Please explain these 3 things in DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by r6680jc, Nov 2, 2011.

1. r6680jc

r6680jc Well-Known Member

Please explain these:

1. in white house, when Carly was taking her own pic using her cellphone, I only heard the shutter sound, but the cellphone screen didn't show a pic had been taken.

2. In Carly's apartment, when Sam let Wheelie in, it was raining outside, but when Sam met his parent on the outside, the road looked too dry if there was raining before.

3. On the middle east illegal nuclear site, what would Mirage/Dino do to the soldiers when he said "On the ground, per favore, and stay there!", but they refused (or they didn't understand what he said) and then they shot him?

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    1. the cell phone looks old, and older phones have a delay when they take pictures

2. We know Bay likes to advance time super fast (remember the Barricade/ BB chase from TF1?)

3. Dino wouldve just taken their weapons like Jazz did in TF 1

3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Apparently Michael Bay thinks he's too good for a continuity editor.

4. r6680jc

the phone was a Nokia running Symbian v5 OS, I know how the screen should look when taking pics, and in the movie, it looked like she didn't press the shutter key at all.

Sam met his parent was just a couple of hours (or maybe less than an hour) after he let Wheelie in to the apartment, the road couldn't dry that fast, there was small amount of water on the road (in front of the bus), but most of the other part of that road was too dry.

Those awesome blades are no use?

5. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Those awesome blades are no use?

remember the hatchet-scene? they are not useless...

6. r6680jc

I know that, I was reffering to middle east scene.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I think we are finally running out of things to bitch about...maybe.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Hasbro is talking about doing even more movies so we are never going to run out of stuff until they run the live action series into the ground.

9. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    yeah....pretty sure it was in the ground the moment we got the tag line

"Our world, thier war"

That was the moment we knew it would be more humans than Transformers in Transformers.

10. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

1. Why does it matter?

2. Will it effect the rest of the movie?

11. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Continuity man.... It's messing up continuity.....

12. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    How about why the "Washington DC" setting had skyscrapers in it? Has no one who was working on that film ever been to DC??

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Maybe she gots one o' dems fancy new cellpherns that takes pictures all different like or I dunno seems like a silly little flub to make. Weird they'd include the shutter sound but not show it actually take a photo.

We don't know how long it took him to get ready. He was in PJs when he let Wheelie and Bonecrusher in, yet was fully prepared when leaving. And Sam is kinda... you know, prissy sometimes. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I think it's a good thing he's so deliberate about his appearence.

I think they got the message clear enough. Words don't matter when you have a clearly hostile giant mechanical monster standing over you with two obscenely long, sharp baldes. If they were dumb enough to shoot, it was propbably for only a split second before their guns all got sliced in half.

14. tpainzbro

tpainzbro Well-Known Member

1. I didn't realize taking a picture on her phone was so damn important to the movie. Was it a major plot point or something?

2. When Bay shot the Wheele scene maybe it was raining that day and when Sam was getting ready it was a sunny day.

3. Because when an alien robot starts swishing his blades back and forth and can only be killed by specialized rounds you listen.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Maybe it's a setting on that phone that has Auto Preview turned off.

Maybe time had passed, and it was a light rain. I've seen it happen personally.

Don't really have an explanation for something that didn't take place in the movie.

16. r6680jc

Even if auto preview turned off, there should be a short preview (a second or less, but still visible) before it continued the cam viewfinder, which it wasn't in the movie.

An asphalt road will not dry in two hours after rain like that.

You know, I really want to see Autobots kill human.

If it wasn't important, why did Bay don't cut that scene?

Bay didn't shot any scenes, he was the director, he must have a reason why there was weather changing.

Some people are brave enough.

That was a Nokia phone running Symbian OS v5 (I don't remember the series), it shouldn't act like that.

But the road shouldn't dry faster than whatever Sam did until he was fully prepared.

I think, if they shot him, kill them is more effective for him.

17. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Well you've answered your own question it seems, by explaining how every possibility offered is impossible in your mind. Therefore this has gotta be the worst film ever, and a total waste of time for you. Because Carly really didnt take a picture of herself. I encourage you to never see it again.
    Its called a movie!!!! They add in all those noises in post production, people don't even use phones in movies, they talk into it, and they add screen glow, the other half of the conversation in the edit room.
    Mirage didn't kill anyone because it wasn't written into the damn script, and the Iranians didn't fight back because that's how it was written.
    And the pavement was dry because the rain was most likely fake, and the outdoor scenes were probably filmed in a completely diferant place and time. The apartment patio was probably on a sound stage. Its a goof, obviously, every movie has goofs, but you are excelling in the mundane here.

18. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I have live din Chicago and the weather is bi polar. It can go from down pouring then 20 min later be 90 degrees. The ground and roads can have puddles but be complely dry in like an hour.

19. NFossil

NFossil Well-Known Member

1. The White House's anti-espionage electronic system made her phone camera malfunction.
    2. The Cons were preparing to mobilize their troops on the moon through massive underground bunkers, shifting its center of mass and therefore orbit, causing anomalies in Earth weather.
    3. Instinct.
    Satisfied?

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Really?