PLEASE Help Me Decide......MP Grimlock Or Henkei Seekers.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i got mine for like 32 after shipping i think...from this guy

edbomber's Profile - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards

and i'd get the seekers now, and grimlock at tax time...

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Seekers. As people have said they're exclusives while Grimmy is a mass release. I think you'll still be able to pick up an MP-08 a couple of months down the line.

3. mulanzo

mulanzo Dinobot

Grimlock. I just bought the MP Starscream yesterday, today I ordered MP Optimus 20th Ed, and I also preordered Grimlock.

I went on a Masterpiece binge!!

Back to you...How could you even think those three planes are worth the beauty that is Grimlock? They are all the same mold with different paint. I mean seriously... Sure the value may jump through the roof, but they're ugly.

4. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Getting all of those is not an option RIGHT NOW.
    MP Grimlock will still be around for a long, long time.
    Don't worry about availability, just get the one you like the most, and wait to get the other. It's not like you will never have money ever again...

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd get Grimlock, but then again, I've already got good Classics Seekers, and don't really need any more. That and I'm a big Grimlock fan, although I'll be waiting for Hasbro's version of him, as it'll be cheaper and easier for me to get, and there's a chance he'll be better than the one Takara puts out.

6. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I decided not to get the seekers after I saw BBTS price for Dirge and Thrust. $85 ea. for deluxe sized toys? C'mon!!

I've come to the conclusion that only mass release Seekers will be in my collection so therefore, no Botcon/Henkei exclusive seekers in my future......that just cost way to damn much!!

I'll probably have to wait and see if Hasbro releases MP Grimlock as a store exclusive in the USA. Then again, I may just pay the $140 at tax time.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They most likely will, as he is one of the more popular characters over here, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a wide release instead of a store exclusive. I think Animated Grimlock will help with that, as it'll get kids interested in the character. That and Dinosaurs seem to do really well over here. I was one of those kids that for a bout 6 or 8 years got at least a couple things each Christmas that had something to do with Dinosaurs. Even more so when the Jurassic Park movies were big. I just hope that if he is a store exclusive, that he's NOT a Walmart exclusive. Target, or even TRU if need be, would be much more preferred, imo. Depending on when he is released, where he is released, and how big he actually is, he could cost anywhere from $60-$80, or even more if he is larger than Prime, here in the US once Hasbro releases him. Personally I'm going to wait for their version.

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Well except for the Thundercracker you have a lot of time to decide on the other ones. Not like you need to make an order 5-6 months ahead of time.

But 'which of the two' wise I think it depends on whether you're after enjoying the figure as a figure or after 'rarity'. The seekers will be more rare, but let's face it, they're just repaints or slight remold repaints of what we all already have.

9. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I'd get Grimlock.

I realize that the Seekers are store exclusive but they are nowhere near as rare as the Botcon ones. The Henkei Seekers are made to order. I'd be curious to find out how many of Henkei Skywarp and Thundercracker were made. BBTS still has over 250+ sets available.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Seekers, at least you know the mold is ace. I'd wait and see what other people think before considering Grimlock, and even then, I'd say its highly likely he'll see a US release.
    DN

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    this. definitely go for the seekers