Please help me in this problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChrisLHanssen, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisLHanssen

ChrisLHanssen From the desk of TBSKLF

Please don't make fun of me on this problem I have and also not to ridicule me as well. The below is an example on why the reason I need help in. This is an copy I sent to my Senator and Congressman from Maryland. My problem is that due to my current situation which I'll explain later. I am in the need of some help getting a better PC than the one I currently own and if possible an XBOX 360 as well. Here it is:

I have been disabled since I was 7 because my father abused and molested me and I was placed in institutions from 8 years old to 21 years old. I was placed there because my father would threaten to kill anyone who would try to raise me. When I was 21 I had to move back to Maryland because my funding for me to stay in Devereux was cut.
    So I moved to my aunt’s house from 1991 to 1993 then I had moved to my fathers place because my aunt and I had a small falling out for a week. Anne Arundel Department of Social Services went to my father’s house to pick me up because I was found a place to live in a program called Project Homes. From 1993 to 1998 I was in Project Homes program. In 1998 to 2000 I was in a Residential Program that Omni House Mental Health has. In 2000 I moved on my own to Low Income Housing program that Anne Arundel County have. Here are the problems I have and can you please help me? Here they are:

1) Social Security Issues:
    I am being penalized because my wife and I are married. Both my wife and I are disabled and our SSI checks are our only means of income and can’t work at all. According to SSI since we are married they concider our finances together and because of this my SSI was cut from $603.00 to $144.25 and I am shorted $458.25 and I need that $458.25 because I need it to pay off some back bills that I need to pay and I need food with that money. According to SSI they can’t help a couple but helps the individual. The only way for me to get my SSI back to $603.00 is to divorce my wife Kelly Hanssen and I don’t want to do that. Getting Food Stamps are out the question because of our total amount we get in SSI is over the limit. I really need my money back and the only way to get it back is for the Federal Government to change the rules of Social Security Administration. I think that anyone who does get married and gets SSI they should not be penalized for it and should get the amount of SSI before they get married. My mother-in-law is angry with the Social Security Administration and the Government for what they did to me. My wife was crying because of this and so was I. I was checking my bank account from Bank Of America on Tuesday night at 4:00 AM because that is the time my Direct Deposit come in and the I found out that SSI took the $458.25 from me and I got the $144.25 and then I showed my wife and she was upset. I didn’t get any sleep that night and my wife only got 1 ½ hours of sleep and I tried to call SSA at 7:00 AM in the morning and then they could not help me and told me to call my local office and then I called them at 9:00 AM and I got no help and they hung up on me 4 times. So my mother-in-law took us to SSA Glen Burnie, Maryland office and was told of my situation and she didn’t like it. Please help me with this.

I can't work because I am in a low income housing that is provided by The Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County (HCAAC) and as I said before I'm on SSI (Social Security Income) and I get my medical insurance through my SSI. If I did work my SSI will be cut and so my medical insurance and my wifes and mine rent will go up to a point that our SSI and paychecks can't pay the rent. This happened to someone that lives in the same situation as I and my wife is. His rent went up so high both his paycheck and SSI could not pay it so he had to quit working. I can't have my medical insurance taken away from me. If I did work SSI will not count the first $86.00 gross income and any thing made after that they take for every dollar ($1.00) they take two dollars ($2.00).

So working for me is not feesable and no employer will not pay me under the table. I asked Gametrailers for help on this and because of this and other things I was banned.

Please help me and thanks for the help and not making fun of me.

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You're struggling to buy food and pay the rent but you want money for a XBOX360?!?!

Is there something I'm missing here?

3. Spoon

Spoon Banned

His disability is ADD?

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Is the disability mental or physical, and how severe is it? If it's merely mental and not all that severe, you should consider joining the Army.

5. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Honestly now, this is the general perception of the "welfare system," summed up in a few paragraphs.

You're essentially calling your own situation a catch-22 yet haven't(by your own description) explored the possibilities available. You're asking a politician help for the means to purchase a video game system and a PC despite the fact that you're struggling to pay for necessities.

I suppose I'm a bit confused as to how the mind wanders to this point.

6. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    Part of his disability maybe?

7. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm sorry but i'm lost as well. Where does the x-box, pc come into play here?

and btw, mental disabilities are one of the first things that will deny you military service.

8. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    You get $458/month if you divorce your wife? That's clearly the simplest and most beneficial solution. Remarry her later after you're exhausted from spending all the extra cash.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I have to echo the above. If you're struggling to make ends meet the last thing you should be worrying about is getting an Xbox 360, there are better platforms for gaming available on the market (i.e. PC)..err I mean, getting money to like live..and stuff.

10. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've got to agree with this. I cannot connect the dots here.

And this. If divorce will help your financial situation, go for it. If you two love each other, being married or not really will not matter. Although I don't know how common law relationships work down south, so maybe it would not make a difference if you live in the same place.

11. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Wait. You want more disability money so you can buy a better PC and an Xbox? I could understand if you needed more money for food, clothing, rent, etc, but for an Xbox, no.

I've paid into the system for 14 years now. Never been without a job for more than a month, if even that. But when my wife was off work after surgery a few months ago, we needed help paying our heating bill. We were denied because they told us we made too much money before she was off work. Its such bullshit, people abuse the system and get whatever they want, but people who actually need help can't get it. Now, I'm in no way saying you're abusing the system, but I'm saying that if an Xbox is the reason you want more money, then you're attempting to abuse the system. Find some other way to get those things, not your disability money.

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    If the reason you want more money is to buy a new PC and an XBox360 then I'm sorry, but you are a prime example of what is WRONG with the welfare system. If your reason is because you're behind on bills, then I feel for you. But you started your post with "I want a new PC and maybe an XBox360" ... so right now, I have no sympathy for you.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

May have to put the achievements on hold for awhile, I ope your ituation get bette though

14. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We'll take all sorts, but I'm not so sure about dude here.
    Well...technically, yeah. But c'mon, can you really say you've never met a soldier who was mentally ill? :lol 

Chris, dude, if you can't work for an XBox 360, you don't deserve one. Hell, go get an old-school Nintendo if you need video games. Why do you need the nicest console available? And your PC clearly works on the internet, so I'm not clear why you need a better one.

Also, divorce your wife. But short of that...I mean, what, you want us to give you money? We're already doing that, dude. Asking for more is a little greedy.

15. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is why people in this country have a hard time supporting social programs. If you had come out asking for health care, food, education, or even a temporary home, I'd be all over that. I'm sorry you had a shitty start to life, but to hell with my tax money going to by you a PC or a 360.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: The Poorhouse

17. Chaos Muffin

I think this is the root of your problem. If all else fails, get off SSI , and start filling out some applications. You can get some good benefits and you seem intelligent enough to get a good job. If a reason pops up that may make you think you can't work, just get that thought out of your head.
    All Im saying is dont fool or underestimate yourself.

You can even work right now, just let SSI know. They'll just stop funding you becasue you have a job, and won't deduct (or completely take) your tax returns.

You're not trapped if that's what you're thinking. It just wont be easy rising above, nothing ever is.
    The journey will make you a better man

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CM is the nicest guy on the internet.

19. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Your mother-in-law sounds like she is on your side. Maybe if you get a job, you can live with her for a couple months till you're in a situation where you can rent. The XBox and new computer will have to wait, but once you get on your own feet and get situated you can start accumulating "things" again.

20. Chaos Muffin

Sometime's the obvious route is too easy, and you end up going the other way. The rite way lulz

edit-
    Yay, OPS is posting again

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.