Please , I need Help from fellow collectors..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PrimulArchangel, Jan 25, 2012.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all.

I am having a problem over on ebay with a buyer. They bought a bunch of Robot Heros from me a few weeks ago and now all of a sudden they opened a claim saying that what i sold them was not as described. This was there responce in the claim.

""This is not in new condition it is used. There is scotch tape holding the packages closed, on all of them. This is not what I ordered and I would like a refund""

Now the stuff i sent them was all factory sealed and anyone that collects TFs knows that hasbro has used those fold over flaps on the back of the card and they are taped down. I believe that is what this person is talking about and thinks that I taped them down.

Can anyone help me out here and please make a post stating that what i told them is true, and that this is how hasbro sealed the toys and i did not tape anything.

If anyone has some sealed Robot Heros can you please post pictures of the back of them to show how they are sealed so i can show the people at paypal for proof..

This person has to be a new collector or parent or someone tryong to rip me off or something and im not going to let them get away with it. I have never ripped anyone off on ebay or here on TFW or any other TF forum.

I would be greatful if i could get some help on them so i get this case closed.

Thanks in advance :) 

-Curt

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

For the most part on figures today hasbro still uses tape to hold the flaps because the glue does not always hold the best. I remember seeing plenty of ROTF Legends that were not taped and the bubble fell right off. I have also seen this on scouts. So general they do tape to prevent this from happening. Also if it had been opened you can tell from the lines where the bubble was glued if the bubble was removed or it was cut open to prevent this but thats obvious in of itself.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/robot-heroes/barricade-movie/1369/2/5/

Shows the back of the packaging with tape clearly visible at seibertron.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  3. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

You could point out to them that the tape used to help keep them sealed is very clearly not Scotch tape, as they are welcome to compare it to 1) their own desk tape dispenser and/or 2) any toy currently on-shelves, as they all have this tape sealing them. If they had been opened and 're-taped,' the packages would either show clear cutting lines, or tears in the cardback where the paper and tape had refused to come apart cleanly.

If they still refuse, tell them you'll refund them only if they send you back the items in question, because at least that way you'll be able to sell them to someone who understands the way of the world better.

4. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Robot Heroes packaging had a plastic fold in the back held on by packaging tape.

In some cases the tape does not hold well and these suckers are a pain to keep MISB.

5. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i am just hoping that someone isnt trying to scam me and if they send the stuff back to me it will be something i didnt send to them. Stuff that that has been happeneing on ebay for a while now.

If anyone could post some pics of the back of the cards and how that are sealed i would be greatful . I no longer have any figures that are sealed in this way..

6. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I don't seem to have any sealed DXs left over from 09, but i hope this goes towards proving that
    Hasbro have consistently used tape on bubbles over the last several years.

Photos:

2008 Transformers Animated Optimus Prime:

[​IMG]

2010 Generations Blurr

[​IMG]

2011 Reveal the Shield Wreck Gar

[​IMG]

2012 Transformers Prime Wheeljack.

[​IMG]

7. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys i hope this will be enough to show paypal that what i told them is true. Its hard to explain this stuff to people that are not collectors.

8. havanowoncheese

I hope you checked the link i posted. Its robot heroes packaging and shows the tape! Hope it works out for you.

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup i got it :)  Thanks for all the help. I sent the photos onto paypal and to the buyer to show that what i was telling them was the truth. Now i just hope they realise it and do not try and rip me off.

10. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

You may want to email the AFA about this. They are the authority, after all.

11. havanowoncheese

Good again i hope all goes well for you and it works out. At least if you have to refund them you at least get the items back in the same condition.

12. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah IF they are not just someone out to scam me and they send me back an empty box or toys that they didnt even buy from me. Believe it or not it happens alot on ebay these days..

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I'm reminded of that thread in GD about Paypal and a violin.:rip 

14. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I hope all is resolved well. I find it's always the nickel and dime sales that cuase the most problems. Cheap folks want things cheap or free.

I have sold probably close to 100 MIB G1 transformers without issue.

Sell a five dollar HotWheels car and I get a claim......:crazy: 

15. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    The first thing eBay asks a buyer to do is contact the seller with the problem. If they made a claim before doing so you had no way to make a response to settle this . That goes in your favor right off the bat. they will also check to see if this buyer has a record of doing this in the past. I can't imagine someone trying to scam robot heros of all things so they are probably just clueless all the way around. I feel for you either way. It's always a big headache when you're dealing with eBay issues.

16. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah they didnt even go through ebay , they opened the claim on paypal saying that the item was not as described.. I checked the buyers feedback and the last time he bought something was back in 2005. So im guessing its just a parent or someone that has no clue and was buying it for a gift.

I sold them 9 sealed robot heroes sets for 60$ so it could also be someone looking to scam me and get there 60$ back and in return they send me an empty box or other toys that were not even mine.. It's happened to a few people i know, one guy got back a box with rocks in it.. So if this does end up with the buyer sending them back to me i will make sure to open the box up at the post office in front of the post master so if it does turn out to be a scam i can file charges there and with ebay/paypal...

17. havanowoncheese

Or get a friend to video tape opening it. Having a witness and video evidence if this happens will be good for your side to say the least.

18. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I'm not entirely sure a parent buying toys for the kids would care about tape?

I smell a secondary account.

19. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spoke to paypal today on the phone and what was great was the person i spoke was a toy collector and knew exactly what i was talking about. He reviewed all the information and pictures i sent in and closed the case in my favor.

Now is this buyer able to open another case against me or leave me negative feedback because he lost the case ? I never had to go through this before, can anyone tell me if thats allowed ?

20. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

No clue about opening another case, but if they do leave you negative feedback because of it, you can respond to said feedback and your response will be posted under their feedback comments.

Given your current feedback score, I'd say that you're in the clear even if that happens.

And if they do try to open another case, you can probably counteract with harassment allegations through either Paypal or eBay (or both).