Please help me identify this game?!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by VaderPrime1, Jul 20, 2011.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Ok, when I was younger (like the early 2000s or late 90's) our family got our first computer and it came with WildTangent games (I think that's what the game was on) and there was this game that I could never get away from...

It was a top-down (with an angle, not directly top) (survival?) game and it was set on water planet. (so sci-fi) And you started out in an underwater research base and you piloted a futuristic underwater attack vehicle which very much resembled a Cylon raider from Battlestar: Galactica.

It was the type of game where you had to search the area and you started out with a blank map and it showed the areas once you had been there, so you had to search. And along the way you;d encounter various types of underwater aliens that were of different sizes and they looked like lobsters (two claws in front and a tail in the back) but they swam and didn't crawl.

You could also find parts around the bottom of the ocean and in return you could upgrade your ship. I remember only play one level and I can't remember if that was because I could never get past it or it was a trial and that was the only one you could play, bu I do remember that you had to find this teleporter looking thing and get in it to finish the level, but there was a giant queen-type boss that you had to fight, which was a larger version of the "babies."

Sorry for the long description, but I was just putting out what I could remember. Hopefully it's enough for someone to know what I am talking about.

P.S. - I'm not for sure if it was a part of WildTangent, but that name keeps coming back to me.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, it sounds familiar and pretty awesome, but I cannot place it.

3. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

X-Com had an underwater thing like that, I think. Terror from the Deep or something like that

4. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I spent hours on it. It was so fun and the first time I played it I was like 8 or 9 and I rememeber that it scared the crap outta me when the aliens showed up. :lol  It's gonna bug me until I find out what it is. :banghead.

I looked up some gameplay of that and it wasn't it. This game had better graphics... if I remember correctly it was on par with maybe PS2 graphics.

5. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

Was it called TigerShark? It came out for the PC in 97 and had a PS1 version too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  6. Xeron

Xeron Well-Known Member

Aquanox?

7. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Nope not it yet. :( 

8. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    OMG I found it!

Dark Orbit

The original one, not the stupid remake they have now. It was discontinued, but I hope I can find a copy of it. It's hard enough even finding info on it without it being about the new one instead.

Anyone remember this game?

This is all I could find on it so far:

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/webgames/action/dark_orbit.shtml