Please Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LadyIronhide, Sep 28, 2009.

1. LadyIronhide

LadyIronhide Autobot Mistress

I have been thrown into a dire situation. I am being kicked out of my place of residence here in south FL. I have two options: take out a loan to rent/buy a place or move in with my parents in South Carolina. I am trying my hardest to avoid the second option. I have only known of obtaining a loan via my bank (wachovia) and the first time I tried, I failed. Since then my financial situation has altered for the better, but I fear I may not receive this loan. Does anyone have any suggestions? If this thread is shut down, then please PM your ideas. And Citibank is no longer processing loans out of Florida. I guess Florida is so f*cked eh?

Thank you all so much, I'm unbelievably distressed. x_^()

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Parents, while you save and plan. You'll also get some support which never hurts. Plus they probably miss you and stuff, those biscuits are going to get cold.
    Sorry about your situation, hope things look up. You're never too old to hang with the old folks.

Did you go wild when you were young and run off to Fla or something? u crazy mofo

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Parents. Sometimes they do understand....

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Are you a student?

How about roommates?

Get 5-6 and rents will get really cheap even if you have no personal space:lol 

The Parent option will allways be there as a second plan.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Parents, friends, roommate shares. You have no business taking out a loan for housing expenses unless you're buying a place (and if you can't rent out of pocket, you shouldn't be buying).

UNLESS!

You're a student. In which case, student loans should be available for housing.

If not, in with the parents!

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Did'nt think about the student thing, nesting with the parents would be a pain in the ass if you were.

Do you have enough $ to keep you stable for awhile? If you're broke broke, then I swear, nothing beats mom's cooking.

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    It doesn't make sense to take out a loan to pay rent, because at some point your gonna be paying the loan back and rent. So your gonna eventually pay double. I don't know how old you are, but young adults are always worried to go back to their parents. They will take you in with open arms. A father's love for his daughter is a special bond.

And take advantage of that because eventually they will not be around. My own father passed away a couple years ago. I was living an hour away and I hardly visited them for the previous six years before that. Go home and spend time with them.

8. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Parents and save up, if that's really not an option that you want to pursue, then you can always just rent a room instead of a whole apartment, with the current economic situation, I'm sure there are more people who would be interested in taking in a tenant if they have a spare room or something.

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

What? No join the army?

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    That comes later:lol 

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Parents, friends, and/or roommates are the best way to go. Just don't get too comfortable and become a squatter. People are usually happy to help, but can get irritated quickly.

Good Luck!

12. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Let me guess...the relationship with your parents isn't that great? I was in that situation about 10 years ago, saying it 'wasn't fun' is WAY understated. Hmmm...not many options other than that seems to me, other than finding a room with someone or going into the military (which generally also means moving your stuff back into your parents' place for a while...). Any friends that would be willing to let you crash on their couch for a while?

--Moony

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    unless they're really terrible, i'd say go with your parents. getting a loan in such shaky financial times (caused by loan giving) doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

or come to Canada. Seriously.

EDIT: get yourself a sugar daddy.

14. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

How far away is Dark_Convoy?

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    my place?

16. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:lol 

Maybe. But honestly, we've benefited nicely from the shitty economy and can afford to be a little pickier about who we take, on account of mostly meeting our recruitment targets. I don't feel the need to pimp my people as much lately.

* Plus I've been scolded not to. :D 

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    parents i know that you don't want to but its your best option as with no permanent address i fear you will have no chance at a loan, go to your parents and save up and get your own place

18. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    You can always do what I did when I lived in the Twin Cities and my roommate went nuts, killed her cat, and started spraying paint in the air because she liked the smell...

Go rent out a heated storage shed. Should be no more than 35 bucks a month. That'll give you a place to sleep.

Get a gym membership, usually about 15 to 20 a month. That'll get you a place to work off some stress and to shower.

Start looking for a job, because living in a storage shed is highly illegal. On the up side, you'll have hilarious stories to tell your friends in a couple of years.

Honestly, if you've got friends or family that would be a lot better. I was desperate, and sleeping in a dumpster just wasn't cutting it.

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I'll echo what others said and advise that you move back with your parents and save save SAVE so you can move out again eventually. Be super nice to your parents and you get to eat all those home cooking for free and save even more money! Keep your chin up girl at least you have a home to go back to.

20. LadyIronhide

LadyIronhide Autobot Mistress

Thanks everyone for the advice. The main reason I absolutely don't want to move in with the parents is because I'm FL born and raised. I love the country life but need the city too. My parents live roughly an hour away from a major city (Camden). The last time I tried to live there with them I ended up at Walmart and majorly depressed to the point I tried to commit suicide. I have no problems with my parents, its just too desolate for me and the fact that aside from them and my Nana and Papa, I know no one.

I have no friends able to take me in as they are either still living with their own folks, are moving away as well, or have no room for me to stay.

Side notes: Poho --> I've had people tell me to move to Canada. x_^ And do you know any sugardaddies? I've had sixty yr old men hit on me saying with their retirement they could treat me like a queen. That's a scary...scary...SCARY thought.