PLEASE HELP!!! Dying constantly!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by TLantMAGNUS, Jul 20, 2011.

1. TLantMAGNUS

TLantMAGNUS Member

I have WFC on Ps3. I am a decent player when it comes to most games online. However, WFC seems to be the exception. I am constantly at or near the bottom of the ranking ladder in team deathmatch.

What I am seeing is me dying for two main reasons: 1) 1-2 shots from enemy weapons, be it an SMG, Neutron Aslt Rifle, or whatever. 2) Enemies seem to appear out of nowhere and move almost impossibly fast.

I seem to move slowly, and it takes me an entire clip to kill someone.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? I get killed by a variety of enemy classes...soldier, leader, scout etc. I use a variety of classes and it always is the same thing. I had one game when I was 17 kills and 4 deaths. ONE GAME!!!

Please help...I enjoy this game very much but it's so damned frustrating I am ready to pack it in.

2. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Sounds like a lag issue.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I found that in this game even a little teamwork can make a huge difference. So try sticking close to a teammate until you figure out why there is such a gap.

4. TLantMAGNUS

TLantMAGNUS Member

If it's lag I'm pooched I guess. I'll try sticking close to some people and see if that at least helps a bit. Thanks for the advice.

I try and keep my matchmaking setting to regional, but with so few players I don't think it's helping.

5. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

People cheat.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On 360 I haven't encountered any cheaters that I recall. I know PC is infested with them. But I expect PS3 to be the same as 360.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Once you just start up, you won't have many awesome upgrades and abilities. Once you level and not let the frustration stand in your way, you get more upgrades that compliment your abilities, and you can formulate more coherent strategies. Always stick with your team, too. If you break up, try to get back as soon as possible. You can use different abilities and strategies to help your team, like Ammo Beacon, Warcry, Mark Target etc. or use other abilities when solo, such as Cloaking. Also, try not to attack overshielded enemies, enemies with more health than you, etc. It's easier to get kills on weaker classes, of course, but the weaker classes do hold advantages in their speed, and offensive power.

8. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    you must channel that anger inside of you grasshopper u are trying to hard

9. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

You'll get better eventually!

10. TLantMAGNUS

TLantMAGNUS Member

Thanks guys...I think that is part of the problem, in that I don't fully undestand the game. I'm used to FPS's like COD and Battlefield, where it's easy to figure out what the abilities and weapons are capable of.

It may fully be that I am not using my character's abilities properly, or maximizing on certain tactics that suit a given character class. Is there a strategy guide somewhere?

Also, do you think hosting a game will reduce any lag I am experiencing?

11. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    I started out as being no good. For beginners it is not very easy. However with time you will get better. But here are some tips I can give you.

-Always keep moving. (Unless you are trying to snipe someone)
    -Use your abilities whenever in combat.
    -Practice on a specific weapon to understand its range and power.
    -Aim for the head, it is the weakest point to attack.
    - If you get too damaged run!
    - Always check for overshields.

If you learn these things then you are well on your way.
    But remember practice makes perfect. :thumbs2: 

12. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    there are spots in most levels that are to close to death point where you will fall off for most people to go near hide in those and snipe

i also find that people tend to hide in the same placeses in most levels as it gives them an the most line of sight lurn those and own those snipers

13. TLantMAGNUS

TLantMAGNUS Member

Hey, thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread. I've found some tutorials and such on youtube that have helped me set up my classes better. Combined with all of the advice here, I've turned a new leaf.

Also, the lag for me in the last two days of playing has completely gone!!! I am now either at least double or triple my kills vs deaths.

Thanks again everyone!