Heavy/Scratch: Plowking - "Wikkified" - Jeep Reshell - UPDATE 12-12-09

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by plowking, Apr 9, 2009.

1. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    First, I wanna say thanks to a few friends that made this possible.

JAF, Autobotx23, Wikkid, Nemesis Predaking.

I'm using this as a guide....I'll still love this custom even after my version is done:

Masterpiece Brawn by Wikkid

I always wanted to make one of these for myself....I tried to get Wikkid to give me his, but he wasn't gonna budge. But, he did offer all the help I could ever need in trying my hand a making my own version.

My version wont be Brawn though....I really don't know who it will be as of yet....might be another Plowking....who knows?

I usually don't do WIP threads, but I was asked to do one for this custom, so here goes.

I'm using the Revell 1:24 scale 77 Jeep kit

[​IMG]

You can see what the body looks like after removing the floorboards and what not.....all you'll be left with is just the outside shell of the Jeep.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course an Alt Prowl.....all cut up too....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going for a few different things compared to Wikkids version. I want to make some stuff differently, namely:

The doors....I want to make them open and set differently in bot mode
    The front and (maybe) the rear wheels.
    The arms (maybe?)
    And the way the windshield/hood assembly sets in bot mode...I want to make this part swivel around, so that way in bot mode the hood isn't standing up behind the head, instead, it will be pointing down, and covering up the back

[​IMG]

The doors and the windshield/hood assembly parts I think I got figured out....you can see the extended hinges for the doors (got this idea from studying Wikkids pics of Brawn) and I added a piece that the windshield/hood assembly will attach to, and allow it to rotate (think of how Alt WC's/DC's hood/dash assembly rotates....thats "function" is what I am going for)

I'll be sure to post WIP pics of those when I get them figured out/done.

Its been a long time since I have done something this intense, but I can actually say that with this one, I am having fun again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

oh cant wait to see this bad boy done

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

This is cool and looks like it will get much cooler.

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Looking great so far, pk! I really admire you and the other guys who go all out on their Alternators like this. You do amazing work, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

5. bumblebee15

bumblebee15 Autobot

WOW PK!! Great to see you motivated! WHOOOHOOO Hope to see more soon

6. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cool! Look forward to seeing more!

7. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

You know it doesn't bother me if its Brawn or another Plowking. At least your making something happen, but what well thats your call.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    This has me sooo excited. not just to see more work from you, but just the fact that you've been so long in posting a new project.

9. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Gonna keep my eye on this one...:sly2: ...:lol 

10. plowking

News Credits:
    Update 04-17-09

Thanks for all the kind words guys. :thumb 

Here's a small update, with more WIP pics to boot.

I wanted the windshield to fold when in bot mode, instead of it being fixed in place. So I made a "piano styled" hinge from Styrene so that it could fold and be able to lay in line with the hood in bot mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a shot of a joint I am going to use to allow the hood and windshield assembly to rotate 180* (like the Alt S2000 does)

[​IMG]

Instead of the hood pointing up in Bot mode like Wikkids version does, it will point down, this will allow the hood to help cover the Bot's back

As with Wikkids, my version will not have "see thru" windows either, cause there just isn't room to add a realistic looking interior in such a small space along with all the bot parts that have to fit in there too...(that or I just don't have the skills to come up with it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what I am doing is making "re-enforcement" pieces....you can see the one for the windshield there. The actual glass will be painted from the backside to give it that tinted look, and then sandwiched between the "re-enforcement" piece and the actual frame of the windshield. I am going to do this to the doors and the rear hatch too. This will give all of these pieces some much needed strength.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've also done some more cutting on Prowl, to accommodate the model kit, again, following what Wikkid did to his. This allows maximum room inside when in Alt mode.

And here's a shot of Alt Skids' arms attached to Alt Shockwave's arm assembly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I opted to use Skids' arms over the RX-8 arms just to be a little different from Wikkid's, but as you can see, in Alt mode, they still function, fold and store the same way as the RX-8 arms do.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  11. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

Wow! This is some serious engineering. You should make more WIP threads, because this one rocks. Finish the new PK and send him to me, and you're done.

12. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Freaking amazing!!! I bow to you, senpai!!! Nice Avalanche decal, BTW. What awesome artist made that for ya, huh? :lol  (Ummm...me!!!)

13. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The update looks great!

Your work looks to be very clean and the alt mode seems tight.

You've made sure to hide as much of the bot inside, which is quite nice. The need to make the windows opaque is very understandable. Jeeps really are pretty minimal vehicles, as I've recently found out. :wink: 

Looking good! Keep it up!

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Eric, I really feel like you've stepped up your game even more with this bash. I feel that I can speak with a good deal of authority here, since I probably own more of your work than any other person. I'm very proud and blessed to say that, I might add. :thumb 

The best thing I see happening here is that you say you're having fun again. I find it no coincidence that it's with an Alt-style custom no less :D 

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Dang, Eric. I'm always countering your talk about your skills, and you go and do this! I don't have to counter you anymore, I'll just point to this thread. :lol 

16. JAF

JAF 1984

Ditto and Ditto. Man Eric, this is some serious engineering. It looks fantastic, and the way you integrated sideswipe's arms into prowls shoulders (I think) is genius. The piano hinge is pure precision. There re so many great details that this is gonna be one heck of a bash.

17. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Coming along nicely chief !

18. plowking

News Credits:
    UPDATE 4-28-09 - Part 1

Well, got the roof all figured out, and to my liking.

Pretty much just like the roof design that Wikkid has on his, just with a few tweaks.

I added another hinge to the windshield support made from left over Prowl and Shockblast parts for the front part of the roof:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will connect to the front part of the roof like so:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this will allow the front part of the roof to fold flat against the windshield frame in bot mode like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's also enough range of movement to allow the front part of the roof to fol around to the opposite side too. I'll decide what way I like best once I get to that point.

Attached Files:

19. plowking

News Credits:
    UPDATE 4-28-09 - Part 2

The back half of the roof utilizes the same Alt Prime door hinges that Wikkid used on his, but they too were tweaked a little.

I altered them to allow the back half of the roof to slide back just enough to allow the pegs from the rear half of the roof to clear the receiving tubes on the front half.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also made the support panels for the back half. These will function the same as the support panel for the windshield frame, and the glass will be sandwiched in between these support panels and the back halves of the topper, same as the windshield.

Here's a shot of the underside of the roof, and how it separates, and the pegs for it also:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a little more engineering and tweaking, and I'll be attaching the kit shell to the Alt and making the cuts in the body so it can actually transform.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks for looking

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  20. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

:bowdown: :jawdropper: 

This is getting better and better with every update. Cut that body fast and keep amazing us.