POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

141 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Gen 2

63 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Gen 3

58 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

41 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Gen 5

51 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Let's have a two-fold lil' game;

If you could change/alter the types of 5 Pokémon, which would you choose?
    Gyarados; Water/Flying > Water/Dragon
    Reuniclus; Psychic > Poison/Psychic
    Mawile; Steel/Fairy > Fairy/Dark
    Yanmega; Bug/Flying > Bug/Dragon
    Dhelmise; Ghost/Grass > Steel/Ghost

If you could make a Pokémon based off of an unused type-combo, what would it be?
    Ice/Bug > A creature based off of krill, a crustaceous lil' chap laden with icy spiky armour and with spindly limbs ending in icicle-esque claws. Has a Schooling ability akin to Wishiwashi.

2. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    it never fails. i download an emulator and a rom to play an old pokemon game, thinking "this'll be so much fun," then use one cheat and end up just walking through walls and using cheats and seeing how much i can screw up the game lol

3. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    mega blastoise: water > water/steel. i was actually expecting it....
    mega alakazam: psychic > psychic/normal. it'll be cool because it became so powerful that it can not be harmed by ghost pokemon.
    blissey: normal > normal/fairy...one of the few surprises that happened during the fairy introduction....
    volbeat and illumise: bug > bug/psychic. its been years and i still think they are psychic...
    mega absol: dark > dark/fairy or dark/psychic. another surprise miss...
    primal kyogre: water > water/ice. i thought it'll give a bit more balance between the two...
    porygon-z: normal > normal/ghost. the corrupted data made a ghost of its previous self.
    xurketree: electric > electric/grass.....IT HAS TREE IN THE NAME!!!!!

i went through all the pokemon in the pokebank pokedex, and i realized that i still haven't activated many of the mega pokemon.....ha...

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Bonsly/Sudowoodo Rock > Rock/Grass
    Dhelmise; Ghost/Grass > Steel/Grass
    Volbeat and Illumise: Bug > Bug/Electric
    Empoleon Water/Steel > Ice/Steel
    Spoink and Grumpig Psychic > Psychic/Ground

Fire/Ice a hare with a tail of snow and ears of flame

5. marvel b

News Credits:
    ah. forgot about my unused type combo....if anyone wants to join, here is a list (exclude fighting/ghost because marshadow, the next mythical, has that typing)
    [​IMG]

as for mine.

grass/fire: region variant tropius. its fruit on its neck are peppers that got so spicy, the wings are a constant flame.

fire/ice: the leftover peppers from tropius had to be stored in the frozen region to prevent fire hazards, but in doing so, the peppers merged with the ice and became sentient (will get retconed later, with a story that its actually a mold inside the ice and flame that merged)

poison/fairy: i imagine it would be based on the witch in "snow white" with a poisoned berry in its hand to complete the look. i'm thinking lizard-like features. its a status-focus pokemon.

bug/ice: one of those antarctic worms that survive inside the ice. its special attack focused.

bug/dragon: region variant flygon. they adapted to eating an odd fruit that made them more insect-like.

rock/ghost: i think a mini dust tornado with seven jewels serving as the actual pokemon would be cool. maybe the jewels shine different colors to show off how it is feeling.

fighting/electric: region variant sawk and throh. the area is filled with such tough pokemon, that they adapted to using ki energy as another attack method. based on super saiyan.

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How can I get one?

7. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    The Shiny Tapu Koko card? It's in a promo booster pack you get when you buy 5 Japanese packs of the next set.

Although I'm sure if you wait they'll eventually release it in English.

• Like Like x 1
  8. marvel b

News Credits:
    BREAKING NEWS FRESH FROM SEREBII!!!!

GAMEFREAK STILL HATES EVERYONE NOT-JAPAN!

they get all the cool shiny events!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Lol prfctcellrulz is foaming at the mouth right now :D 

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Serebii has updated the article to say there is evidence to suggest this shiny Tapu Koko event may not be authentic.

11. marvel b

News Credits:
    good.....but i still feel that they would do that at some point....

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh I'm sure it will come here maybe. Just be patient.

13. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    True but I STILL have to get my copy of Moon before I start the actual foaming. :p 

14. marvel b

News Credits:
    new global mission is up!

question...if there is any non-mainline character that you'd want to be put into the mainline (lets say the leaders in pokemon gp, for example), how would you put them in?

for me. miror b. i'd have him be in the elite four in the next gen along with ryuki to have a music themed group, and the champion is a manager.

15. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    All of those work well. For type changes, I would go with the following:
    Hypno: Psychic/Dark
    Arbok: Poison/Fire or Poison/Psychic, with corresponding new attacks
    Samurott: Water/Fighting and a general redesign
    Blastoise: Water/Steel for Blastoise
    Charizard and Charizard Y: Fire/Dragon
    Dragonite: Dragon/Fairy and a general redesign.
    Gible>Gabite>Garchomp: Electric/Dragon (because there is no real reason for them to be Ground, and hammerheads are the most electroreceptive of sharks - that's where one of my ideas below came from).

As for ideas for unused type combinations, I have a few:

Cryonaga>Cryodusa: Cryonaga is an Ice/Poison human-headed serpent made of ice, with purple fangs and eyes. It evolves into Cryodusa, who takes Cryonaga's design and slips a humanoid torso between the snake body and human head. Females are amazonian in build, with long manes of snakes for hair, while males are slimmer, with shorter manes of snake hair, but long beards of snakes. It's based on the idea of the medusa's gaze freezing people instead of petrifying them.

