Pokemon Fans I have a question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Scrapper6, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I was thinking the other day, well earlier this week at any rate. Would it be possible to play through the entire game just with the Pokemon you get in events? No catching Wild Pokemon, no trading from other games that sort of thing.

I mean at least in FireRed & LeafGreen you get about four event Pokemon, Lapras, Eevee, your Starter and Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee. So would it be possible or challenging enough for a player to go through the entire game with only those four Pokemon? You won't get Eevee until you hit Celadon or Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee & Lapras until you get to Saffron so it might be tricky with just your starter for a while once he/she passesses level thirty, but I was just thinking it could be an interesting challenge.

What do all of you think?

And would it be possible to do the same in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Diamond/Pearl or any other Pokemon titles? By the way are the next two DS titles really going to be remakes of Gold/Silver/Crystal?

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

It's highly possible, just takes more time because you'll be going to the Pokecenter a lot more frequently. There's no benefit from doing so though.

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I think it would be possible in FR/LG, the other games I can't remember the amount of in-game events for so I'm not sure.

As for GS remakes? Platinum comes next, and as much as I'd love to see GS remakes but I have doubts about it happening. The FR/LG remakes were essential to the advance generation of games due to the lack of non Hoenn pokemon, the same can't be said for DP.

But if they were made I'd buy them. GS are my fave versions by far.