Plot hole help

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimegatron, Aug 3, 2011.

1. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Some plotholes I need help figuring out:
    1: If Sentinel was to rendezvous with Megatron, why did the Decepticons destroy his ship, keeping him away from winning the war for the Decepticons?
    2: What the hell was Megatron's motives in the entire trilogy? Did he crash on earth in search of the Allspark, did he come to take the Matrix from Prime to help The Fallen destroy the sun,or did he have a plan to meet Sentinel on Earth and inslave human kind? So many HoLEs!!!
    Bonus question: If you could have any reason for Mudflap & Skids not appearing in TF3 (besides Bay cutting them out) name as many as you want.
    Mine is they were killed in the pre-movie events (Comics, game etc.)

2. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm thinking either a) the Decepticon who shot him down didn't know he had made a deal with Megatron; b) it was done on purpose as a cover-up (not very likely, though); or c) it was done by an Autobot who knew about Sentinel's betrayal but was killed before he could warn anyone about it.

I've been wondering that too, and I thought it was an odd coincidence that Megatron and Sentinel just happened to plan the rendezvous on the same planet as the one where the All Spark landed, unless Megatron wanted to meet up with Sentinel and get the All Spark at the same time. Prime didn't have the Matrix until the end of ROTF, so it wasn't that.

I heard that they were actually in a few shots (I didn't see them, though), but you could say that they were killed off-screen when Sentinel was attacking the NEST base.

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Starscream didn't know about the truce and shot Sentinel's ship out of the sky. The only Decepticons that knew about the truce were Megatron and Soundwave.

Megatron and Sentinel wanted to find the Allspark and use the Space Bridge to bring Cybertron to where the Allspark was. They would then form a truce between the Autobots and the Decepticons.

That plan went dow the shitter when Starscream shot the Ark and when Megatron crash landed in the ice and was frozen for decades. When Megatron was awakened, he didn't know what had happened to Sentinel, so he put the original plan on the back burner and concocted plan B; in which he wanted to use the Allspark to build an army to take over Earth to get revenge for what the humans did to him.

When the Allspark was destroyed, he met back up with The Fallen and they created plan C; which was to use the Sun Harvester to blow up the sun and harness the Energon.

After the Fallen's death, Soundwave informed Megatron that he had found the Ark and that he had raided and stolen most of the pillars and that he had a hidden an army on the darkside of the Moon. Megatron then revived plan A in a slightly altered form; rather than using the now destroyed Allspark to re-energise Cybertron, he would make the Humans strip mine Earth and then he would transport Earth's resources to Cybertron. He would also get Optimus to find the Ark and revive Sentinel from stasis lock.

Got it now?

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

On the second thing, IT'S been explained to death: He had three different plans running, one involving the AllSpark and The Fallen [in which he would use Sentinel to kill The Fallen then conquer shit with the Cube], the other involving The Matrix of Leadership [where he uses The Star Harvester to bring forth his army then backstab the Fallen] and one last involving Sentinel Prime [the one seen in DOTM].

All of his three planes are connected in some form, it's hard to understand.

5. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

1. Same thing I wondered. The only reasonable explanation would be that nobody other than Megatron knew of the plan. Him and Sentinel.

2. The real motive would be the Allspark. The motives added in ROTF and DOTM are in some ways a retcon, that is, something that was added later affecting the events shown beforehand. In ROTF, during the meeting of Megs and the Fallen, the former states that "I've failed you on Earth. The Allspark is destroyed", ergo, Megatron's true mission was to find the Allspark. With what was shown in DOTM, we can now know that he also was going to meet Sentinel...but would he have done it once he had the Allspark? Megatron probably would have gone power crazy with the Allspark and killed Sentinel. What happens in ROTF, the Fallen and all that, its just additional background now that the trilogy is complete, and it doesnt make sense. Why would Megatron need Optimus to revive Sentinel whe Optimus didnt even have the Matrix in the first place? Only thing that could explain it is that it was common knowledge that the Primes have the Matrix.

3. They were killed by Sentinel...at least the novelization says so.

With the films, it is almost pointless trying to find the way to explain plot holes. For every one you seem to fix, you find like 30 new ones.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Starscream was the one who shot down the Ark and he never knew of the Deal in the comics Megatron evne tried to stop Stasrcream from attacking the Ark but He failed

also the twins never died, they are alive u can see them briefly in alternate mode in the movie

7. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

plotholes...but dont care since the movie can be seen as three seperate flicks...

8. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
  9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Sentinel killed them,they would have been exiled and would have been in chicago if they were alive

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    no no u misunderstood. i was saying the twisn NEVER DIED Before the movie took place

11. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

What to me doesnt make sense, its all the 60's stuff made by the Decepticons...that doest fit in any of the explanations given, even when Megabattimus has clarified many plot holes of the movies very well.

12. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Oh,ok :) 

13. OptimusPrimer25

OptimusPrimer25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    go to the transformers wiki, look up CONVEGENCE it helps explain some stuff like how there was a space bridge on Mars and how the Fallen got free from his coffin

14. OptimusPrimer25

News Credits:
    go to the transformers wiki, look up CONVEGENCE it helps explain some stuff like how there was a space bridge on Mars and how the Fallen got free from his coffin

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Megatron had his own seperate "mission." When the Allspark was fired from Cybertron, it threw a giant wrench in his and Sentinel's plan. He chased after it, The Fallen and other Decepticons followed, him, but Megatron was lost, the Allspark destroyed and their means to make a new one totaled. So The original plan to use the Allspark to repair Cybertorn was ditched in favour of using the Spacebridge Sentinel had to bring Cybertron to Earth and unslave humans to do it the hard way.