Scorpepp>Capsaipion: Scorpepp is a Grass/Fire scorpion-shaped pepper whose pincers and tail end in scorpion peppers. Capsaipion is less conceptualized in my head: I'm either going to have him look like Beast Wars Scorponok in build, or he's going to be a mutant scorpion from hell. These guys are specifically called out as not being arthropods, but arthropod-mimicking plants, kind of like Fomantis and Lurantis. It has a unique Grass-type move, Pepper Shot, that both burns and confuses its victims.

Rammark>Hammershock: Rammark is a small, black shark with four blue lines running down from its cephalofoil (the hammer head). The top two run all the way down its back, while the bottom two run down its chest before running down its vaguely hand-shaped fins to the tips. Hammershock takes Rammark and makes it a shark mer-man.

Silvercury: a Steel/Poison blob of mercury that has a humanoid torso and arms and a featureless head. Its signature move, Quicksilver, is a special-attack Steel-type move that badly poisons its foe.

Gruntlin>Conquerorc: my Fighting/Fairy line, based on goblins and orcs, respectively. Gruntlin wears a loincloth and wields a small black hatchet, and is a rather basic fighter. Conquerorc, on the other hand, has three forms. Dual-ax Conquerorc are tall, thin, lightly-armored skirmishers that have the Technician ability and a variety of priority moves. Ax and shield Conquerorcs are short and squat physical tanks. Finally, Great-ax Conquerorc are gigantic bruisers clad in armor, serving as the heavy hitters.

Eldalf>Alfkoenig: The counterparts to the Gruntlin family, Eldalf and Alfkoenig are multi-hued Fairy-type elves with variable second types. Most of these types have been seen before: Grass, based on wood elves and wielding weapons and armor made of enchanted, enlarged leaves; Ice, drawing on winter sidhe and wielding supernaturally hardened ice for weapons and armor, and Psychic, based on high elves and bearing robes and weapons made of telekinetic energy. The final variant is the Dark-type, based on dark elves and wielding weapons and armor made of black chitin

Varifin>Collectifin|Mortifin|Liberifin: Varifin is the basic fish of the setting, but it's Normal-type, not Water. It's at the low end of the food chain, but it's determined to survive. Collectifin is parallel to Wishiwashi, being a psychic hive mind of fish created when you have multiple Varifin or a Collectifin in the party when your Varifin hits a certain level. I came up with it before Wishiwashi's reveal. Liberifin is an Normal/Fairy angelic flying fish, created by exposure to the Shiny Stone. Finally, Mortifin is the new type: a Normal/Ghost fish skeleton with skeletal bat wings, created when Varifin is exposed to a Dusk Stone.

Dracopillar>Dracopod>Dracomoth: The final new type is the regional moth based on the dragonhead caterpillar, with the Bug/Dragon type. The first stage is basically the caterpillar as a Pokemon, while the second and third stage are more radical divergences. The whole line uses the caterpillar's head - the cocoon is dragon-headed, and has serious defensive stats. Give it an Eviolite, and it can tank some hurt. The final form is basically a moth that's been molded into the shape of a dragon: six powerful clawed limbs, a flexible abdomen that can smash people, wings taken from the Atlas moth, and the dragon head can open to bite and spit fire. Unlike every regional moth in the game, this guy is a physical bruiser.

16. marvel b

News Credits:
    HOLY CRAP!!!!

the global mission is already 100% completed!!! i guess tge first two failures activated something into the fanbase!

speaking of which. i still need to get fp so i can level up aaron-zona.....

17. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Probably that guy and gal from Pokémon Coliseum. I really enjoyed that game, so it'd be nice to see them again.

Damn that's a lot of good ideas, though I must oppose the Garchomp suggestion; that fucker is a beautiful land shark and land sharks are great!

Had an idea for a Bug/Psychic-type; Sympsy, a grasshopper-like creature with a parasitic worm idly poking out from its abdomen and the Anticipation ability. It's a pretty basic lil' creature, using speed and physical attacks to strike the foe; the hopper is the brawn, the worm is the psychokinesis. At level 27, provided there's a fire-type in the part, it'll evolve into Parapsyche; the worm has fully developed its psychic powers and transformed the hopper into, essentially, a floating suit of armour. Now it is a slow bulky special attacker, the worm fully in control and the hopper is nothing more than a shell, its own mind absorbed into the worm's.

It's based off of parasitic worms that can take control of grasshoppers, except this 'Mon is a bit more positive about it (the real worm straight up drowns its host so it can get into the water to mate).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks, man. The only reason I suggested Garchomp be Electric-type was to emphasize how sharks are very electroreceptive in water, and hammerhead especially so. I suppose a future region could introduce an aquatic Garchomp variation and make it Electric, instead of completely sacrificing the desert Garchomp.

Speaking of cool ideas, Sympsy and Parapsyche are awesome! I had a couple of ideas trending that way myself - a tongue-eating louse called Parattach, that clamps onto Varifin, Eldalf, or a Steel-type crab called Manicrab, mutating them into different forms of its evolution, Paraform; I also had an idea for a Grass/Rock starter, a beaver that ends up piloting a humanoid beaver dam mecha.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    ordered Pokemon moon today. Planning to play it as a Nuzlocke.

• Like Like x 1
  20. marvel b

News Credits:
    i suggest using a online number generator to help decide your starter, since you can't see your id number before getting it....

good luck!