Plot holes or loose ends?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by encline, Apr 25, 2008.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    O.k. I have read A LLLOOOTTTTT about plot holes? What didn't add up to everyone? The plot seemed pretty solid. Cube is on earth, Transformers go to find it, fight. Autobots win for now. I would have to say I saw loose ends, to be addressed in 2 & 3, but no HUGE plot holes.

What do you think? Pot holes or loose end. Share your reasoning.

A couple that bug me:
    Barricade missing=loose end. He is coming back
    Glen=well, he was just kinda there, but he cracked the code and ate the whole plate.
    I also wanna know, WHAT FREAKIN PROGRAM DID HE USE TO TRANSLATE CYBERTRONIAN? =Plot weakness, but, not a hole.

2. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Good things come to those who wait.

3. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you could call it a plot hole, but the biggest thing that bugged me was how the Transformers had a weekness to cold, to the point where they would go into stasis-lock...yet travelled unprotected through freaking space!

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    How many times can a thread be cloned? Lets count the ways......

5. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

Actually, they do have an additional covering when they travel through space. You can see it burning up and breaking apart as the Autobots are entering the atmosphere.

Also, there's a huge difference between being cold, and being buried under a glacier.

6. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I had forgotten about the bits of stuff breaking off them. However, that doesn't explain how BB was put into stasis-lock by the S7 guys gizmos. Unless they sprayed something out that was well below 0 degrees, in which the case guy Sam sprayed would have been royally messed up.

7. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Sudden, rapid drop in body temperature coupled with a lack of energy could probably induce stasis lock. Kind of the giant robot equivalent of hypothermia.

8. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    A plot hole could be that the allspark restored frenzy's body, but it didn't restored bumblebee's legs. Others are either mistakes or poor writing.

9. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

My thought was that they were spraying Bumblebee with Liquid Nitrogen, which would be below −196 °C/−321 °F to keep it from boiling. And those guys who were spraying Bumblebee looked to be wearing some fairly thick suits to prevent them any harm if they got accidentally sprayed themselves.

Interesting observation, but I wouldn't necessarily call that a plot hole. This is pure speculation, but it could be that repairs like that require some focus on the Transformer's part, and Bumblebee was focused on just getting the Allspark out of there at the time.

10. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Actually, the Allspark (or maybe residual energy from its dispersal) may have healed Bee's legs--notice that in the ending he can still form an entire car. Without legs, that Camaro would have been missing its trunk, if the CGI transformation is anything like the toy.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is also possible that the Allspark can not make repairs in its super compact mode.

12. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

Thats what my parnets always said.......

13. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I think it's safe to assume that Bumblebee has been repaired by the time we see him as a car again, at the end of the film... I always thought so anyway.

14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Don't forget intense heat which can damage their armor (wait a moment they don't have armor) their exposed superstructure....So hot and cold both hurts the Transformers...
    ...Yup...

15. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If heat could hurt transformers, wouldnt bonecrusher hurt himself by blowing up a bus on purpose by slamming into it?

16. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

No, the heat from that bus explosion wouldn't be enough to hurt him. It takes an extreme amount of heat to hurt these Transformers, such as the heat generated by the sabot rounds.

17. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

I mentioned this in one of the many other plot question threads...

Diesel doesn't explode being that it is non-combustible. Flammable yes, combustible no.
    Also to my understanding, there are 3 types of commercial deisel... Deisel #1, 2, and 4.
    They burn at the following temps

Diesel Fuel #1: Between 350.33F and 623.93F.
    Diesel Fuel #2: Between 488.93F to 544.73F.
    Diesel Fuel #4: 505.13F.

I could not find how hot kinetically a sabot round gets when it impacts upon a target but i have heard that they get like plasma hot.
    And according to my limited knowledge of thermodynamics is at least 2 or 3 degrees hotter that the burn point of diesel. Perhaps more than that!

18. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I would just assume that the allspark emits energy pulses, which one of these, channeled trough a TF body, can upgrade it or restore it.

I always assumed ratchet did that, but maybe, bumblebee's voice was restored by the allspark, and he didn't notice until the end of the battle when he speaks to Prime

I also thought that, but it created Dispensor and the other sparklings while compacted. My guess is that Bumblebee didn't know how to activate the allspark to restore his legs or he forgot it completely because the heat of the battle.

19. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

yea i agree...

[​IMG]

20. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just like G1, the movie is a bottomless pit of errors