Customs: Please help with my gluing methods.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Terradives, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I am doing a classics jazz reshell. I've used classics Prowl as the base. So far he transforms almost identical to Prowl. The model's plastic I've used for jazz doesn't seem to melt with modeling glue. I'm having trouble with the doors. On the double jointed hinges I'm having troubles attaching those more than a day let alone permanently. These are the hinges that connect the door to the fenders. I cut them off prowl and shaved them down until they would fit into Jazz. I've tried modeling glue and a two part clear glue epoxy that I bought at Wal-mart. It dries superhard, but doesn't affect plastic at all. What do I need to do or use to get these hinges attached permanently? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    You could try scuffing up the surfaces that you plan to glue together to give the glue more surface area to 'bite' into.

Pics of what you're trying to glue, and the glue you're using, would also help.

- Alty

3. RumbleG1

RumbleG1 Active Member

As well as using the glue is there any way that you could drill a small hole and insert a pin through the sections that you are trying to glue together to give it more strength? I don't have the mold your using so I am not sure if it would be possible.

Seconded that pics would be helpful if possible.

4. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recommend zap-a-gap superglue. And a spray bottle of insta-set.

My insta-set brand is exlcusive to one store in savannah, GA. So, I would try an online store.