Plot idea for the "BUMBLEBEE PREQUEL"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Raycooze6242, Apr 8, 2017.

?

Would you watch this?

1. YES

90.5%
  2. NO

9.5%
  1. daniel 97

daniel 97 servant of Quintessa

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    With Barricade the original voice actor is Jess Harnell but for DOTM they replaced him with Frank Welker and for Sideswipe the original one was Andre Sogliuzzo and he was replaced with James Remar.

2. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    It's actually quite the same with Bumblebee and while Mark Ryan and Will Friedle have a very different voice registers the change still won't be as noticeable because I already pointed out he only had TWO lines in the first movie that a few people remember. That's not what I call a drastic change and once again is a inaccurate comparison because Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime is far more recognizable than Mark Ryan is as Bumblebee if at all. If he made that great Bumblebee then why didn't Hasbro consider hiring him for TF: Prime? It's because he didn't actually make the character his own, something that Will Friedle has already done to a far greater degree than Ryan since he has voiced the character in two different shows already. By the way Barricade's voice in the first movie is so unique that you can't just forget it and it was DEFINITELY obvious when they changed it in DOTM.

3. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

Not anymore than they already did with Megatron or any of the other voice changes.

4. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Collector

I figured Barricade's voice change (when I finally noticed it) was a side effect of taking away what I call the "robot tinge" that everyone had in the first movie (essentially the vocal effect that made Starscream's voice sound so different between movie 1 and it's sequels). Unfortunately, as memorable as Barricade's scenes were he had very few lines to look at and judge the very minute differences.

I'd argue that Bumblebee's time to speak at the end of TF07 was still a pretty memorable moment, as it's the ONLY TIME Bumblebee has ever spoken in any of the films. Even if there weren't that many lines, the voice does stick out as his own as nobody else in the films sounds like Bumblebee. I'd argue that Brawl, Shockwave, Blackout, Bonecrusher, and some of the other big brutes sound very alike, not to mention they're not very memorable to anyone but the fans. Bumblebee, however, is the most promoted character in the whole brand. They didn't hire Ryan because, to put it frankly, they made a better decision based on his character. I never said that Ryan did a better job as Bumblebee than Friedle, just that he's the one they chose, albeit at the last minute.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Collector

It still distracts from the main focus of the movie, and, with all the stuff jam-packed in this one, it'll just make the whole thing more convoluted.

6. CKPRIME

I can't see it being something a lot of people would bring up if they had a throw away line like, "We just built Bumblebee a brand new voicebox!". Especially when he only had two lines 10 years ago! It's a whole lot easier to explain than recasting characters. How many people really complained that they couldn't focus on the Avengers because Bruce Banner suddenly looked like Mark Ruffalo?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Collector

True. If they WERE to do it, which they very well could just leave well enough alone and give Ryan the job, this would be the best way to accomplish it. Any other way and it gets too complicated.

8. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    It's a memorable moment but not like pretty memorable. Even if people do remember that he had a few lines they hardly remember what they were or they sounded like. Yes I agree that it is the one and only time he speaks on hiw own but the voice is far from being recognizable in fact many other characters sound like it - Ratchet, Lockdown, Cogman, Bulldog, yeah that voice doesn't stick out at all, however I also agree that some of the Decepticons sound alike but that's another topic. What I'm trying to say is that they didn't actually MAKE a decision they just used the only available voice. It was a last minute addition. Okey, fine it's done but that doesn't mean it SHOULD remain like this! Why bother putting up with it? If they do realize the voice is unsuitable why would they only go with it because a while ago they took the wrong decision as even if they change it nobody would even care that much, especially if as I said they understand it's the wrong choice. Just because something wrong happened in the past you don't go by the logic "oh it will always happen like that"! Things could easily be changed and I mentioned how which will not be complicated at all!

9. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    Wow, you are really pulling out all the steps for an argument that you cannot possibly win because all the facts are against you

And about your Barricade voice comment, his voice change doesn't count... it was an mistake where Soundwaves voice was mapped to Barricades character model. It isn't cannon at all.

Also just because the TCU officially starts with TLK, that definitely doesn't mean that what happened in the previous films isnt set in stone. It's all still one big continuity all the previous events that happened still happened, all the previous characters and voices are still there

10. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Rooks Gang Leader

News Credits:
    Reads like a bad fan-fiction.

I get that the movie forums are for discussion but really this seems so fan-ficcish.

11. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Once again, that about winning the argument is only in your head and the rest of the facts have the same strength as mine, take that.
    There is no confirmation that the voice change was mistake or not, if it was it just shows how mistakes can happen which is also the case with Mark Ryan as Bumblebee's voice actor.
    Yesm jsut because TLK is the movie which the TCU starts with it means that nothing before that coukd be taken as granted, but from now on it is.

12. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    What? What?

Nothing about that can be compared. It's an official casting vs an editing mistake

13. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How many people even remember Bumblebee's voice in the first movie? How many people will even notice that his voice is different here than the previous?

14. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Ironically I do.

15. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I'm sure you do but you are a fan, I'm talking about casual moviegoers.

16. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    If you've been on the boards since 2013 you will probably know I'm no regular fan, I'm obsessed with Bumblebee and his voice. Actually while I'm on this topic, I figured out why some of the fans don't like Will Friedle as Bumblebee. That would be because he generally speaks too fast which in some ways could be accepted or seen as annoying, also whenever they think of Will for some reason they think of his cartoony voice, Ron from Kim Possible type of voice, but they're wrong and correct at the same time. Of course "that" tone of the voice sounds off for movie Bumblebee, but if he speaks slowly and calmly with a deeper tone I think he just hits the jackpot. There are some specific lines from RID that he delivers in that exact way which works pretty well. I would also like to mention that voice actors for live-action movies get guidence by Michael Bay.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  17. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    I have nothing against Will Fredle as Bumblebee... I don't think anyone does, it's just that he isn't the right VO for Movieverse Bumblebee

18. CKPRIME

That's a voice for cartoons though, directed by cartoon voice directors. There's absolutely no denying Michael Bay gets an amazing performance out of Peter Cullen. Compare his work in Age of Extinction to any of his appearances in Rescue Bots and the difference is like night and day.

19. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    So, your point is?

20. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Then who is? Everyone could have their own desire.