Playstation Vita

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Haloid1177, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Searched for a true thread for this, didn't find one. Anyone taking the plunge on the release date? I am. Japanese sales suck, yeah, but I think it'll find its footing a little later.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got a chance to play it for the first time yesterday. Played Uncharted, Wipeout, Little Big Planet and a few other games.

Definitely picking it up next month. I game a lot on my iPad and it's still not quite the experience of what I played yesterday. It was also sweet to play Wipeout on the Vita against other people playing it on the PS3.

That little shit delivers some serious visuals, and runs them at a slick framerate. I thought the little analog sticks would suck, but I adjusted to Uncharted easily.

The Japanese sales don't phase me, just like they didn't phase me for the 3DS. The hardware is solid and the launch titles look to be as well.

3. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Will LittleBigPlanet be out on release day? I haven't seen a confirmed release date for it anywhere.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think so, but LBP on the Vita plays better than the PS3. You can hold the Vita vertically for games like Spy Hunter, and my fiance and I were playing a little two player hockey game on LBP with one Vita, using the touch screen to move our little goalie around.

The augmented reality shit trounces what my 3DS can do. It tracks backgrounds really well and the framerate is slick and solid.

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • No dedicated internal hard drive.
    • Expensive, proprietary external memory cards.
    • No HDMI out.
    • Sony's refusal to clarify if previously purchased PSN content (such as PS1, Neo-Geo, TG-16 games) will need to be repurchased for PSV or if a patch will make them compatible.
    • Launch price.
    • Game prices.

For those reasons above, I will not be purchasing this thing.

6. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I look forward to that, the new Resistance, and of course Uncharted. Hope we got some strong launch titles besides Uncharted, though.

7. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will definitely be waiting till the price is cut on this! Price is far too high!

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Day one purchase, baby.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't say anything regarding the other ones because aside from the stupid memory cards, I don't mind the price too much. But a friend of mine imported ones and his purchases work. It counts as one of your portable devices. The only ones that I don't have an answer for are the PS1 games. The PSP games supposedly work.

For what it's worth, I put up my hands-on with it.

http://www.psnation.org/2012/01/23/...ta-psnation-visits-the-vita-hill-social-club/

The system is solid, and it feels freakin' great in an adult's hand. Wipeout 2048 looks better on it than on my PS3, and Uncharted looks amazing. I wish it came with some sort of initial internal memory like the 3DS, but that's one reason why I tried to pay it off early. So any spending I did on launch would be for games and memory sticks.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  10. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't own any PSP games. I do own PSone Classics, TG-16 Games, Neo-Geo games, etc. The memory card prices and the lack of an onboard HDD are unforgivable in my opinion.

11. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

This reason alone is enough for me to never look at this system. Get with the times Sony!

Also, no launch games that I want, and I can't find any games in the works that I want either. Also a big factor.

12. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm getting one eventually, but will wait a year or two. The system needs MGS games for me to take the plunge, although Uncharted is really tempting.

Still, I won't buy the Vita just for one game, but I'll admit I do love what I've seen so far

13. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

If no Monster Hunter game comes out of this machine, consider it a pass...

14. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    System is nice, but it's too expensive right now. Plus there are no real must haves, and considering it doesn't play PSP games I'll wait.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except for the part that it does play PSP games ;) 

Must have's are relative, of course. But we picked up the 3DS with no-anything-haves. My first game was Zelda, which came out months later.

That would have been a HUUUUGE factor in Japanese sales.

16. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    same reasons. that and the 3ds has all my attention as far as portables go atm. sony's gonna have to have the games on full throttle to make me drop my 3ds and put money down on their machine.

cool where do I put my 30 psp umd's?

17. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I'm still thinking twice about buying a 3DS... fucking 3D makes me dizzy.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just find it amusing that people are touting the 3DS when it was being bashed the same in January. It actually had a worst launch because it had no must-have launch titles at all, and the first original game came out in October.

Sorry, I moved to digital PSP games like 2 years ago. So yeah, nothing for the physical games, but this is the second PSP system in existence (as in the PSP, and then the PSVita). My DSI couldn't play GBA games even if the DS could, and I owned an assload of GBA games, so I had to rebuy a GBA when I got a DSi. Again, not a situation that I am unaccustomed to, and nothing new there.

Yeah, I was curious why you were glad that you could turn 3D off on MH. I was kinda looking forward to playing that in 3D.

19. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was mainly talking about UMDs and you know it:p !
    I still regret picking up the 3DS when I did and I'm pretty sure the vita will also have a price cut sooner or later, especially after it's lackluster Japanese launch.

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ambassador program made me feel better about my purchase. Otherwise I might have had some regret. That was a serious price cut. But that's where I see a difference here. I bought the 3DS and played mini games until Zelda came out. Despite loving Zelda, it was still an old game.

When I get the Vita, I plan on getting Uncharted (new game), and Wipeout (New game). Even if their is a price drop, I will have experienced new games on the system prior to the price cut. The 3DS price cut happened before I actually took advantage of the system with Mario 3DS and Mario Kart. Even Star Fox was a port. So if it hadn't been for the Ambassador thing, I would felt that I could have waited and still experienced all of the new titles for a lot cheaper.

At the end of the day, I love gadgets, so as long as it's not NGAGE 2, I will give it a shot.