1. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Ok, here's what I don't get:
    Megatron betrayed the bot's when presented to the council and began the war, and then did Orion become Optimus when he went to Primus and received the matrix.
    If Optimus was reseted to pre-prime, wouldn't he still know about Megatron shortening his name (remember he said "Where are we Megatronus?") and the whole Megatron rebellion and dawn of the war?

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    He was likely made a Prime after the incident with the Counsel. He just wasn't made Optimus until he went to the Core to reverse the war's effects.

Thus if he went back to his pre-Prime state, the Cousel incident wouldn't have happened to him yet

At least, that's my understanding of it

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

"Pre-prime" is a loose term, "Prime" could mean the day when the Council heard his speech [the moment where they decided he would be a Prime, therefore the first moment where the thought of him being a Prime was conceived].

And Megatron's rebellion happened after that.

I assume his memory rebooted back to the day before him and Optimus went to the Council.

4. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Thats my point.
    If he reverted to where he wasnt a prime (which was after the council incident),
    and megatron betrayed them before he became optimus, Orion right now would've remembered.
    Thats the plot hole. Orion didn't remember.

5. Stardust262

News Credits:
    My understanding of it was that he was made a Prime during the Counsel incident, and Megatron didn't declare war until after this event. Thus he wouldn't know of Megatronus becoming Megatron or the war

6. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Ratchet said that as they entered politics he became megatron so megatronus became megatron way before the presentation to the council.

7. Stardust262

News Credits:
    Well then the name part is a plot hole

8. VincentMagius

VincentMagius Well-Known Member

Optimus calling him Megatronus instead of Megatron isn't that odd. His friend was Megatronus and he would have called him that in private. Megatron was a public name until the betrayal. At that point, Optimus' friend is effectively dead. Same way Anakin Skywalker "died" when Darth Vader was created.

Anyway, don't you have a friend or family member you call by some nickname or shortening of their name even though you know what their full name is.

9. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think him calling Megatron, Megatronus, was an easy way for both the viewer and Megatron to realize something wasn't right with Optimus. If he just called Megatron 'Megatron', no one would catch that he had lost his memories. It was all for shock value. As for the whole council thing, others have already cleared it up.

10. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Everyone's saying he reverted back to his pre-Prime state. No one in the show ever said it was the minute right before he became Optimus Prime.

But seeing how things are playing out, it's apparently before Optimus and Megatron[us] got into politics, before Megatron began the war. "Orion" doesn't seem like he's interested in the subject matter, and hasn't come to realize that he could be a Prime.

So...what plot hole?