Please Mr. Spielberg…Stop this madness!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Clu, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Clu

Clu Panzergeneral

Steven Spielberg has announced that his new project will be an adaptation of Harvey.
    This makes me sick. Why? This is one of my favourite movies. In general I can’t stand it when they take old stuff and make it new. Most time the new can’t hold the ground against the original and it shows lack of imagination and fantasy. But it gets personal when they take one of the things I love. Like Harvey. I really hope Jimmy Stewart doesn’t see what Mr. Spielberg is going to do.

1. Harvey is perfect. You can’t do it better.

Steven Spielberg Takes ‘Harvey’ Next - Movies, Reviews and More.

It can’t be done better! So please let it be!

[​IMG]

2. No one could play Elwood P. Dowd better than Jimmy Stewart.

Spielberg's Next: 'Harvey.' Yes, That One - Cinematical

There’s none!

[​IMG]

3. Don’t you have any own ideas Mr. Spielberg?
    Seemingly not!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you feel the same please post this where and whenever you can.

Thank you, Clu

Attached Files:

2. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I agree, hollywood destroyed the horror genre with remakes and remakes of remade remakes, but what can I do?

3. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

Don't watch them???!! :) 

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I wish. Most of my family and dumbass friends love putting them on. They're just there. How many times do we have to have a party while Final Destination 3 is playing in the background?!

5. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Original ideas are far and few between in Hollywood these days. I willing to bet Tom Hanks will be in this movie.

And wait for it. There's yet another Final Destination coming. I saw the trailer today. Sigh...............

6. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Eh, this is hardly what I'd call a hindrance to Spielberg, since not a single damn movie he's ever made can be considered an idea of his own.

7. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

harrison ford,how can that work?
    steve martin. no
    tom cruise. hell no.
    tom hanks. hmm... that could work.

i havent seen the movie Harvey. but jimmy is in. ill go rent it.

and this holy further proves that hollywood is low i original idea. but oh well.

i heard that either ANOTHER remake of The Blob or a sequel to the 1988 version is in consideration.

remember the idea of Robocop being remade a few years back? glad that it did not passed.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS

Just ignore it! I don't mind remakes. I want to see the remake to Seven Samurai (one of my favorite movies). If it sucks, Fine, we can go to jail, peaceful! But if it doesn't, then I get to see someone do justice to an amazing flm with new filming techniques, and Color. It's not overrated.

It won't change the way I see the old movie, it won't ruin it, BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL STILL EXIST. Stop being so damn overdramatic about remakes. You don't have to even acknowledge their existence. You have a choice.

9. red4

red4 Banned

Not true! He invented the Nazi oppression in Schindler's List... oh wait.

EDIT: What about ET and Close Encounters? They're not based on books, are they?

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was never an implication by him or anyone outside of fan worship stating that a director had to invent something. He's a director, not a writer. Cameron didn't invent Titanic, or Aliens. Their job is to make the material look good, and they know how to do it well, Speilberg definitely not excluded.

11. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

No, but "Close Encounters" is essentially a typical UFO sighting story jazzed-up to accommodate John Williams for the mother of all climactic concert lightshows, and "E.T." is basically "Close Encounters" with more syrup and an actual kid as the protagonist instead of Dreyfuss acting like he's 10. :tongue: 

12. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

Shia Labeouf. And Harvey will be CGI instead of invisible.

But seriously, most movies are adapted or at least based around some other source material, if not full-on remakes. Unless they go and burn all the prints of the original upon the remake's release, I don't see the problem. Don't watch the new version if it bothers you so much (sight unseen, even) and go enjoy the original; it's still there.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't know why, but I think a Harvey remake sounds cool.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I've never seen an argument presented entirely in motivational poster format. I wish I had an adequate poster for a response.

15. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Did someone say Harvey?
    [​IMG]

16. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    Jimmy Stewart dies years ago. I never saw Harvey either, synopsis?

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    i could not agree more i am tired of hollywood taking classics and ruining them it will be a long time beforei forget or forgive what they did to The day the Earth Stood Still

18. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Well, maybe if you guys didn't all badmouth ROTF he wouldn't take his executive producer-vengeance out on a classic. :) 

But in all seriousness, you knew a remake of this was coming because it's a classic and it seems Hollywood is on a classics remake kick as of late. I really honestly wish it were someone other than Spielberg associated with it since he's probably going to fill it with all sorts of schmaltz and warm fuzzies.

19. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

If you do, hopefully it will be at least the slightest bit funny, unlike any of those ones.

20. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Guy's best friend is a six three invisble white rabbit, named Harvey. He carry's his hat and coat everywhere. Opens doors for him. Insists on meals being served for him. His family puts up with it until he brings Harvey as his guest to a black tie ball. Then his sister tries to get him commited. I saw part of this when I was around 13. Hated Jimmy Stewart. Movie was rediculous, couldn't sit through it. One thing I didn't pick up on was that Harvey is supposed to be a pooka/puck. A shapeshifter of the fairy folk from celtic mythology and folklore.

It's also not an original idea. Hollywood of 1947 stole the idea from a play. ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!!