Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gnaw, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:

Just different availability, like previous versions.

2. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    My training on Ruby is going a lot better than I thought. Last night sometime before midnight my Wailord caught Pokérs and spread it to the rest of my team. I put one, Regice, in the PC to keep the virus. When I turned it on a few minutes ago my team no longer had it so I put Regice and Relicanth in my team to respread it and have Relicanth catch it and put him back in the PC.

The one thing I find strange is that I thought a Pokémon could not recatch the Pokérs. I guess that the Pokémon has to loose it before you save and quite or it doesn't count. Does anyone know for sure how that works because I'm a little confused as to how my Pokémon are recatching the virus if they can only have it once?

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So there's no differences at all other than the name?

I don't get it.

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I picked up Pokemon Ranger yesterday. So far it's pretty good. I'd recommend it for anyone who wants a Pokemon fix before Diamond and Pearl come out, and especially for anyone who wants to get Manaphy.

And I'll be getting Fire Red today at Best Buy so I can finally get the rest of the Pokemon exclusive to that version.

What Paladin meant was that the availability of certain Pokemon within the game is the difference between the two versions. Diamond and Pearl each have a total of 20 unique Pokemon that cannot be found in the other game and you must trade with someone who has the other version to get them.

5. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Diamond & Pearl exclusives

Maybe the link above will help a little. This link shows the Pokémon that are only available in either the Diamond version or the Pearl version. To get them you must trade with the version you do not have. Other than that the games are basically the same. You only need one to play but if you want them all you will need to trade with someone who has the version you don't have. Also there is one Pokémon on each version that is exclusive and only one is available in that version so you will have to find someone willing to give up the only one they have or find someone who has restarted the game and traded the old ones off who has multiples of that version, maybe someone can word this better since I know it is a little confusing. Also you will need to trade with someone with multiples from the Ruby, Sapphire, Leaf Green, Fire Red, Emerald, DX: Gale of Darkness, and Colosseum games for the GBA and Gamecube.

Basically all you need is one and someone here to trade with to get what you need. Right now IGN's DS site has a few articles about the new DS games so you may want to take a look at those also.

6. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Hmmm think i'm going to be getting Diamond

7. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

picking it up with the headset.

I support that idea where we can exchange pokemon online.....because I got nmo way of getting the starters from prevoius versions.

-unless someone tells me they are cheap somewhere

8. Deathx360

News Credits:

I will try to help with that plus every time I restart Ruby and Sapphire I will add another Jirachi for those needing one.

9. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I been thinking of aquirong a version so I can get starters....and MAYBE legends( as in I suck getting legendary pokemon)

just read that Lugia , Ho-oh can only be gotten from xd and colliseum....yaay for hings I dont have....heres to hoping my best friend has those games.

10. Paladin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The legendary methods are RIDICULOUS in the new versions.

One of them- Manaphy- can only be gotten by trading after completing a mission in POkemon Ranger.

At least 2 more are only given away at Nintendo events.

Another one can only be gotten after obtaining the 3 Regi's from Ruby/Sapphire.

And the most powerful one only becomes available after filling EVERY OTHER SPOT in the 'Dex!!!

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there is no way i'm going to be able to catch them all this time. mew, Celibi, totodile, chikorita and cyndaquil are just too hard to get a hold of. (havent' got any of them in the new games at all :( 

12. Deathx360

News Credits:
    According to serebii.net there are three Pokémon that you can only obtain at Nintendo events. That really sucks since they are usually too far away for me and it is not worth driving 100+ miles one way to get them. Maybe Nintendo will decide to make these events obtainable to the rest of us through the Wifi connection or even a special Wii download to promote the connection between the two.

13. Deathx360

News Credits:
    That's what Wifi is for if you have it. I plan on breeding a few of the GS starters from their finial forms when I trade them onto Ruby and then Diamond. If you have a Wifi connection I will see if I can help you with them.

14. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    This is the game with the most new legendaries of all the games though so no surprise some of them are getting hard to obtain... Credit to Nintendo for trying to come up with more ways of getting new legendaries but it does get insane after a point... I don't even want to play Pokemon Ranger just to get one.

15. The_Bardock

So have they said anything about trading over their online service?

16. Paladin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:

Apparently, you'll need to register friend-codes in the game before you get access to the WiFi service.

After that, it's pretty straightforward- trade, battle and co-op online!

17. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Pokemon World Trade

This image I scanned should answer that question with a big yes. I'm looking into how you can trade with a specific person now so I will get back to you on that in a moment.

Edit: It looks like you can trade with specific people or at least that is now I read the Nintendo Power article that I scanned below.

Wifi connection

18. The_Bardock

Thats awesome, this game keeps looking better and better. I might go put down a preorder tomorrow.

19. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Something else I found out is that the TM's are the same as Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald so you can have a Pokémon hold them to transfer them over to Diamond and Pearl.

20. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    The first one's not bad, but I'm a bit biased since I just bought Ranger.

The second is typical (there are three Event Legendaries), the third a bit irksome (part of me wants to keep all of my Legendaries on my GBA games).

The last one is a bit inaccurate. Giratina and Cresselia can only be found after you have the National Dex, which is acquired once the Shinou Dex is completed. BUT! The Shinou Dex is considered "complete" once you've SEEN all 151 Pokemon in the Shinou Dex (the only special Legendary that counts in Manaphy).