Playstation Home: The Official Salsa Dancing too Close to a Girl thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Opticron Primal, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Didn't see a thread for this and since Home really is it's own experiance, I made a thread. If mods think otherwise, please lock or merge or whatever.

I've only been on PSN for only a week and I'm already addicted to Home. It's nice walking around the environments and playing minigames for free stuff, though I admit I did spend some cash on clothes and a new personal space.

I've also met some really cool people as well, who I hang out and chat with.

Really, the only things I don't like about it are the random disconnections once in a while and the guys. Ooooooh, the guys. It disgusts me that so many guys on Home treat it as a dating service, going up to random girls and hitting on them or asking them to friend them in order to invite them to their personal space. Plus there's the virtual feeling up when they start dancing on them.

We could also use this thread to plan any little get-togethers or hangouts in certain areas or at our studios or terraces or what have you.

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Given its avatars, it's probably guys virtually feeling up other guys pretending to be girls. I hear PSN Home is kinda crap compared to Xbox Live.

3. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Two totally different things. Home is like the Sims mixed with Facebook. Basically, it's a built-in game.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Primal, did you try Sodium One, like I mailed you, lol? I love that little mini game. I always saw you on Home, but I thought you were idling, not mingling with the ladies. I'll send you an invite so you can check out my Neptune Palace Apartment.

Not the same thing, Fit. It's a little social service aside from just the PSN thing, which is the online gaming and stuff.

5. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Lol, yeah, I tried Sodium the day before you PMed me. The game's ok, IMO. A little hard to control. And the Neptune sweet is awesome. I mean come ON! A toilet......in the middle of a neon-lit ARCADE ROOM! I got Waterfall Terrace myself and the view is gorgeous.

6. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I'm still getting used to the controls for Home. Hopefully when (or if) I find a Playstation Network cash card I can get me some new threads. I look pretty boring right now.

7. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    I bought myself a Ratchet costume and use it as my default wear.

Basically, I'm called "gay" by every idiot with nothing else better to do... -_-

8. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I've fiddled with Home a bit but wouldn't mind getting more use out of it. I should check it out again soon as I haven't been on since early December. My (free) Katamari Damacy shirt is sweet, the Prince sits on my right shoulder and travels around with me :) 

9. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I want to get a keypad to better chat in Home. Last time I checked, they disabled headsets due to too many complaints of smack talk and vulgarities.

Otherwise, yeah. it would be cool to play games and shoot the breeze with other TFW members.

10. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

I love Home. Been using it since March of last year. Have met a lot of cool people through all the different encounters I've had. Still keep in touch with a good lot of them too.

Spent a little more on virtual items then need be as well.

11. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    The mics seem to be working again. I was able to test it a few days ago.

12. LXL_Guy

Mics working again in public spaces?!

13. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Oh....PUBLIC places....

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

you may be addicted to it now, Primal, but it will wear out soon. maybe.

yep, it happens EVERYWHERE, ive had got home in feb. of 2008, the same day SF4 came out,

i like the Chess and Pool games.

in my personal home, ive got some RE5 figures, Fat Princess Throne and the freaking Bat Cave, YEAH!!!

ive never hit on the girls because of the fact that it could be a guy in disguise. but i got 3 legitimate girls that added me and all 3 got RB2

I dont spend money on virtual clothes.

15. LXL_Guy

I believe that is what Hook was referring to. Yes, a keyboard is definitely a nice perk or you can get keypad. Always usually on at least Mon & Thu for at least two hours just for club activities.

Yeah, one does get tire of HOME easily but it just depends. I still enjoy especially on new content days.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't want chat to work in public places. I totally understand why they removed that.

Primal, how's the fishing game in Waterfall? We were thinkin of getting it.

I have my bottom floor in Neptune decked out with Game posters. It's mt game-appreciation room.

17. LXL_Guy

Fishing is quite repetitive actually. It's easy to catch fish as you just toss your line, tug a bit and usually a fish will bite. Then you just reel in with right analog. Otherwise it gets tedious but you unlock a full fishing suit by the time you've mastered (every fish has a catch quota) each fish.

18. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    If you don't know what RB2 stands for, this sounds a lot worse than it is...

19. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Waterfall Terrace, I think that's where it put me. That the place where you can go out on your balcony and get a nice view of the harbor below?

Haven't really messed around with Home much. Just made my avatar and checked out my room. Started to go out, but it wanted to hit me with a 25mb download. After owning a 360 with just the standard 20gigs, I'm a little paranoid of using up my PS3's HDD space, especially if I have to constantly d/l new areas, etc. on Home.

20. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I made a thread forever ago but Twin Twist had to revise the title with his witty humor.HOME

I don't bother to talk about home on here it always ends up under attack. Sodium is fun I prefer poker though. I am all for the get-togethers we could do some game launching for some SFIV comp.