Plot idea for the "BUMBLEBEE PREQUEL"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Raycooze6242, Apr 8, 2017.

?

Would you watch this?

1. YES

90.5%
  2. NO

9.5%
  1. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Like it or not, Mark Ryan is, until further notice, the official voice for Movie-verse Bumblebee. I'll watch the heck out of this movie, but I think Starscream should be the main villain and take an Earth form. I'd buy the heck out of biplane Starscream.

2. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I did not expect that from you. Of course he is not the official voice, nobody is. They didn't think this franchise will go this far back in 2007 so they didn't put a lot of thinking into the "Bumblebee's voice" concept and chose a random ass voice, I'm sure if they reconsider it they'd give the role to someone else, also Mark Ryan sounds great as Bulldog, you see? I told you he is best at voicing old characters - Jetfire, Bulldog, Ironhide (game), Lockdown. Also why do you all think Will Friedle will use his cartoony voice?

3. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    With all due respect, even though everyone can have their own opinions on how they like Bumblebee's voice or how they think it should sound, the fight is pretty much over. It ended in 2007. Like it or not, the production team chose Mark Ryan as Bumblebee for the Transformers Cinematic Universe, and even intended to keep him throughout the rest of the films until they chose to continue his radio voice trope in the sequel, Revenge of the Fallen. If they really want to keep consistency and truly "tie in" all the movies, then they'll keep Ryan on as Bumblebee, regardless of how some people, no matter how many, feel about it. And while it can be argued that they changed Megatron from Weaving to Welker in Age of Extinction, it can be easily explained as a side effect of the body (Galvatron) built for Megatron by KSI. Bumblebee having a sudden voice change after 10 years of adjustment time for any potential naysayers (while movie 1 didn't offer much, the ROTF video game provided many lines done by Mark Ryan to judge on) would be inconsistent and just weird. While they probably should have picked someone else initially 10 years ago (think Will Friedle-esque), what's done is done. And there's no changing the past.

In other words, sounds like a cool plot idea! I'd pay to see it, but I'm imagining a more husky and rough-n-tough voice for Bulldog. Think Warpath from War for Cybertron.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zemah

Zemah ’Til all are one

News Credits:
    I guess you have a point. But they still could change it up, even though it's unlikely. And another point to make regarding Megatrons voice is that they both sound similar, in my opinion at least. Most people wouldn't have noticed the change unless they looked it up. So if they're going to change Bumblebees voice they're at least going to make it sound similar to what it did in TF1.

5. Trip2boy

Ebay:
    Agreed. Megatron to Galvatron was pretty noticeable in the theater to me (I guess I was just used to Weaving's deep and gravelly voice), but I've since gotten used to it. Now we wait to see what they do to both Megatron and Bumblebee in TLK.

6. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I'm sorry, but you're wrong there. Whether or not it fits, Mark Ryan is the voice for Bumblebee in the movies. No one else has voiced the character outside of his radio-speak in an official installment into the Transformers Cinematic Universe. Unless someone else starts voicing the character, Mark Ryan is Movie Bumblebee's voice.

7. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So Cade building "something that matters" (a new voice box) which could very well play into the developement of the character (Cade) is inconsistency? A new voice box could easily explain how he sounds different, I'm sorry but I don't agree. As I explained they did not expect to go all the way up to number 5 and most likely didn't expect any sequels so at the end of 2006 just as Mark Ryan finished all the "on set" voice over they decided to give Bee a voice as a mattter of ensuring everything ends in a good way, ya know just in case movie 2 doesn't see the day light. And to be completely honest he didn't really need to have a voice in the first movie because it still remains the only movie in which the radio-talk gimmick makes perfect sense and works just fine. If there's a REAL, actual need for him to talk, like I mean if it contributes to the plot, plays a major role in the story of the movie, maybe if he becomes a definitive leader or a knight they will most likely rethink his voice and how it sounds as this will be how people will hear him sound like from now on. Mark Ryan is a great man, I don't hate him, please don't get that impression but you see when I look at Bumblebee I get a Spider-man/Ninja turtles type of a character vibe - a energetic young, hotshot and when I hear the voice of an middle aged man something ruins the whole view that I have on this character and completely takes away all the enjoyment that I get while I see him on screen. How would you feel if Darth Vader had his David Prowse voice?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  8. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The cinematic universe has just started and whatever happens from NOW ON can be taken as definitive, established not to mention that Mark Ryan has only two lines as Bumblebee as THE RIDE, ROTF games aren't canon to the movies.

9. Trip2boy

Ebay:
    While I agree that the first movie didn't necessarily need a Bumblebee voice at the end, what's done is done. No one can change the past, and them changing Bumblebee's voice on a whim, even if it fits his character, is inconsistent and unconnected to the previous films. I don't think they'd do that. Also, while Vader changed his voice, that was the way it was intended to be from the start. Bumblebee is as well. His voice is what the creators intended it to be at the time, regardless of one's opinion. It was ultimately their choice, and, to some, including you, a wrong one. And I respect that. I even agree to an extent and would have chosen a different person to play him from the get-go. But that doesn't mean you can just change it on a whim. It's like having Prowse do Vader in the original Star Wars and then Irvin Kershner deciding he doesn't want it and hiring James Earl Jones for TESB. Regardless of how good or bad Prowse's Bristol Vader was compared to Jones's frightening tones, it doesn't change the fact that if they had chosen the former, the sequels would have to play along. You don't get to change the game on a whim just because you don't like one thing. Then nothing else matters. "Oh, you didn't like that they killed Ironhide? Well, let's just bring him back! It doesn't matter!" Sorry, but that's just not how it works.

