POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

141 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Gen 2

63 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Gen 3

58 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

41 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Gen 5

51 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Transfan2

Transfan2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for your suggestion, sounds like a good idea.

I would join there, but I am not sure if the whole thing about me being new on that forum and then talking about my petition idea won't look good so I am trying to stick with boards that know me.

-TF2

2. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anyone wants the Pokedex data for Darkrai, Deoxys, or Manaphy I would be willing to trade you it temporarily in order to trade it back to me. I don't have any intention of giving them away, but if you have the Pokedex entry, you'll then be able to look for one on the GTS.

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Yeah I did think about that actually, but then I don't know what else to suggest.

4. Transfan2

News Credits:
    Let's find say I found a way around that:

I know my friend "Bryon" is a member of that Serebii (Forum) and perhaps I could ask him to spread the message there for me.

Could that work, TD?

-TF2

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Definatly, its a pretty big community and I'm sure you could find alot of support there.

6. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any takers on my offer? I don't really want anything in compensation, unless of course you'd be willing to help me put together my ideal Pokemon team...i'm in need of TMs and particular Pokemon.

7. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in a 'dex trade if nothing else, although the only three I haven't seen is Latias, Lugia and Cerebi. Would you happen to have any of them?

8. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have Lugia, though I couldn't trade you tonight. Gotta be at work @ 5am x.x; I don't have Latias or Celebi (who is beyond rare).

I forgot, I also have two of the Regis...Ho-Oh, Mew, and some other legendary Pokemon if anyone needs them for Pokedex data.

9. Transfan2

News Credits:
    OK, That is good to know and I am wondering what I should do next regarding this (Online) petition.

Thanks in advance.

-TF2

10. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay Sparky, i'm up and available if you wanna do a 'dex trade. Would you be willing to do me a favor?

11. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Is it just me, or are the Pokemon movies becoming more and more....fantastic? And I don't mean like "Awesome" or "really good," but in terms of a lot of fantasy and sci-fi stuff going on? Looks like alternate dimesnions this time around.

There's nothing wrong with that per-se. Hell, I'll even say this one looks pretty cool. But it just seems so out of place when compared to how....mundane the TV series has become (IMPO of course).

12. Sparky Prime

Well the first movie had to do with cloning so sci-fi isn't really all that new to the franchise. But I would agree, they seem to be getting more into the fantastic with this latest generation with alternate dimensions and Arceus the 'Pokemon god'.

13. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

True, but at the time, the TV series was dealing with more "serious" stories as well. Such as getting stranded on a dessert island, acient giant Pokemon being released from their magical prisons, etc.

Now it's just the formula of "Ash and gang get to new town, help local person ocercome some everyday problem, and leave with narrator saying something about new friends." Granted I haven't watched the series with any kind of regularity for years, but that's a big part of why.

And if trying to bring the thread back on subject somewhat, I'd like to play Platinum, but a DS is still way out of my pricerange. Anyone know where I can get a cheap one?

14. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://www.pokebeach.com/news/0708/11th-movie-trailer.html
    Newest trailer, also new information came out on Shaymin.

"In one of the clips on the movie site, Shaymin is exposed to the pollen of a flower bouquet one of the movie characters is holding, and then transforms in to Shaymin Sky Forme. Today, the Japanese blog blue skY discovered that when Shaymin is exposed to a flower called Glacidia's Flower in Pokemon Platinum, it will transform into its sky form. This is similar to Deoxys in Diamond and Pearl, where you expose it to different meteorites to induce its different forms. The flower is the same red flower that the movie trailers have been showing for months. When Platinum is released, it will be available in Floaroma Town."

15. Sparky Prime

Well that's good to know you'll be able to switch Shaymin's forme back and forth in Platinum with an item. Makes me wonder if they'll have an item or something to switch Giratina's forme back and forth as well...

16. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Giratina switches over to Orgin Form as soon as it is transferred to Platinum and Back again to Normal Forme in Diamond and Pearl.

17. Sparky Prime

People thought the same thing about Shaymin until this item was revealed. So then, isn't there the possibility they might include something similar for Giratina in Platinum as well?

18. Sparky Prime

Well Serebii.net has some new information about Platinum. They say that it appears Giratina's Origin Forme can only be used in the Torn World while the form it has in D/P will be used everywhere else in Platinum. However, they also mention that the main method of switching Giratina's forms will be revealed next month which may reveal a method of keeping its Origin Forme outside of Torn World.

Also mentioned is several new additions and changes such as a Battle Recorder, new characters, changes to buildings and new Wi-Fi features.

19. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Having never played a Pokemon game in my life (I've heard good things, but the TV shows have always scared me away for fear of losing my sanity), what is a reccommended play order? I really think my wife may enjoy them, and I might as well, but I'd like to play them "right" to get whatever story there is out of it.

20. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I suggest you start off with either FireRed or LeafGreen. Same game, and these two are remakes of the very first Pokemon game. So you get the story, monsters, trainers, and everything from the first generation in higher quality. After that, I recommend you hunt down Pokemon Crystal. It's the third game of the second generation (Gold and Silver, which actually does have some continuity with the first gen). After that, you'd be best served getting Pokemon Emerald, the third of the Advanced/Third generation games. Then, i'd wait to get Pokemon Platinum and to conquer the two GBA games (Pokemon D/P has a Pal Park feature which will allow you to migrate Pokemon from the GBA games to it, after you clear the Elite 4 and get the National Pokedex).