Playstation Vita

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Haloid1177, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    the 3ds launch/pre-launch game was ass too but they picked up steam really hard going into the last few months of it's (current) first year out.

the vita could be the same way, but only time is going to show that. what it's bringing to the table next month isn't worth the price of entry for me...yet. I may get one around summertime if things pick up by then.

and yeah I'm still bitter about the umd support. I have a lot of games on that format that I just refuse to buy again on psn so I can have the digital format as well. I don't support that practice at all, and if it means I still gotta bust out my brick psp to play those titles I guess thems the breaks.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand what you mean from a certain standpoint. I loved Crisis Core. One of the only good subsequent Final Fantasy 7 games. It's the one game that hasn't been made digital, so when I went full digital with PSP, I had to lose that game. Unless square rereleases it, I will have no way to play that game again.

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Definitely considering a purchase. It's got RR, which is basically a must-have title for me, and the system has everything the PSP lacked (dual sticks, a touch screen, etc.). I loved my PSP for its great graphics and always hated the DS systems for their lack of appealing visuals. If only the PSP didn't have so few games. And now we get the Vita, which should fix that for me.

Plus I smashed my 3DS a while ago. Damn thing was really annoying. And the 3D is crap. Gimmick, gets old fast, wasn't that good to begin with. And the ambassador program really pissed me off. Just give me my extra money back in a nice, easy payment, and I'd be happy. Don't give me ports of old crap. I have my GBA Mario Kart, and that's about the only one of those old games that I have any interest in.

So yeah, Vita for me, unless I decide to spend it on an Intuos or a Galaxy instead. Time will tell, but it's on the short list. And of the options I have, it's the cheapest. :) 

Only one thing worries me. My PSP I got overseas, and it's been very screwy with new games. Don't know why, probably an OS issue or something. Regardless, I hope the Vita doesn't have the same issues. And it better not have any region lock issues. I still hate my Nintendo Wii for that.

Yeah, Nintendo has been annoying me lately. :( 

4. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hope you can deal with slowdowns and that 3 courses and 5 cars are enough to satisfy you cause that's all the game is giving you.

5. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

Probably not day one; but Uncharted and portable UMvC3 and The Show have me looking quite intently at one.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I'll just wait for a Kingdom Hearts game. Hell, that's why I buy anything nowadays.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    u mad bro?

y u mad?

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    The system looks great. The graphics are amazing, the framerate... what it can handle at such a small size is really frigging impressive. The dual analogs are ingenius.
    But I'm not still not getting it. I'm not gonna take part in supporting online exclusive distribution.

9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Not a day one purchase but I am still gonna get one when I have the money.

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will most likely be getting one after the inevitable price drop. The longer the takes, the better since it will have a better library built up. I loves me Uncharted, but I can only play a game for so long before it gets repetitive, and I don't see too many other games coming out soon that interest me. Plus I'm still in love with my 3DS at the moment :lol 

11. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Agree. The 3ds is good enough to wait for a price drop. I'm predicting a 2000 model with 3d.

12. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering how little it helped the 3DS (in fact, it might have hurt it) I don't think Sony will have the next PSV model feature 3D. Plus, do they really want it to be any more expensive?

13. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    The rear touch panel really turns me off.

14. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

ive been hearing more and more about the 3G version being somewhat worthless. limiting what you can do on it (not being able to play multiplayer, etc).

i wonder how long the 3G version will last.

15. raiden225005

raiden225005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I paid 250 for a 3ds on launch and could barely justify the purchase of even one of the launch games. I guess I have no problem getting the vita day one considering I want at least 6-7 of the launch games and there are dozens of other great launch line up games coming soon.

16. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

That's a good point. To me, I'm mainly disappointed in the lack of a Grand Prix mode. Spot Race is all well and good, but without a grand Prix to unlock new cars and tracks the game should get stale very soon. Also the DLC is absolutely crap, apparently, being only music and a few cars and tracks. They should really just give the game away, then I might take it.

Still, Uncharted is mighty tempting. But I'm definitely not so eager to purchase a Vita now. They nuked the only franchise I regularly buy Playstations for (PS1 for R4, PS3 for RR7, PSP for RR and RR2). F*** you, Sony. Either do a good job of it, or you might as well rename yourself Nintendo and be done with it (yes, Ridge Racer DS was crap, IMO, and 3D wasn't much better).

Edit: read a review of Uncharted. Now reconsidering the Vita. Though I still hate Sony for ruining Ridge Racer. I hope someone gets fired for that. Actually, I hope a lot of people got fired for that. It's just unforgivable to ruin Ridge Racer. :( 

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Got my Vita yesterday. Absolutely love it. Graphics are amazing, has a nice weight, and I just love it. So happy I took the plunge.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just happy that I bought Wipeout 2048 digitally, and I'll be getting the PS3 version as well. I really wanted a copy for the big screen but didn't want to double-dip.

20. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Waiting for when I have the money then I'll get it. (From the demo, uncharted, and wipeout are definitely gonna be purchased)