EDIT: There is also not a lack of a voice box. He's had one since movie 1. In ROTF, Sam himself said "He's playing it up.", meaning Bumblebee's just kidding around, trying to look cool. While this is intended to provide a laugh for the audience, it begins to deteriorate once more serious situations begin to show. Don't you think Bumblebee would stop kidding around when the Great Pyramids are being eaten by a giant robo-gorilla with wrecking ball testicles? But how could his voice become re-damaged when he was simply protecting Sam, you ask? Well, Ratchet indicates in the first movie that "His vocal processors were damaged in battle. I'm still working on them." While we saw and heard Bumblebee speak all of 2 lines in the movie, that's not to say his voice box isn't severely damaged, still being worked on. And with the chaos that erupts in the next 3 movies, with Ratchet as a casualty, I'd gander that Bumblebee's voice box is the least of his worries. Now, with clearly some spare time on their hands, it would appear Izabella gets to working on Bumblebee. That doesn't mean he's going to sound totally different. His voice box was damaged, not destroyed. Hence it is entirely possible that he would get it fixed by someone who can supposedly "fix anything" rather than forge an entirely new one, something I'm sure only a Transformer could create.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  10. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I'd be willing the bet that Hugo Weaving is never coming back to voice Megatron, so if that's an inconsistency the film makers are willing to make than I don't see a reason for them not to change Bumblebee's voice if they want to.

11. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they change it from Hugo to Frank when Megatron became Galvatron, kind of like how it was in the 1986 movie (I get that they changed it back to Frank from Leonard after the movie)?

So if that were true, it would be feasible. With a major body change it could possibly effect the way a voice sounds.

Not to say the point about Bumblebee's voice box being changed wouldn't effect the way he sounds, but it would be more inconsistent than the change between Hugo to Frank because the story allowed for it and it would make sense to general audiences

12. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    But they changed him from Galvatron back to Megatron, so the inconsistency still stands.

13. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, but comapring a character's death to a change in his voice is incorrect, a death has a far lager impact on the audiance. I understand what you mean but that applies for a big change like if they actually replace a certain character or if his voice is so recognizable which is the case with Peter Cullen but with Bumblebee almost nobody remembers how he sounded like and the reason for that is that he had so few quotes. So if they change the voice not a lot of people will notice it in the first place and if the "new" voice works people will quickly get used to it since he'll actually have more lines and therefore we're gonna have a larger base of comparison - 20 or even more lines from the "other voice actor" vs.2 lines from Mark Ryan. Now about the choice of the creators, yeah I don't believe that's an actual choice in the first place as I said just a final moment decision. And keep in mind that we've seen far greater inconsistancy errors being explained so I don't see how a small voice change could not work. People aren't used to Mark Ryan as Bumblebee, on the other hand there's already plenty of Will Friedle as him, you kinda see where this is going.

14. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Even if Megatron wasn't reconstructed into Galvatron after Weaving refused to continue voicing the character they would've gone with Welker regardless.

15. bumblebeej8

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm not saying that isn't inconsistent. Because honestly, Bay really screwed up there. But I'm talking about the voice change because one character got a body that is built differently. If this version of Galvatron is same as TLK Megatron (apparently there are theories saying they're two different characters but oh well) then that means that just the structure of Galvatron/Megatron changed, not the mechanical details controlling stuff like voice.

I mean Megatron died in DOTM so it just kind of worked out for Paramount and Bay

16. Trip2boy

Ebay:
    This new voice came with a new body. Presumably (as the official canon has given no actual reason) the voice change is a side effect of the inferior human body. If Megatron keeps this new voice in TLK, which he probably will, then this purported side effect may be permanent. Bumblebee, however, has no such excuse. See my previous post on that.

17. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Barricade's voice changed without any explanation, also Sideswipe's so I don't see why the same couldn't happen with Bumblebee!

18. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I still don't see it as any bigger inconsistency to say that Bumblebee had a completely new "voicebox" or whatever built to explain the voice change. Like daniel 97 keeps pointing out Mark Ryan's Bumblebee has two lines.

19. bumblebeej8

News Credits:
    I didn't know that, who were the original actors and who did they change it to?

20. Trip2boy

Ebay:
    That doesn't mean they didn't happen. Even if they decided to change his voice, there would have to be some retconning, which gets in the way of the plot. It'd be so much easier on the production team to just use the same dude they used in the first and completely intended to use in the second until someone (I think it was Spielberg) changed their minds because they "liked it better" or something.
    The thing is, Barricade and Sideswipe weren't drastic changes. Barricade's wasn't even supposed to happen, and Sideswipe sounds the same as he did before! What we're talking about here is something much more drastic. Changing Bumblebee from a middle-aged Brit to an adolescent American doesn't mesh well, even if it fits his personality much better. You see, Barricade changing from Harnell to Welker wasn't even noticeable, as I thought it was Harnell the first few times I saw the movie. It was only later that I learned it was Welker. It was also not even supposed to happen. Those lines were supposed to go to Soundwave (hence Welker), with Barricade acting as a body rather than a Decepticon executioner drone. Sideswipe's was probably due to contract issue. Sogliuzzo and Remar did the same impression anyway, so nothing changed besides the name in the credits. Bumblebee is also a major character. It's like changing Optimus to Garry Chalk from the UT and BW. He's no less Optimus than Cullen. Changing Bumblebee on a whim has it's repercussions in canon.

• Like Like x 1