plexiglass display shelves or boxes

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Zoltaire, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Zoltaire

Zoltaire TFsource Emissary

News Credits:
    I was wondering if anyone knew where to get plexiglass/clear boxes or shelves for display purposes. I've been looking around and can't seem to find squat when it comes to clear display items. Thanks in advance.

2. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
  3. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Hmm...I know that Michael's (and probably other craft stores)...have the clear display boxes for baseballs, footballs and dolls...you may want to try there...for the shelves you may want to try glass...I THINK it's cheaper...and you could go to a glass shop and have them special cut the glass to your dimensions...I did this when I needed a glass top for my fish tank...

4. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Ahhhh! Deja vu! :) 

Not sure they have them in PA, but look up a place called "TAP Plastics", they have a very wide range of plastic products and also do custom jobs. And...they sell Energon cubes in numerous sizes.

5. Zoltaire

Zoltaire TFsource Emissary

News Credits:
    thanks!

6. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm not so sure about the plastic or plexiglass materials, but I just bought 2 awesome curio cabinets with a light hook up from Big Lots, they were $169 a piece and I grabbed the last two they had left. They have a nice woodgrain, they are about 60" high, 32" wide, and doors on the sides. I spent the afternoon building one of them, and I'll probably finish up the other one tomorrow. Its going to be a while before my TF are in the shelves though b/c I have so many things to move into the new place, and I still have the lovely task of having to pack all my TF's from my parents house. I have hundreds of feet of bubble wrap I got for free, so its all good, but its gonna take a while. I'll get pics up of my collection at some point this summer I hope! Peace.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I got an idea from someone else's collection pics. They bought those 10 gallon fish tanks from Wal-Mart. You can get five of them for $50 and they stack nicely. A clear five shelf display for less than half the cost of the cheapest curio I've ever found.

**EDIT** Here's the post with the pics http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1075568&postcount=21

8. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    WOW! That fish tank thing is frickin awesome! I'm gonna have to try that.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i might try something like that for my more valuable transformers, how ever if i put them inside them, then i won't be able to play with them as much any more... hmm

how strong are they?

10. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Pretty strong...they hold about 100 pounds worth of water...