Pleaseeee Can any 3rd party group produce BW toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Voyager sized Rhinox, Dinobot and Silvorbolt are musts. I'd also be all over a well done articulated Scout sized Rattrap, be it original or Transmetal.
    And keep that awful Neo Unicron in the garbage bin.

2. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

SO its not just me then that wants this to happen?

3. CobramusPrime

CobramusPrime energon on the rocks

This would be a great idea I'd like to have a masterpiece style or an added gimmick Rattrap, like popping open his forearms for some extra explosives. Always wanted that for him when I was younger and Dinobot, man the possibilities are endless.

4. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So like all these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All are third party Transformers that came out in 2012 and are NOT g1 or movie related. They are G2, Energon and original characters.

Plus there is all that Dr. Wu stuff for TFPrime.

5. Rdfnd1253

All similar in design to G1 and based off car/bikes/boat concepts.....pretty lame after all the car/bike/boat designs we have seen since 2002 and on.

6. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I stand by my post. Nothing G1 there. If you call all cars, planes, tanks, motorcycles and constructions vehicles G1, that's your problem. They are G2, Energon and original characters.

7. Rdfnd1253

That is true...but they are all the same concept as G1....I rather something different by one of the 3rd party groups. I understand G1/car transformers and so forth are more popular, fine, but to have sooooo many companies producing similar figures is boring in my opinion. You are free to feel however you want, but I think there are enough BW/BM fans that if a 3rd party went that route and produced figures of current characters or new designs of them, that they'd make a profit.

8. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

NO. Def not.

Unfortunately, here is what appears to be the situation.

Hasbro has told collectors/adult fans that what they like doesn't sell and isn't marketable.

Last year, the 15th anniversary of Beast Wars, only one item was released, and that was the DVD sets by Shout Factory.

Takara hasn't done anything ORIGINAL with Beast Wars since the Henkei/Universe junkers, and insiders have told us that they have no interest of doing ANYTHING outside of G1 for Masterpiece.

Doing BWs figures justice is too much even for the best customizers and 3rd party groups. Take just about 2/3 of the animation models...Most are not doable. The others are fairly close. The more mechanical, the more "doable" a figure is.

Some Garage Kit companies or 3rd Party groups could make some parts....

A kit to give Barney Megs a left hand and make the tail removable.
    Different folding rhino-kibble, arms, or head for Rhinox.
    Smaller, flexible feet or flexible tail for 'rig Rattrap.
    Different 'bot head or claws for Scorponok.
    Flamethrower and different head for Inferno.
    Different insect appendages (and [ass?]) for Waspinator, as well as a different head.

Etc.

So, I think people like Honda Saint and HeadRobots might be the best hope, but they aren't really interested in the Beast era, it appears.

9. Rdfnd1253

Well i am willing to help get this idea off the ground....is anyone good at using 3d printers or so forth so we can get a BW fan figure made? I was even thinking we could use some designs of a member on here, Jazz, who designed a futureristic take on what BW would be like if it was in the future. I would ask to use designs of course, before using, but I would like to see something made.

10. ubertenorman

ubertenorman Well-Known Member

I would love for this to happen.

A screen-accurate Blackarachnia (season 1-2) should be top priority, closely followed by a Voyager sized Rhinox.

Then either parts to fix Silverbolt's wings so they're more screen-accurate or (preferably) a Mega sized version so he's more in scale.
    And a better version of Terrorsaur.
    And a replacement head for Waspinator.
    A weapons pack for Dinobot and Rattrap.
    Some sort of added part so Transmetal Rattrap's backpack can spin around like it's supposed to.
    New version of season 1 Cheetor so he can see over his head and doesn't have the proportions of my grandmother :p 
    NEW PARTS FOR TM MEGATRON :p  so he doesn't crumble in my hands...
    New head for Airazor.
    Also, a repaint of the hypothetical new version of Cheetor into Tigatron.

Yes I have a list :p 

So many of the original figures are great and hold their own against modern figures that it makes the ones that need a little TLC stand out that much more.

Hopefully once Prime's over Dr. Wu (woo!) will start working on some of these things

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  11. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Screen accurate toys might be a problem with third parties trying to maintain deniability that they are infringing on Hasbro IP. The best you could hope for was some re-imagining of a character like Defender as Springer. You won't get a show accurate Blackarachnia, but you might get some NEW take on Blackarachnia.

12. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

BW toys were very competently made so not many really need updates. However I would love to see an Ultra sized Rhinox one day and a cartoon accurate 'original' Blackarachnia would also be pretty awesome.

Other great things they could make is a 'Dawn of Future's Past' Terrorsaur and Scorponok.

13. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Rhinox, Blackarachnia, Cheetor, Rattrap, Terrorsaur, Megatron, Scorponok, Inferno, Tigatron, Silverbolt, TM2 Megatron, TM2 Blackarachnia, TM2 Cheetor and TM2 Dinobot could all use better, more show accurate toys.

The rest are fine though for the most part, save for perhaps their head sculpts.

14. Rdfnd1253

Anybody know of people who design some of these custom 3rd party toys so I can contact them and propose my idea? I mean like a member here on the board?

15. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Until we have options for all g1 figures it wont be overplayed

Do agree some beast wars figures would be awesome. I personally would love ones small enough to interact with mp prime like in the show

16. Rdfnd1253

Any bw figures are good by me