Please help w/ classification!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockblast2, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

My other thread was hijacked by a bunch of CHUG arguing. Don't blame yourselves it was my fault. I should have never put that in the title. Please help me classify the following HFTD figures. All others have been eliminated due to sharing a mold with a movieverse figure.

SCT Breacher
    SCT Hubcap
    SCT Brimstone

DLX Tomahawk
    DLX Hailstorm

VOY Seaspray
    VOY Highbrow

Please let me know if any of the above arein your classics collections and if not why?

*BONUS Q***

Do you consider PCC To be classics or movieverse. List why. Thanks!!!

2. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With the exception of Seaspray, I'd classify them all as movieverse. Seaspray I'd put in Classicsverse. Others may differ, and I'm interested how you all see it.

3. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

I kind of agree, but what about Breacher then? he is Seaspray's partner. And if you include Breacher do you not have to include Hubcap as well, since he is a new mold? And what about Brimstone, since Chopsaw is in RTS?

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    with the possibly exception of Seaspray and Breacher, they were probably all designed for the Movieverse (especially Brimstone, his bike mode is an homage to one of Mikaela's bikes), but I put them all with my Classics figures anyway because I think they make effective extensions of the line

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I put Seaspray & Breacher with Classics - exactly where they're intended to be in my personal opinion.

The rest: Movieformers

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The argument for Seaspray is that when Hasbro showed us the figure they told us that it was originally intended for CHUG.

The argument against Seaspray is that while it was originally intended for CHUG, they movie-fied it too much.

The argument for Breacher is that if Seaspray is CHUG then his partner should be CHUG.

The argument against Breacher is that the Seaspray argument is weak.

Pick what you like.

7. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

I assume you have Deep Dive in there too?

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No because I don't buy repaints like that.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    that is, of course, up to the interpretation of the individual. Seaspray doesn't look completely Classics-style, but he looks just as out of place on a shelf full of ROTF Autobots

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have (or had, since replaced w/Igear Spray) Seaspray on my Classics shelf. Breacher's in a box, but he could pose as Classics roller I guess, his design style works well enough imo.

The others... movie.

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, of course. That's why it's the argument against. The only other argument against is "It was released in the HFTD line so it's obviously not CHUG." is retentative.

12. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, I don't think you have to classify a mold as one or the other - just the character. For example, I'm fine with ROTF Lockdown as a classics toy, but Axer being a movie toy.

Also, I forgot about Breacher being Seaspray's partner.

13. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

I have Igear Spray too, but he is WAYYY too small to fit in with the Classics stuff. Plus, Seaspray is more physically believable as a Voyager than a legends. As a matter of fact the only believable elgends sized CHUG figures are Wheelie, maybe Gears, and the cassettebots.

14. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

I cannot follow that ideology. If a mold was created for the movies it cannot fit in with classics as they look too different. I wish I could follow that thought as I would have a hole filled for Beachcomber, Gears, Brawn, and Outback.........

I would love to use Brawn/Outback though as I love tht mold, but they would look funny next to RTS Jazz, UNI Prowl, etc.

Maybe it is Brawn in a new body after his was destroyed in the 86 movie? But, then how could explain Outback following suit? Upgrade perhaps?

15. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

How about Lugnut?

He exists in G1 canon and is an RtS figure, but to me he still feels more Movieverse.

Of course, I don't segregate my figures at all (except for Alternators, but that's for scale reasons) so it makes no difference, but I find Lugnut to be an interesting case.

16. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Like I said in the other thread man, it's all up to you. I personally have rts strafe, deep dive, hftd mindwipe, bludgeon, banzaitron, seaspray, breacher & hubcap all lumped in with my classics figs cause I like them that way. You might think they're too close to movie and keep them away from your classics stuff. Difference of opinion? Yep. Is either of us right? Nope.

17. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, Seaspray and Breacher reside on my Generations shelf. I just think they fit better there. Tomahawk is displayed with Generations as well; his headsculpt is just not movie-verse. I wish I had bought Highbrow when I saw him so I could make the decision with him...

The others sit with their movie-line brethren.

18. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Agreed.

19. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Lugnut is hands down CHUG.

WHAT ABOUT PCC? Classics or movieverse?

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

SCT Breacher - Classics
    SCT Hubcap - Classics (as Classics Hubcap, same dude as G1)
    SCT Brimstone -Movie

DLX Tomahawk -Classics
    DLX Hailstorm -Movie

VOY Seaspray - Classics
    VOY Highbrow -Classics Gobots (I don't care what anyone says, this is friggin' Bolt all the way; even his designation number "p+10" can be re-arranged to make the name: "b01+." So he stands alongside Classics Bugbite, Fracture, Backtrack, Deadlift, and the other Gobots that have made their way into the TF universe.)

Not that it matter (anyone can put them where they line), but this is how I classify them in my collection.

For the record, I also have both Terradive and Space Case standing with my G2 Classics. Lugnut is Classics, as is Lockdown. Bludgeon is with Classics, but his repaint Banzaitron is with Movie. Ha!

The few PCC's I have get kind of shuffled off into their own section, though I think I might have a few standing with Classics.