Please don't make Optimus a pansy again!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by cleftasunder, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

There was one scene focused on Blackout where he was about to intervene in the Prime/Megs fight, where we see Prime land a punch or two on Megs in the background.

2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee was still the one to finish Brawl.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Optimus is apparently going to combine with Jetfire from what we've seen into some bad-ass configuration. Also, as stated before, he leaps onto Demolishor, who is about twice as tall and WAYYYYY bigger than Prime, which is one hell of a gutsy way to attack the raging constructicon.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    That may be enough to satisfy you, but it's not enough to satiate me. :p 

5. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I don't think Optimus Prime was a "pansy" in the first movie. The way he disposed Bonecrusher with his blade was rather ruthless and lethal, but Megatron was just a superior enemy. Prime was a noble leader, and probably were a bit too selfless regarding his solution for the destruction of the AllSpark, but he weren't a pansy.

6. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

It's pretty much already been said a few times, but I don't remember Prime being anything close to a pansy in the 2007 movie. He killed Bonecrusher and held his own against a larger and stronger foe in Megatron.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That's my biggest gripe too. Megatron was so overpowered in the movie it was hard to believe that Optimus could have possibly survived as long as he did in the war.
    It bordered on ridiculousness, really.

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well of course Optimus killed Bonecrusher. Bonecrusher himself was a pansy. He was like General Grievous. Someone who you thought would be a badass, and ended up being a punk.

9. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

So Optimus was a pansy because he only killed Bonecrusher, who was a bigger pansy because he got killed by Optimus, who was a pansy because he only killed Bonecrusher, who was a bigger pansy because... argh, dizzy.

Maybe Optimus just out-badassed him. I mean, dude did skate through a bus.

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

What I'm saying is his power level in the first movie was just right very suspenseful rather than him just casually womping on the bad guy. You wanted prime to win but doing so would be a herculean effort that he may not succeed in.

Basically Prime shouldn't be "OVER 9000!"

How do you figure that? They probably didn't encounter each other 1 on 1 on the battlefield I mean typically opposing soldiers will only face each other once directly, besides megatron was trapped on earth for billions of years.

11. cleftasunder

cleftasunder Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing!
    The film is about Transformers, not the US military.
    I know Bay gets to use all their fancy gear, but they should be supporting players only.
    I don't want the military coming to save the day.

12. cleftasunder

cleftasunder Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    Also, what others have mentioned about him jumping off the bridge is very gutsy and courageous. I don't mind him getting beaten up, but I would like him to overcome.
    No need for Sam or the military to save the day...again!

13. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To have Prime as the underdog works best. If he was to kick butt throughout the whole movie, it would be boring.

14. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

That always got me angry, how Prime was not really "Prime". He hardly got any action at all. Megatron totally pwned him.

It was infuriating.

I hope as Orci or was it De Bonevetura (?) said: "In ROTF, unlike the first film, Optimus Prime will totally live up to his name."

And he f#$%ing better. He f#$%ing better.

I want to see Prime wreck some 'Con bitches left and right. Prime is supposed to prove why he is the leader through action. He is practically a field neral for crying out loud!

I want my robo-violence, Bay.

15. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hopefully, optimus will get the shit kicked out of him enough in this movie for him to kick serious ass in the third.

16. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

For me, it's the old War of the Worlds deal. Humans shouldn't really be able to do much against starfaring aliens with ultratech.

I also disagree about Prime's gun being about on par with Megatron's I mean, Megs is all about the cannon. That's why I was disappointed he wasn't sporting an enourmous arm cannon in the film.

I guess the gimpgun arm will have to do.

- Coeloptera

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My problem with Prime was they didn't make him heroic enough. We needed to see Prime saving more than just Sam, so catching the helicopter Megatron damaged, or maybe taking a hit from Bonecrusher to save a car full of humans really would have helped cement the idea that it was more than just words about all sentient beings. You know like we see Spider Man save more than Marry Jane or Iron Man save more than Pepper to show they are real heroes.

But then does Prime even need to be tough when the Decepticons are some of the biggest pansies to ever disgrace the big screen. I mean damn they were almost lamer than the druid army from the Clone Wars. It's so easy for the humans to kill the Decepticons the Autobots could just take some vacation time and let the humans mop up all the weakling Decepticons in a few hours.

Makes me glad Bay isn't tapped to direct a Justice League move or he'd have cops take down the Legion of Doom instead of the League. That and Superman wouldn't save anyone but Jimmy. I mean that's what it feels like when the military is taking down Decepticons and Prime is only saving Sam.

18. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I think we're forgetting that the Autobots were mostly Scientists, medics, etc. Not soldiers. And while I would like to see more "Prime" im Optimus like most people, I don't think he was a pansy. I think Bay and co. were trying to make the Autobots like what todays police SHOULD be- peace keepers, defenders, etc- and not how most of todays police actually are -bullys with big guns and an athority complex- Hence Barricade being a cop car. But don't get me wrong, I DO hope that after losing one of they're own (wait, isn't Jazz coming back? lol) they decide to start playing rougher with the cons and kick some serious ass! I doubt it though, as I'm not predicting a very happy ending, with heavy losses on both sides

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Exactly! Now you're catching on! =D

20. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He dices Bonecrusher like a stone cold killer...doesn't even break a sweat. And a pansy doesn't lay his life down on the line for his human buddy/the rest of the planet.

Not to mention Megatron is huuuuuuuuge lol