Please help me decide!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by kraven, Feb 4, 2010.

1. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Hi all, I am finally getting a PS3 and I need help deciding what game to get first. I have really been out of date with gaming for a long time and I really dont know much about what is out right now but I've done some research and I think I've narrowed it down to: Elder scrolls 4 or Dragon age: origins.

Im really leaning towards Dragon age because I loved the Kinghts of the old republic games and it seems a bit like those. But I REALLY liked Fable and Ive had some friends tell me that Oblivion is a lot like that but of what Ive seen online it looks a little weak.

So geeze, Idk, help me out guys :)  also Im open to suggestions, just know that Fable, Knights of the old republic 2, and Twilight Princess are my favorite games ever!

Thanx

2. kraven

kraven Decepticon

anyone?

3. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

you could try looking up reviews online, try googling. personally i see this exact sort of thread in this forum about 500 times a week so i wouldnt be surprised if no one replies.

4. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Alrighty then.

I've looked up reviews galore but I just wanted a personal opinion and thought this woud be theperfect place to ask. Guess I was wrong.

But thanks for your reply.

Sorry to take up forum space guys.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Oblivion= very good game with tons of content

Dragon Age= very good game with tons of content

Both are on 360 also.

Disgaea 3 is one of the only excusive rpg's on ps3 but it's more of a strategy game.

6. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I second on Oblivion,great and long game.

7. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Oblivion != weak! That game has lots of stuff... tons of stuff. So much stuff that you'll loose inventory space over it. *rimshot* Oblivion is one of those game's that really does reward you for exploring. So many dang dungions and caves, and ruins oh my! Some times the loot in there might be junk, other times, you might just get the very best sword in the game. There's lots to do, and many different ways of doing it. I could just pick a direction to walk to, keep walking that way and I'll eventually find something.

Dragon Age: Orgins is also a great adventure. Not as spread out as Oblivion, but all the characters and content are "jucier", if that makes sence. Also, Dragon Age is a very challenging game. To over come these challenges, its not about a simple "go out and level up" grind. Most of the time, you'll have to make the most of our items, you and your parties abilties. I wont say that the game has a steep learning curve, but there is a bit of getting use to it.

8. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Thanks for the imput guys! I think I'm going to go with DA.

Also anymore opinions on the subject are welcome!

9. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    I'm not a big PS3 player, but I'm surprised Uncharted 1 & 2 haven't been mentioned.

10. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I'd seriously consider putting Disgaea 3 on that list, but that's not a big adventure game, so you may not be into that.

But out of your choices, I'd go with Dragon Age. My brother has been glued to that game, and he's never really liked games like that before, so I guess its great.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Such a HATER!!

I think it's because he wants RPGs, and Uncharted sux.

12. DaggersRage

Bwwwwwaaaaaahhhhh?! :eek: 

What'd I do wrong?

13. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Alright dudes, I hate to ask another opinion but I just came across, Demon's Souls.

How does that match up against Dragon Age? It seems really cool too! I read that DS has less story but is still cool. I like story but would be willing to sacrafice a little for a lot of awesome (which DS seems to have). Is there still character interaction talking and decision making in Demons Souls?

Sorry to ask so many questions, its just that Ive been waiting a LONG time for a PS3 and a new epic game to play and I want to be sure that I get the best game. The fact that I am extremly indecisive does not help one bit! :banghead:  :tongue: 

14. DaggersRage

Demon Souls is more action oriented. The most character interaction you're going to get is buying stuff from shops, and finding other "lost souls" online, aka other players to help you out. The game is a challenge, and merciless. Death in the game is pretty harsh, it's not a simple "game over", that would be nice compared to what you have to suffer. When you die, you come back, enemies respawn, and can only hold a portion of your health, not the whole thing. I forget what it's call but you basically run around in some sort of ghost form.

You can still continue the adventure, but loosing out on that extra health makes things all the tougher, thats where you can team up with another player online, help him kill a boss, and you're revived! Dunno how it works, but you can also be a jerk and kill another online player and get revived that way too.

15. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Hey, one more question about Dragon Age: In battle, can you control all your characters at the same time? I know that you can switch between them but can you set up a series of attacks you want to do with one character then switch to another while still carrying the commands? I know you could do that is Knight of the Old Republic, is it pretty much the same? Because if so I think Dragon Age will officially be the one I get first.

16. DaggersRage

Yuppers, Dragon Age is more similar to KOTOR than Mass Effect.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol, I don't even remember.

What's sad is that some wars are started this way :lol 

18. DaggersRage

You crossed the line man, have at you!

:duel 

Just kidding of course.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can be Zorro and you can be Prince Valiant.

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    2 years ago I would have said Oblivion without question but Dragon Age kills Oblivion.