game (my favorite part of any Pokemon game) again!

5. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

i cant wait for the silver remake! i lost my silver i while back and haven't found it since.silver was the first pokemon game i enjoyed, then i bought emerald (mudkip used his mighty hypnotic powers to make me buy it.) so the silver remake should the most enjoyable game ive played in awhile. as someone has said before me, pokemon is the second thing im most attached to besides transformers.

6. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Finally, I can't wait to get these.

7. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    If the announcement isn't about the remakes, there's going to be alot of disappointed faces here.

8. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This is good news because the battery on my Silver is dead. I'm gonna try to replicate my original Silver team.

9. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I hope it is true, and stays close to the original as in having the new region they introduced in GS and the original so you could get most of the first 250.

That and a P/D/P battle system....instant buy.

10. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

if this is true, i'm skipping platinum. i was planning on getting it, but i'd prefer something totally different. funny thing is, i dug out my old gold cart the other day and threw a new battery into it to start playing again. hahahhahaha.

11. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

It'd be nice to see them give us Johto, Kanto and the Sevii islands from the remakes of FireRed and LeafGreen. It would be even cooler if they restored the Safari Zone for this remake. I still have trouble with them cutting it from the originals. I mean why would such a lucrative venture as the Safari Zone be gone in only five years? Especially with all the rare Pokemon still out there.

I would also love to see them expand the Kanto region, I mean half the gyms in that region only had the leader to face and they never showed the badges on your trainer card meaning you couldn't marvel at all sixteen gym badges.

As far as Johto goes I think it'd be nice to see the area expanded just a little bit, maybe add another Pokemon Battle Trainer Tower or something? I wouldn't mind seeing a feature from Emerald, after you defeat Red/Green from the original era games it would be neat to see the Safari Zone expand like in Emerald and Professor Birtch or was it Elm? Anyway have him show up and give you one of the three starters from FireRed LeafGreen, either that or one of the other two starters you didn't pick at the beginning of the game.
    Berries will be better with the improvements they've made on it, they should actually do something with the Apricorns too because I hardly ever went back to Kurt to get him to make them into balls. Anyway I'm half asleep so I'll leave you now and perhaps tomorrow I'll have even more ideas for the remakes.

after you get Ho-Oh and Lugia in Johto you should be able to get Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno in Kanto similar to the three Legendary Cats/Gerbils/Dogs. (Whatever you want to call them.)

12. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I loved me some Crystal but if I get one of these it'll probably be Silver. I'd like something like D/P(hehe) where they had some tools on the bottom screen

13. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

They already did that in Platinum, which is supposed to take place about the same time as Gen II.

14. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Sounds good to me. I have forgotten a lot about GS but I would like them to expand both regains a little. Kanto needs to be at least the size of the original. Kanto's Safari Zone need reopening. Cinnabar Island is fine with me but Seafoam Island needs to be brought back to it's original form. Also they should just use the anime names Ash for Red and Gary for Blue. Who names their kid's Red and Blue anyway? Lorelei and Agatha of the original Elite Four need some role in the group or maybe have two Elite Fours and just add a few new ones or something. Giovanni should also return in some role and Team Rocket should play a lot bigger role too. Maybe even add Jessie and James from the anime. Maybe the most important thing is for Nintendo to finally let us have a chance to download or catch Celebi.

15. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Generation II still is my favorite. It'd be awesome to have Gold/Silver remakes for the DS. Hopefully they'll add more to it as well, kinda like they did for FR/LG.

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

O.O
    i.
    dont.
    believe it.

a possible gold and silver remake!? stimpy: OH RAP-TURE! :D 

i love gold and silver. ho-oh and lugia for the win!

17. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    PokBeach.com, with HeartGold and SoulSilver, Rising Rivals, Platinum, & 'The Advent of Arceus' info; your ultimate Pokmon TCG and Pokmon news site!
    What a surprise! Gold and Silver remakes! No one predicted this! Who wants to bet Ruby and Sapphire remakes are coming in several years?

The Japanese Yahoo website has officially confirmed the existence of Gold and Silver remakes. The games are to be titled HeartGold and SoulSilver and will be released this fall in Japan. According to Bangiras, the Yahoo article states that the games are remakes in the same vein as FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes of Red and Blue. The only other fact the article states is that the games will contain new features as well as sound and graphic improvements. The translation of the article and the game logos can be seen below.

Following Yahoo's announcement, the official Japanese website posted a page announcing the game. You can read the translation of their page below the Yahoo article translation.

News on the games is bound to appear on Pokemon Sunday this weekend, as posted previously. Heerosferret is going to try to record the announcement for us when it airs, and when she does it will be posted here immediately. Details on the games are also bound to appear in the next issue of CoroCoro as well, which will probably be leaked on to the internet by next week. Be sure to check back here for the latest news and translations!

We learned on the 7th that "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver," the second entry in the popular RPG series, originally released on the Gameboy system in November of 1999, will be remade for the Nintendo DS this autumn under the titles "HeartGold" and "SoulSilver." New elements will be added in this tenth anniversary return to the Johto Region.

A continuation of the original series (Pocket Monsters Red, Green, Blue, and Pikachu), Gold and Silver recorded remarkable sales of 23,000,000 copies worldwide. It introduced monsters that hadn't appeared in the gameboy games, along with various new features.

Red and Green, the first games of the Pokemon series, were remade for the Gameboy Advance in 2004 as "Fire Red and Leaf Green," making this the second set of remakes. While Red and Green had fantastic upgrades in their transition from Gameboy to Gameboy Advance, this time the games are skipping the Gameboy Advance and going directly from Gameboy to DS. So they will almost certainly have drastically upgraded graphics and sound. Details will be released on the official site shortly.

Currently in development for the Nintendo DS are the newest entries in the Pokemon series: "Pocket Monsters HeartGold and SoulSilver." Taking place in the Johto region, the games will be upgraded with all of the series' current features and will also be paced with brand new features. This year marks the tenth anniversary of "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver's" release on the original Gameboy, so its revival is only fitting. Since its release in 1999, the game has sold over 23,000,000 copies worldwide.

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I LOVED Pokemon Gold and Silver. It was (and still is) my favorite out of the Pokemon series. Looks like I'll finally have Totodile on my team again after all these years!

19. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I was only half-joking about Dunsparce. Besides being so bizarre in appearance and based on an obscure Japanese cryptid, he was a rare swarm Pokemon so finding him early was always a private challenge for me, and he was hilarious to use. And in the fourth generation, just thinking about him makes other Pokemon flinch. Such is the majesty of Serene Grace.

20. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

No huge surprise there with the new G/S. Kinda prefer the rumored names to the actual ones (Gold Sun/Silver Moon).

Still this is cool news. I liked G/S ,but it wasn't my favorite in the series, so I'm not sure if I have the will to play through it yet again. Guess it'll depend on what new things they bring to this addition (skipped Platinum so maybe when this is out I'll feel the Poke-urge, or just wait til Gen 5).