Please listen to my bands first uploaded song!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kraven, Oct 9, 2010.

1. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Hey everyone my band Slowly the Ashes... has been together about 3 months now and we've finally got a song up for people to listen to! We have really been working hard to get a good set of songs together so we can start marketing ourselves but recording a demo still seems to be a way off due to us being a bunch of broke-asses, so in the mean time we have recorded this track on a computer in our drummers kitchen (meaning its not the best quality) just to put something out there for the time being. So may I present to you, Recalling the Beast, by STA!!!

Click here to check out our Myspace page and hear our debut song!

It would really mean a lot to us to have you guys check it out and please give feedback! Good or bad! Thanks and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and im the bass player, just so ya know. :) 

2. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

You've got something there. Whilst it's not a style I'm particularly into (especially that vocal style) you can tell what you're going for.
    From what I can hear you seem pretty tight too, which for 3 months beats the arse of most of that bands I've been in.

What set up (mics, software and stuff) did you use for the recording?

Keep it up dude.

3. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Can't get it on my phone. WTF!!! kitchens have great acoustical qualities.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Eh, not feelin' it to be honest. Nothing against the genre either, as I do give it a listen now and then, but can't say I like this.

Keep up the work though, follow your dreams, and keep at it.

5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

to be honest, i like what i heard.
    REPEAT!

6. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

Music: Thumbs up

Vocals: Thumbs down. Too singy. More screamy.

End of Line

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Couldn't listen to much, it sounds like it's trying to mix the Sisters of Mercy with Dani Filth's vocals. I personally don't dig it.

8. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The vocals don't work with what the band is playing. The music is alternative while the vocals are screamo. It's not my tastes, but keep working on it. Suprised you've kept together for three months.

9. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

I like the music, but I'm not feeling the screamo. Atreyu's the only band I can stand with screaming like that. Keep working on it though, you guys definitely have a sound that will appeal to a lot of people and for only working together for three months you guys definitely have a lot of potential.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

You guys have one murder fucking drummer. Love it, the guitar could be a little louder, and heavier. The singing, well he isn't that bad at singing, but I would advise dropping the screaming, or have him practice if a little more. They aren't that clear either, but considering the conditions for everything, this was really cool. And playing bass alongside those drums must be something else man, cool shit. Keep it up man!

11. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    From Salem? SO METAL!

12. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    just the vocals, thumbs up on the band.

13. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Music: Fucking awesome
    Vocals: Meh..screamo..

14. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Wow! Thanks for all the feedback! Even from the peeps who dont like it. Seriously it means a lot you guys.

Well I play on and 5 string Ibanez Soundgear with active pickups runnin' through an Ampeg 1 15 Combo, its not much but it sounds sick and has a XLR line out so I run it through the PA system to play shows and it works great.
    Guitar 1 is an 7 string Ibanez run through a marshal half stack
    guitar 2 is uhhh shit idk i wanna say epiphone flying v tuned in B also on a marshal half stack
    drummer is playin on a basic POS set
    mics, and software, im not exactly sure on that.

thanks man! i know our drummer is really somethin', i always tell him that he's ruined me for other drummers. :lol  oh and ummm, the vox is a girl...:eek: 

I also want to add that we are aware of the screaming sounding shitty and we're currently working on that. Out of all of us she has the least experence and this is actually her first band but shes got mad potential. And so a major part of why we did this home made recording was to show her what she sounds like without being hidden behind loud-ass music. We figured that this would be a good tool to help her learn, practice, and grow.

Thanx again guys for all the feedback and please keep it comin'! And also know that this is just the beginning for us!

Also for those who like us, we've got a Facebook page that we're a little more in touch with, so if you've got a FB page head over to our page and click LIKE! You can aslo befriend me. :) 

15. jon

jon That dude from the forest

News Credits:
    The verse vocals are okay but I think with the right tools it'd sound good. The chorus vocal's are great. Nice dreamy feel. Not the biggest fan of the guitar but it works with the song. Could use more melody but oh well. I'm from Vancouver, Washington and find it funny you guys are from Salem. I'm into music and recording so I'll be back in December for the Christmas holiday. If you guys want a little higher quality than a kitchen let me know. :) 

16. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

Pretty cool setup. What are those Ibanez basses like? I need a bass for recording and they were one of the types I was looking at.

17. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Reminds me of Killswitch Engage. Your vocalist needs to work on his screaming, sounds like it's coming from the throat and that'll fuck it. He needs to learn to do it from the diaphragm. His singing isn't bad but def work on those screams.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The music is great, would sound awesome after the mix. Bet you all kick some shit live.

The vocalist is'nt bad, but his tone's too high. Almost like a bird squalking with a couple of lions.
    Maybe get something on that mic to lower his voice an octave.
    He also should add some layers. During his high pitched screams, add some low pitched scream (in tune) in the background. Hell, add about 4 or 5 of them, make it sound like there's a bunch of the same dude singing together.
    If you're going to exhale in a lash out tone like that, then atleast inhale like a beast.

Would also get more synths in there. Maybe experiment around with a keyboardist a little.
    Will add some atmosphere.
    Your stuff's awesome, keep playing.

19. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

That's a girl singing? Wow, she does have potential, It sounded great honestly, but I thought that was a guy, so that's something dude, keep it up.

Look up

20. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

So, I was totally humming this song in the shower this morning, it's unbelievably catchy.