Please don't make Optimus a pansy again!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by cleftasunder, Apr 2, 2009.

1. cleftasunder

cleftasunder Well-Known Member

I loved the first film for what it was, but my major gripe was the portrayal of Optimus. Whenever he was in a fight, he would be getting slapped around and now in the trailer for ROTF he is literally getting slapped.
    I'm worried that they will make him a pansy again.
    I hope they don't, but I guess we will know for sure in a couple of months.

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Just cause he's not John "Mother Fuckin" Mclane doesn't make him a pansy

3. cleftasunder

cleftasunder Well-Known Member

Against Bonecrusher he definitely wasn't. Then they revealed his split personality and in the end he was getting beaten to a pulp by Megatron.

4. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

Ya i agree..he wasn't a pasny but he did not fight well against megs and that pissed me of...i think they caught on to our gripes and he will kick ass in ROTF

5. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who was bigger and stronger than prime not to mention hadnt been worn down by a fight on a freeway with bonecrusher.

But i agree we need to see him do more heroic stuff this time round.

6. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doing well in one fight and bad in another is a "split personality"?

7. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the first movie you do actually see Optimus fighting pretty well against Megatron, unfortunately it's all in the background while Blackout is getting owned by Lennox and his guys. Then when the action actually focuses on Prime it's when Megs is tossing him around like trash.

As for ROTF, we'll see what happens. The scene of him getting his faceplate smashed in the trailer is only one scene.

Besides, the way Prime jumps off the exploding bridge and onto the even bigger Demolishor shows that Optimus is badass.

8. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i never pictured prime as a bad ass, even growing up with g1...ive always seen megatron as the more powerful one with prime being the underdog...if prime didnt have the matrix megatron would have slaughtered him a long time ago

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Knowing Bay and Orci, more than half the 'Cons might once again end up being killed by humans. :banghead: 

10. SomeCroatianGuy

SomeCroatianGuy PS3 ID: DEATHSTROKE-cro-

News Credits:
    well, I hope that won't be the case in ROTF but....
    do you think if transformers were real and they came on Earth,wouldn't army do something to stop them from killing the people ?
    I'm just saying.

11. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bob said he felt Optimus should have gotten a few extra hits at Megs at the official forum in July 2007; I'm so thankful we have someone at the movie staff supporting us.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The fact that he was able to hold out against Megs is major points towards him, IMO. Megatron ripped an Autobot apart with HIS BARE HANDS. Optimus still landed a few good hits AND scissor'd his leg off as a final FU after Megsy switched his attention to Sam, but Megatron had size, speed, flight and raw strength on his side. Optimus killed Bonecrusher in minutes, too, and he was a big guy. How the fuck can you call Prime a pansy? The only thing that was able to kill Megs (well, not really kill him) was the Allspark. An object with enough energy to power a planet and create a sentient species.

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hang on, has anyone got a screenshot of Megatron's leg falling off as he lunges toward Sam before he dies?

14. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree, I don't think that is what happened. Prime was on the ground wounded and all he did was make Megatron trip by putting his fist out.

Not that I really care though. Megatron was much stronger so Prime definitely isn't a pansy. Just outgunned. I'm sure we will see just how badass he can bee in ROTF.

15. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree when they say Prime was getting his butt kicked by Megatron from the first movie. I hope Prime will be stronger in the second one.

16. polystyleneman

polystyleneman Well-Known Member

Extra? Trying to remember, did Prime get in ANY hits?

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not against the military doing something to stop the Decepticons. I'm against them actually succeeding. If the military can take the Decepticons down on their own, what are the Autobots there for?

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    look at that scene in the trailer where he jumps off the bridge at Demolisher. He doesn't stand a chance in hell. Does he even hesitate?

Does that sound like a 'pansy' to you?

19. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

^sounds more like an idiot, but i get your point.

I think you guys are taking the OPs use of the word "pansy" out of context though...all the OP means is he hopes prime can hold his own better than he did, the OP doesnt think that Prime is a wimp or weak or anything like that

20. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just wanna see him decapitate another bot. That was great. However, maybe t
    Movie tf's are like humans in that what does not kill you only makes you stronger. We all have to admit, he did pretty much get his ass whooped by megs only after. Being thrown off a bridge by bonecrusher. But still, he should of benn able to do something more against megs. And I sincerely hope they do something to beef up his gun too, bc THAT was a pathetic shot at megatron, then gets thrown into a building? Common. I'll go with the out sized out gunned thing, but I still think primes weapons should come close to sizing up with megatrons..