Please... advise me on Scorponoks

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by billcosby, Mar 16, 2009.

1. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    So I'm planning the purchase of a Scorponok.

Much as I love the G1 color scheme and original mold, I'm not going with G1 Scorpy or Black Zarak. I also lack the cash flow.

I have the movie edition and he just doesn't look right with my other Depecticons. Frankly, they're all laughing at him behind his back ;) 

I've boiled it down to Superlink MegaZarak (the minty colored one)...
    Energon Scorponok (sometimes referred to as a bag of M&Ms)
    and Dark Scorponok (Cybertron??).

Anyone who has any of these, please tell me how it displays among your collection, if you wish you owned the other, how much is too much to shell out for one 100% complete, etc.

Cheers

2. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    SL Scorponok for the win. I have the Energon version but he's in a box with a bunch of other TFs because I don't have any room left for display right now. Pricing? No idea. Under 100 shipped for sure.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

If you want maximum G1-itude (and you're displaying him in a Classics-based collection), I would go with Energon Scorponok. It's got the green and orange of G1, and just swaps out the purple for pale blue (albeit in a different color layout). It also has a pale yellow face to mimic the cream-colored headmaster of the G1 figure.

'Fraid I don't have SL Scorponok, so I can't really judge that one. It always looked a little too green-heavy to me, though, like it needed another accent color.

Dark Scorponok makes a great Black Zarak stand-in, and on a purely objective level is my favorite color scheme of the three.

Honestly, it's a GREAT mold, no matter what version you choose. It's extremely detailed and cleverly designed (a scorpion bulldozer, what a cool idea). I'm still hoping that a faithfully-G1-colored version gets released as a Universe filler at some point, because I think it is a really excellent take on the character.

4. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Wow, quick replys, thanks a lot.

I'm really torn between Dark S. and Superlink. And I do acknowledge that Energon may be the best fit for a G1 based collection...
    I'm in Japan, so there's a MIB Superlink MegaZarak down the street for 80 bucks (USD) and I'm torn between that and scooping up a Dark Scorp on Ebay or elsewhere.

5. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    You can get some G1`s at a steal.

If I had to go for one of those it would be Energon