Please tell me Bumblebee can actually talk

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Battle_Wagon, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Battle_Wagon

Battle_Wagon Active Member

Okay so from the TV spots, there is a scene where Sam points to what looks like Optimus Prime's Jetwings (which I suspect doubles as a flying vehicle for Sam and Carly). Sam asks Bumblebee, "You can fly this thing right?" Bumblebee makes some sounds. Sam says, "What is that, so so?"

But the question is can Bumblebee talk normally? Or does he continue using sound effects and talk through the radio?

I thought talking through the radio was very creative but come on, this is the third movie and I just thought that by this time they had finally found a voice for Bumblebee.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i dont think he will speak

3. thecollector

thecollector Will pet your dog

I hope bumblebee does, its been long enough for ratchet to fix him, I mean if it isn't then the autobots need a new medic.

4. tpainzbro

tpainzbro Well-Known Member

He didn't talk in the first, second, and he won't talk in this one either. JUST ENJOY THE MOVIE. Like it matters by now anyways.

5. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I guess not. Oh, well, it doesn't bother me too much. I kinda like the radio/tv/movie soundbites they use.

6. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Technically, Ratchet has had over 100 years to fix him, depending on what continuity you're looking at. In the comics, Megatron ripped out Bumblebee's voice transmitter at Tyger Pax after the Allspark was ejected into space. After that, Megatron tracked it to Earth, crash-landed, and was found by Archibald Witwicky in 1897. So Bumblebee has been without a voice for at least 100 years.

My theory is that Ratchet is just having trouble finding the right replacement parts on Earth.

7. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    In the novel, when the Autobots are being forced to leave, Bumblebee actually does force out a few words to Sam. I seriously hope that scene is not cut, because it would be genuinely heartfelt moment for the character.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The new Megatron TV Spot has Bumblebee at the end...and guess how he responds to Sam when asked a question? RADIO BEEPS AND BOOPS. Talking Bumblebee is just OUT of the question it seems!

9. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

I don't mind at all. Its bees gimmick. Didn't really like when he said his few lines at the end of part 1. It didn't really go with him. Im actually more interested in what recording they'll use for his dialogue.

10. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    He actually did talk in the first

11. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Well there is supposed to be a scene where he
    chokes out an awesome ironic echo to Soundwave/Starscream.
    As long as he at least attempts to speak at some point I'm fine, the movie will be awesome regardless.

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    to the OP in the TV spot you are referring to Bumblebee shakes his hand and that is what Sam says "what is that so so ?" to

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Agreed.

14. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    If they made him speak in ROTF it would be a different story but... I think his beeps and radio sounds are just part of his character now.. sigh.

15. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    I hope he dies
    make all the kiddies cry.

16. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It may very well be that he prefers communicating the way he does. Think of it this way: If he'd had "throat" surgery, but Ratchet had to use sub-standard parts, then he *could* communicate by speaking (and has when it was important, such as speaking to Prime so that Sam could hear), but would prefer not to due to either the strain or because it hurts to do so. It's pretty clear from the first two movies that the Autobots have a non-verbal communication system that may or may not be as complex as speaking (I'd guess it's not as detailed, but it works for giving orders and coordinating in battle and the like), as they seem to have no problems understanding Bumblebee or getting information from him even without him talking. And I honestly don't mind 'Bee continuing to talk through nonverbal sounds and with his radio. It gives him a uniqueness that I feel was lacking in some other incarnations of him, and forces the audience to empathize with the character more, which I think is one of the reasons that he's become one of the most popular characters. When a character is responding nonverbally, you're forced to try to understand what they're thinking to understand their meaning. So in that respect, it's also a stylistic choice to help drive marketing towards the character they want, as opposed to, say, Jazz.

17. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes he did. He said "I wish to stay with the boy". I cannot believe how many people forget about that line...

18. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Maybe he doesn't want a voice. I like his radio voice it is unique and creative. Why does every bot have too have a "voice"?

19. hound88

hound88 Well-Known Member

Steven Spielberg turned bumblebee into a mute since the first movie.

Do you know what is missing from all the movie? The scene of Spike sitting in the car, no hands on the steering wheel, having a chat with Bumblebee. Or any scene like that with any other of the Autobots.

All Michael Bay wants to keep repeating is, the camera angle from human eyes, looking up to the robot, and they go "ooh wow, this robot is huge!". (boring).

20. hound88

hound88 Well-Known Member

Why didnt Jolt or Ratchet get Jetfire's voicebox and install it on Bumblebee? THat's some spare parts they could use.