Pokemon Emerald problem.....

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cloud Strife, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

about a week and a half ago i bought a copy of Pokemon emerald off of ebay, the seller said the game was in perfect working condition. when i finally get it (after realizing my ebay was still set to go to my parrents house) i play and about a day later i turn it on and it says, the game was corrupted and has been erased. i thought ok, maybee i'm just too used to how diamond is saved and i started over. later that day it does the same thing. i start over. and again today it says the same thing, game corrupted and erased. i did notice that it seems to happen when i go to pokemon diamond instead of GBA game, but then i've not tried to play w/out having the DS cart in. were there any problems with saving in this game? or did i just get a bad game off ebay? and if i did get a bad cart, should i report it to ebay? or just suck it up and buy a new cart off the shielf?

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Two things could have happened.

1. The battery in the game is dead and will not keep save data or it is a bootleg/was used with a action replay device.

2. The game is damaged and needs to be replaced.

In the event of #1 or #2 you should file a claim asap or you will lose out on the refund.

If the battery is dead it costs more to fix than its worth.

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Just out of curiosity, the cartridge isn't black/gray, is it? I've seen a lot of discussion on GameFAQs about GBA Pokemon games not saving, and most of the time, they've bought it on eBay and it turns out it's a bootleg copy, which are a black/standard gray GBA cartridge instead of clear green. I've seen one for sale used at a Gamestop before.

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    This.

Google 'GBA bootleg' or something to that effect. There are lots guides that helps ID these cartridges if it isn't blatantly obvious as described above.

Do you have a link to the auction?

5. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i sent a message to the seller requesting a refund, should hear something in the next couple days. thanks for the help

fortunetly i did see some auctions that had a pic of a black/grey cart, and i thought that looked fishy since every one i had seen was clear green. so yes it IS a clear green cart, here is a link to the auction, link

Edit: after googleing "GBA bootleg" i have learned alot, and i am almost 100% posative that i have a bootlet in the normal clear green cart

here's a pic of authentic hardware[​IMG]
    and now for the counterfit
    [​IMG]
    if i look at the game through the clear green cart, i see the outline on the right side of a battey with a yellow rubberish ring around it, and i haven't seen anything on it yet, but on the back of the circuit board (can see through the clear grren cart) it looks like i can see a number STAMPED on the back which i thought was a bit odd when i first noticed it yesterday. i was going to take some pic's of my cart but my camera isn't working at the moment and i haven't set up my online account w/my phone so if i send pic's to my online account, i can't access them right yet...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008