Minor/Repaint: plowking + Sq7 + clay = Awesome :) (Alternators Octane)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, May 24, 2010.

1. rohrerprime25

rohrerprime25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats awesome great work its good to see step by step great work

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ohhhhh....you guys are making me pine for the halcyon days of Alternators! great work all around. I like that the very creative, and nicely executed mods sell this as Octane. Paint work is very clean and well done! Look forward to more!

• Like Like x 1
  3. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Wow! Pretty friggin' sweet! The paint job looks excellent and he's uncannily g1-Octane-ish!

Reading the first part, I was kinda surprised to see the split rear end turn into a weapon. I was expecting it would fold out from behind him to mimic G1 Octane's wings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    tasty stuff guys. That's a super convincing octane you got there. mods and paints are flawless. :)  MORE!

• Like Like x 1
  5. iam82nz

iam82nz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    OMG

• Like Like x 1
  6. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

Epic gonna be unreal SQ + ALTS = AWSOMENESS

• Like Like x 1
  7. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

Man that is horrible....that I don't have one of those. =)

Awesome jobs all around!

• Like Like x 1
  8. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Superb work!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Slick! Looks factory-made. Well, better than factory. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking good bro...... but do you know how Octane got his name? He used to be such a jokester that all his comrades thought he was a real gas..... lol

Seriously though, it looks awesome!

- Gregg

• Like Like x 1
  11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Awesome. Nice to see you guys in cahoots again. Sniff, sniff...ah the mammaries..I mean memories. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  12. clay

clay Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliments on the paint, guys! It took many, many thin coats of white with an aerosol airbrush. The blue stripes were painted on top with the use of a lot of painter's tape. The stripes on the sides were the hardest to get correct, level, and even with each other. It took four or five tries before I was satisfied with them, requiring me to scrub down to and redo the white paint each time. That's why it took so long to complete :( 

I did put little boxes of white paint on the sides for the "Ford GT" logos, which I think Allen is making stickers for as the last step to completion.

• Like Like x 1
  13. simplygriff

simplygriff Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    That's pretty cool! Love all the in progress pics!
    -G

• Like Like x 1
  14. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wow. that turned out every bit as beautiful as I'd always pictured it would! Eric's modifications, Clay's paint, and your head really came together perfectly. It looks flawless in the photographs man. I know how happy you are to get this bugger, it's been a long time! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks to all who took the time to post! I really appreciate everyone's comments and I hope the thread and the project is enjoyable to all of you guys :) 

I thought I'd take the time to respond back to you guys as well (one of my absolute favorite parts of working on any such project:

Thanks so much for all of the props, guys; I'm glad you like it :)  The hatch mod that plowking created is too cool for school; the cut is just so nice on it! :) 

clay did an absolute wonderful job on the paint work:

Your hard work really paid off, as the paint work is just so very nice!

As clay said, there will be a "FORD GT" portion that will go on the doors just like the original. I'm still amazed at the sheer quality of the stripe work . . . . :thumb 

Well, Octane does have the rear fin shield, and the hatchback is the "backpack". I've not been able to play around much with it since posting this thread, as I've not seen what it would look like as such. If anything, I feel that it would be a bit underwhelming done. The possibility is there, though :) 

Mainly, I can flip the doors to emulate the larger wings for that design nod. :) 

Yeah, each time he'd send me a photo, I'd get soooo excited. While you guys are seeing the batch all at once, I've been getting a photo or two every so often since late 2008! The wait has been so well worth it :D 

clay's really got his process nailed down well, and it certainly pays off, as you can see. :) 

Thanks, guys! Pretty much what you see here is what it is. There are only very minor things to do to have this completely finished. The changes needed to make are so minimal that most wouldn't be able to see the differences.

I find myself often pinning for the "halcyon" of Alternators customs myself. I'm really blessed to have made many of the close friends I have over the years through a shared hobby, and it is something I'll forever treasure. One thing about my own customs collection and even the Alts/BTs themselves is that they remind me of all of the good things a shared hobby can bring.

This project arrived at my doorstep at a good time to remind me of all of that. :) 

:lol  Well, look who the cat (Quad) drug in! Still up to your old antics I see :lol 

I think Octane is in good company if that's the case :lol 

My photos, as you well know, don't even begin to give this piece justice. Both pk and clay did such great jobs on this one, and I'm just glad the head I worked on "fits" well. I really enjoyed the creation process on this one, as it was obviously slightly different than my normal way of working.

[​IMG]

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

:) 

Attached Files:

16. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

Wow! That paintjob is impressive. Super clean like it came from the factory like that. Very nice!

• Like Like x 1
  17. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Looks great.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks for the comments guys! clay's slick paint work continues to impress me :) 

19. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

That is some all-around tremendous work! I love the fact that it traded hands to get completed, and the whole thing looks flawless!

You need to get an assembly line going--churn some of these out for the rest of us! :D 

Seriously, though, great work. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hehe, yeah, it can be amazing the things I'll see in Photoshop that are "minor" changes but are necessary to make it "work". That's one reason I tend to either sketch things out on paper and/or in Photoshop first. You'll also note teh digibashes see me working with the head some too :) 

I'd be lying if the thought hadn't crossed my mind more than once, given my approach to my customs. I simply don't have the resources to take up such a venture. :lol 

I certainly appreciate the comments and the sentiment, though. You always inspire me man :)