Please help identify these not-transformers from the 80s

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by AdmiralSnackbar, Dec 31, 2010.

1. AdmiralSnackbar

AdmiralSnackbar Well-Known Member

Hello friends, daily lurker who never posts here.
    As with many of u I have been trying to rebuild my transformer collection I had as a kid. My parents weren't very well off so I didn't actually have a lot of real transformers.
    I am trying to identify a line of transformers I had that I think I got from kb toy store. They were birds and insects I think on cards. I remember a
    Blue eagle and an owl both with vac metal looking parts. I think the bad guys were insects and the good guys were birds. They were larger than the insectacons I think about the size of classics bumble bee. I'm positive they weren't go bots or transformers.

Mods please forgive me if this was already answered in a thread a couple years ago I have tried to search the forums and can't seem to find an answer. I know it's not usually encouraged for people without a high post count to start a new topic but I'm really trying hard to find these guys. Hope I don't cause any trouble and mean the highest respect to those who have posted more than me
    Thanks

2. Dys

Dys Bitter yellow dog.

News Credits:
    Sounds like the Avarians and the Insectors from Select's Convertors Toyline. Like Transformers and Robotech, they licensed a bunch of designs from defunct Japanese toylines, even releasing a few lesser quality versions of some Takatoku designs that were used for Transformers like Whirl, Roadbuster and the Deluxe Insecticons.

3. AdmiralSnackbar

AdmiralSnackbar Well-Known Member

That is them! Thank you so much

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah was going to say Convertors. Fun little toys.

BTW, HTML is turned off for signatures, so you'll need to switch to BBCode if you want to get your link working.