Please Let There Be More Female Primes

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I hope, for "Transformers Prime" at least, that not all of the original Primes are male. I read that Solus Prime, who's a female, may be added. But one female Prime out of 13? I just find that stupid. Why would there be so many female Cybertronians but only one female Prime? Why do all the Prime's have to be male and be the leaders? I think they should make Elita One a Prime descendent too, just like Optimus is. If they're worried about Prime and Elita One being too closely related, as the G1 cartoon suggests, then have two original lineages then: the "Prime" lineage and the "One" lineage. Optimus can be from the "Prime" lineage and Elita can be from the "One" lineage. I just don't like the "Prime" lineage being a male-club only especially in a show where you have such prominent female characters already.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Oh, we go again...

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So you can imagine them licking Optimus' butt hole clean while pregnant and rabbits have sex in the background? No thank you.

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Oh please. Why the hell is it that when a female Transformer comes on board, so many Transfans think she automatically has to be put there for some stupid sexual reason only. The one thing I like about Arcee is that she's a character first and foremost. She's not there just to be someone's girlfriend. None-the-less, she's female and I think it's kind of dumb that they would put such well-writen female Transformers in the show but not any female Primes, original or descendents. And no, they don't have to exist to for the sole purpose of fucking the male primes and producing Optimus, and perhaps Elita One, as a result.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahahah! That is SO not the reason I said that.

6. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm relieved.

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    ... The... The 'One' lineage?
    :sly2: 
    No.

8. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound any dumber than the "Prime" lineage. Or "Team Prime"? Now that's cheesy and cough, cough. And just look at the names they give the original Primes. Nexus Prime? Megatronus? Sentinal Prime? Megatronus again? Really? Please. Those sound just as dumb, if not, even dumber. But hey, it's Transformers, so it's really all cool even if it may sound dumb to a non-fan.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ummm...you're talking about the "Original 13", not the "Original Primes" (there is a difference). For all we know the "Prime Lineage" isn't a part of the TFP universe (it's so far just a movie-verse thing).

As for only one of the Original 13 being female. One is better than none, and her existence is meant to explain female-looking TF's, even though there really aren't any separate genders in their race.

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Me thinks Spunky is like Elita-One's biggest fan!

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well...The Prime-war thing was on Exodus, and WFC implied [though it is open to interpretation] that Optimus was one of their descendants.

Besides, Having too much female members on the Thirteen would be awkward, as Female TFs are kind of scarce, having just ONE among the original Transformers to be female kind of explain how the male outnumber the females so much in Cybertron.

12. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I'm actually a bigger Prime fan, but Elita is a close second. And I would love to see her give Prime a good kick in the aft.

13. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Why should they be scarce in TFP just because they were scarce in that G1 cartoon where they were poorly written and poorly explained and pretty much forgotten about after just one episode? And even if the Primes don't have gender, why should they all look male. I am so sick of this garbage where male is the default gender. You either have gender or you're male. Female's a template as Solus Prime suggest but not male? Why can't you have a male template if you have a female one? So stupid and just when I thought Transformers was getting away from its sexist roots and expanding with the wonderful characters of TFP Arcee and Airachnid. Why not just make them all androgenous looking then?

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    :crazy: 

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not...

15. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I think s/he may just be confused.

16. Overlord Balder

You're not getting in the point: The Thirteen are a universal singularity, if we add one more female, we not only change TFP, but all the universes.

And in ALL of the universes [incluiding TFP, though in a lesser scale], Female TFs are vastly outnumbered by males.

...Are you suggesting the Thirteen should be gay or something?

That's a cultural thing, too late to change now.

Not exactly: Have you ever watched Hellboy II? Remember that angel of Death? It's that creepy shit male or female?

...The hell?

That's a Transfomer race thing [and because Transformers has always been like that, AND because TFs are by default male due being easier to design males, making females is harder].

That would be stupid.

17. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

At Botcon, it was hinted at that TFP would not be following that silly little multiverse singularity so perfectly. That there could be deviations. And I'm sorry, but having a female as nothing more than a template is dumb if you are not going to have a male one. If they don't want to make any of the bots actually male or female, but instead, male and female looking, that's fine! Just make them equally male and female looking because male is not a non-gender or a default gender. And having all the Primes just androgenous looking is no more stupid than having them male-looking. Hell, it's already been done in Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen. The Fallen, despite his voice, didn't look like he had gender all that much.

And no, just because the Thirteen possess no gender doesn't make them gay because you can't be gay or straight if you have non. Hell, they have a much greater chance of being gay if they consist of all males or all females.

18. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

No, I'm not confused. Just trying to let others know that male is not the default gender.

The TFP writers are trying to get a wider female audience. Well they can start by weeding out some of the sexist elements like having only all the important high ranking characters all male and all the subordinate characters female. Please don't let Elita One be Prime's subordinate if TFP has her in the series. Make her a bot of equal rank at least and have her command her own crew somewhere out in the cosmos. Make her a badass and develop her own character first. They can meet and fall in love later on.

19. Overlord Balder

It's not about TFP, it's about the THIRTEEN, the guys that pretty much REPRESENT the multiversal singularity.
    That would screw up with all other universes.

..You DO Know that almost all of the Primes shown until now are male, right?

The Thirteen were the original TFs, they served as "prototypes" to the others Transformers.
    Having most of them to be male and only ONE to be female would explain how male TFs outnumber females.

Too late pal, Transformers have gender since G1.

...WHAT? Alright, he looked weird as hell, but it was quite obvious he was male [mostly because of his voice, but still].

...You should seek help.

One of the THIRTEEN [the goddamn Thirteen, the guys who RULE THE FREAKING PLANET] is female, that's enough.

That's pretty much wanting to put feminism where it doesn't need: EVERYONE is Optimus's subordinate on this show, having Elita-One as a higher rank than him would be a stretch and feel forced as hell.

Instead of worrying with females having a higher rank than males, people should worry if they're good characters or not and just not give a damn about the ranks.

20. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

No, Transformers deserves gender equality like everything else, especially if you want to get a wider female audience. Having just one female Prime is just like putting Smurfett in the Smurfs and saying, "Hey look. Were not being sexist anymore. Women have an equal role now." Solus Prime is the Smurfett of the TF Primes. And part of writing well written characters is giving them all the resources and potential of male characters. That includes the potential for at least equal rank. I don't think Prime is the only high ranking TF out there or else they wouldn't call his team "Team Prime". There must be other teams out there with other leaders with equal ranks. I say make Elita One one of those equal ranks with her own team. What's wrong with that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.