Obviously the plan suffers a bit from "we hadn't planned past one movie"-itis, but with minor wiggling it fits.

16. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Already explained in another thread:

17. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

It seems chasing the Allspark alone was hardly a plan right? And Megatron being Number 2 to the Fallen doesn't fit him right? Nobody commands the Decepticons but him right?

Thing is Megatron had a Plan. But it all went to The Pit thanks to Luck or Fate.

It all fits!

For one thing Megatron knew where the Allspark is going to crash because Sentinel Prime told him as he defected.
    [​IMG]

The Ark with its sophisticated sensors knew where it was headed. Megatron went ahead to take it. Or Sentinel arranged its trajectory towards Earth.

But wait what about the Fallen and Sentinel Prime? The Fallen wanted every bot named Prime dead. Here's the thing Megatron had Sentinel Prime's death faked!

Megatron wanted to use Sentinel Prime to kill the Fallen. Consolidate his leadership on both factions by killing the Decepticon founder and having support of the Autobot founder.

They were supposed to rendezvous on Earth but Megatron got iced. Unfortunately the Space Bridge used after the escape malfunctioned brought the Ark at the wrong time or space. Or the Ark was too damaged to make it in time.

With Sentinel in stasis he never got a wake up call and the Ark eventually plowed on the moon.

Soundwave and Laserbeak, tracking the Ark, who were in the know of Megatron's plan hid a sizable army on the moon keeping it secret from the Fallen and Starscream. This fleet were reported as looking for the Allspark elsewhere in the galaxy. Organized raiding the Ark of the Space Bridge pillars on the Moon and waited for Megatron's return setting up human agents around Earth.

The Seekers have been trying to look for the Matrix. Its so hush-hush secret the Autobots did not know about it. But Wheelie knows... And he worked for Soundwave.

Jetfire believe the Fallen was an bunghole that abandoned them. What if Soundwave did a little "creative accounting" of his own. These guys are listed off as dead. Hampering their efforts. And having little spies like Wheelie track them down so they wouldn't get in the way of the plan.

18. Guiformers

Guiformers Well-Known Member

yes but lacked one thing, the Megatron Optimus said the matrix was more in no time before he never had three transformers the matrix, and because he said this?

19. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I know of the stuff in other tie-in material, but here's what I gathered from watching the movies without the use of the comics/novels/whatever:

1. If the Decepticons watched the Ark fly off the way spectators watched the space shuttle launches, the whole plan would have been blown wide open. Sentinel and Megatron's plan was probably kept under heavy wraps, and not many Decepticons knew about it. Or, who knows - since Bumblebee seemed pretty capable of flying a Decepticon craft for the first time, who said those were Decepticons firing on the Ark? They might have been Autobots who got wind of the plan and tried to halt it with stolen 'Con tech.

2. The plan was originally to have the Allspark in Decepticon custody, and all the power would be theirs. Simple enough. But because a few meddling Autobots are around, things change a little bit.

PLAN A: The Allspark was launched, Megatron secretly strikes the deal with Sentinel Prime to transport Cybertron to Earth, where Megatron knew, from The Fallen, that the Allspark was headed. Megatron follows it, but is buried in the Arctic. Then somewhere in there between 10,000 years ago (Megatron and the Allspark first crashing on Earth) and before Optimus left Cybertron, Sentinel begins the voyage, but is shot down (see my reasoning above). DOTM's prologue happens, then Soundwave and Laserbeak, tracking the Ark, show up with a bunch of Decepticons to salvage the cargo aboard the Ark to get the final phase of the grand scheme into place, that's where we get our sub-plot with humans in cahoots with the Decepticons, ending the Apollo program. Movie 1 happens - the Allspark is destroyed.

PLAN B: ROTF happens. Megatron and The Fallen go through with their new scheme - find the Matrix and activate the Sun Harvester. The sun would be destroyed and converted to Energon, and the Matrix would be used to revive Sentinel, and the Decepticons would be happy. And because Megatron seemed to REALLY desire being top dog in DOTM, there's a good chance he'd have attempted to assassinate The Fallen, but we'll never know since the plan ultimately failed.

PLAN C: Left only with the final touches to his previous intentions, Megatron makes it his ultimatum - DOTM happens.

Bonus Answer - I agree. Going by the movies alone, I say the Twins died in a previous event.

20. OptimusPrimer25

News Credits:
    heres what i think based on the prequel comics: the fallen wanted megatron to create an army for him. Megs commisoned the nemesis captained by sondwave to find the star harvestar/matrix. megs then bred an army of hatchlings which feed of the allsparks energy for the fallen. over time the war ravaged the planet, so megs made a deal with sentinel that sentinel was to find resources to rebuild cybertron with, this happens b4 the allspark was sent into space. and they would call a truce. sentinel knowing about the fallen knew where the harvestar was on earth. they decided to meet on earth (based on coordinates only). after they would get the energon from the harvestar and sentinels resources they would teleport back to cybertron via space bridge.

that was most likely the plan. if u have any questions with my theory feel free to ask.