Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes (being announced May 10th)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Omega Supreme-1, May 2, 2009.

1. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PokBeach.com, with Rising Rivals, Platinum, & 'The Advent of Arceus' info; your ultimate Pokmon TCG and Pokmon news site!
    [​IMG]
    "As reported a few hours ago, Pokemon Sunday's website says that on next Sunday's episode, there will be a major, world-first announcement. This announcement is going to take place during the show's "Pokemon Game Arena" portion, meaning it is related to the Pokemon video games. Obviously, the announcement is pertaining to a new game, since there is nothing "major" left to reveal about Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

At the end of the Pokemon Sunday episode that aired today (it's Sunday in Japan), next week's episode preview showed the cast pointing to two decorations hanging from the ceiling. What were the decorations shown? Gold and silver party balls, which subsequently broke open to release confetti. Obviously, the announcement next week is going to be very special!

Putting together all of the hints we've received over the past year or so, this upcoming Pokemon Sunday announcement, and the gold and silver party balls, it's fairly obvious that a Gold and Silver remake announcement is coming next weekend on the show. November of this year marks the 10th anniversary of Gold and Silver, so it's exciting to see such old games remade!"

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Yay! Now if only they'd do the same for Crystal. And reveal what's inside the GS ball.

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Hah! It was supposed to be Celebi, supposed to be this big story arc for the season... they nixed it though and set the plot hole aside for people to forget about. I doubt we'll see Crystal, same as the last generation didn't get Yellow the remake editions seem to be just for the original pair.

I'm loving this remake trend, wanted these two modernized badly... but I'm curious if they'll expand it at all, I always felt like Johto was cramped because it had to fit Kanto into the game as well, and that region was really cramped down. (Burned down Viridian Forest, gave the Pompeii treatment to Cinnabar Island, bastards....)

4. Ian7

Ian7 LOOK AT MY SIG AND CLICK

Sold.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    oh yes must get silver remake, and flamer the lv 100 typhlosion (who will kick your ass faster then you can say oh sh*t) will streatch his arms once more lol

6. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sweet. Gen II was always my favorite, and Silver was my first Pokemon game.

7. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone know if the remakes have the newer pokemon in it? I would love to have a silver without all of the new pokemon. Just back into pokemon with Platinum so I know almost nothing about leaf or fire.

8. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    These only going to be on the DS right?

I would have loved for them to be on the GBA as well, just to go with FireRed and LeafGreen.

Plus then Nintendo can have the final bragging rights as them being the latest GBA games. Samurai Deeper Kyo has them now from their 2008 GBA game. http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/samuraideeperkyo/index.html

C'mon Nintendo! One last Hurrah!

9. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

I hear you. It always felt that Kanto was only halfway done. Hopefully there will be much more to do in Kanto this time around. Maybe some legendaries there, for starters, as well as a larger Team Rocket story.

But even if none of that happens, it's F'in Gold and Silver remakes! :bay 

10. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Very true. Cant wait to see the new stuff they include, it's already two regions in one plus the areas added to up the gameplay from the originals.

I'm glad the games are good cause I've big farewell to all my cards. Sold most last week, an auction just sold off my original Base Set, my collection has gone from 2800+ to about 12, all Scyther cards and an Ancient Mew.

11. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

I honestly don't even care if the games come to the US for 2 year (bit of a lie).

I just want official confirmation, already. Besides, I just got Platinum a month ago.

Pokemon's the only thing I'm more attached to than Transformers (it came first). I saw the first season when I was 5 and got Red on my 6th birthday.

Silver's tied with FireRed and Platinum for my favorite Pokemon game, which is why I'm so excited.

12. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

The second-gen series gave us the one true Pokemon god, Dunsparce (everyone knows Arceus is just a pretender), so for that reason alone I'm excited.

But seriously, Silver wasn't the first Pokemon game I played, but it was the first video game of ANY kind that I ever purchased for myself, and it was also the first Pokemon game I completed. Lots and lots of fond memories, and even now I'm tempted to pull it out again. A Gold/Silver remake would be wonderful.

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Hey, maybe this time Johto won't be so bland and Kanto won't seem so half assed :D 

Most of my positives for Gen 2 come from nostalgia. I imported Gold, got Silver for Christmas a good time thereafter, got Crystal the day it came out. It was a solid generation, and it introduced a lot of great features (sadly scrapped in the third gen, and some brought back for the fourth), but by trying to squeeze two regions onto a single cart...they both suffered.

14. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I can't wait for the 10th of May

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Someone start playing the Ode To Joy. Right now.

This is some seriously great news. I can't wait for these games!

16. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

I seriously can't tell whether you're being sarcastic, or serious, and need an explanation of why Dunsparce is so good?

17. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    This is the greatest news in the last ten years

18. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    About damn time. Silver is fucking bought

19. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Feraligatr would like a word with him.

20. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Gold and Silver...for some reason I can't place them. Were they on the Gameboy after Red, Blue, and Yellow? Or on the GBA?